You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Thinks It's So Unfair.............................

2»

Comments

• Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Thinks It's So Unfair.............................:
    In Response to Re: Thinks It's So Unfair............................. : GRRRRR yes i do understand loony but if there sitting out they should NOT be able 2 win.....thats what im saying.....not kick them out completely but why should they pocket chips 4 doing nothing?????????????
    Posted by xFALLENx
    The only way an 'away' player can cash is because of the idiotic play and fault of the remaining three players. Provided one of them isn't you then you can still hold your head up and say you didn't cause his cash and the player fool enough to get knocked out on the cash bubble only has himself to blame for effectively giving his money away.
    Please, dont get too hung up over this, it really will affect your judgement.
  • xFALLENxxFALLENx Member Posts: 826
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Thinks It's So Unfair............................. : The only way an 'away' player can cash is because of the idiotic play and fault of the remaining three players. Provided one of them isn't you then you can still hold your head up and say you didn't cause his cash and the player fool enough to get knocked out on the cash bubble only has himself to blame for effectively giving his money away. Please, dont get too hung up over this, it really will affect your judgement.
    Posted by Hale72
    U talk sense Hale72 and have listened 2 ur advice so ty x
  • Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Thinks It's So Unfair............................. : U talk sense Hale72 and have listened 2 ur advice so ty x
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Glad to help, like i say, really used to affect my game too but so long as your not at fault for his cash, you can do no more really.. I still get angry at players fighting for pots on the bubble but so long as you have plenty more chips than the 'away' then put yourself away if necessary just purely to guarantee your money. (obviously this only works in DYM games but as these are the most popular sit'n'gos you should not have too much to worry about)

Now bad beats!!! Dont get me started LOL but thats another thread!!!!
    edited August 2009
    but they wont pocket chips unless everyone folds and that would be silly. what u want is for them 2 be sitting to your left so u can raise on the small blind, also i find if u r in a 3 handed situation dont go limping to the river
    Posted by loonytoons
    GRRRRR I wanna bosh u....lol

I know how 2 steal if somebody 'away'.... im saying not eveybody plays the same game there4 the person 'away' ends up pocketing chips.

SKY SHOULD JUST SIT THE PERSON OUT IF THERE 'AWAY' SO THEY CANT WIN THE HAND, LADBROKES DO IT AND ITS A LOT FAIRER...NOBODY LOSES OUT!!!!
  • DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited August 2009
    I understand what your saying fallen, but people being away are just free chips to a smart player. You can build your stack up nicely and never play a real hand, especially as the blinds start to go up a bit.

I have seen it happen many many times, and the away player comes back to less than half their stack and has only one move - all in. Then it is just a matter of time until they are taken out, or they can double up and really hurt another opponent (good news for you either way).

Just look at them like the free chips they are. Min raise every hand when they are small or big blind for free chips, and when everyone else folds and it is just you and them left in the hand, min raise will kick them out and you take the hand down with your 2-7 off suit.

They still annoy me doing it, but now I just make sure they pay a heavy price for doing it, and I gain from it. 1 away player is an almost guaranteed cash in a DYM for me.
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited August 2009
    if you really get annoyed use your pointer arrow and poke them in the eye
  • DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited August 2009
    But surely if I do that nutter, they will get a black eye for real and then I will be in trouble with the police?

I know every time someone does it to my avatar I get a terrible pain in my right eye!
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited August 2009
    But surely if I do that nutter, they will get a black eye for real and then I will be in trouble with the police? I know every time someone does it to my avatar I get a terrible pain in my right eye!
    Posted by Draig
     that is the beauty of internet poker draig--no-one can actually prove beyond all reasonable doubt which player it was that virtually poked you in the eye--dont however attempt to get away with it in a heads up situation--for obvious reasons

• RickyVillaRickyVilla Member Posts: 258
    edited August 2009
    Fwiw i actually don't mind aways they have actually donated their buy in to the prize pool with no realistic prospect of seeing it again.

Also one less to beat as well.

All good no need to get stressed about it just have a nice cup of tea.
    edited August 2009
    Draig & nutter - LMAOLMAOLMAO - job done - have cheered up now - ty x
    edited August 2009
    Fwiw i actually don't mind aways they have actually donated their buy in to the prize pool with no realistic prospect of seeing it again. Also one less to beat as well. All good no need to get stressed about it just have a nice cup of tea.
    Posted by RickyVilla
    Not stressed Ricky (well mayb a bit)
    I just stating that its NOT RIGHT !!!!!

and u and ur tea.....lololololololololol xx
  • DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Thinks It's So Unfair............................. : GRRRRR yes i do understand loony but if there sitting out they should NOT be able 2 win.....thats what im saying.....not kick them out completely but why should they pocket chips 4 doing nothing?????????????
    Posted by xFALLENx
    there is no reason for an away player to win a pot,any bet at any stage of the game makes them auto fold.
    the only time it gets to showdown is when they are all in,i think the amount of times an away player cashes must be very rare.
    cheers..dave
  • lucky77777lucky77777 Member Posts: 1,444
    edited August 2009
    HI FALLEN I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT U MEAN AND THEY TEND TO DO IT WHEN THEY INCREESE THERE STACK AND THEN COME
    BACK AT THE LATTER STAGE AND I DO THINK THAT IS WRONG  AFTER ALL WE ARE HERE TO PLAY I AM WITH U ON THAT ONE SKY SHOULD LOOK INTO THIS ONE OR IF IT IS CONNECTION PROBS IT IS ONLY FOR A SHORT TIME THERE AWAY

HOPE TO SEE U ON THE TABLES SOON AND GL TO U AND ALL BE LUCKY FROM LUCKY
    edited September 2009
    HI FALLEN I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT U MEAN AND THEY TEND TO DO IT WHEN THEY INCREESE THERE STACK AND THEN COME BACK AT THE LATTER STAGE AND I DO THINK THAT IS WRONG  AFTER ALL WE ARE HERE TO PLAY I AM WITH U ON THAT ONE SKY SHOULD LOOK INTO THIS ONE OR IF IT IS CONNECTION PROBS IT IS ONLY FOR A SHORT TIME THERE AWAY              HOPE TO SEE U ON THE TABLES SOON AND GL TO U AND ALL BE LUCKY FROM LUCKY
    Posted by lucky77777
    THANKYOU LUCKY X  TAKE CARE AND C U SOON :)