You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sunday Night Open With DP and Mark!

2»

Comments

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited September 2009
    The internet is trying to defend Rich!

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-7880527.html

• MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited September 2009
    Personally, I think it was Tikay's fault - I think he held the hat wrong.

Rich, you are pure comedy gold - pleeeeeeeease don't let this stop you being so spontaneous in future.
    I think that you need an upgrade in the co-analyst department, though.
    Perhaps Sky could get Kara back as an analyst now that she has proved how accomplished she is at poker.

I've just received an Ikea catalogue so Col can have that if he wants. (He'd have to pay postage, obv).
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Open With DP and Mark!:
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Open With DP and Mark! : Hi Tony Please please. I don't want or deserve any compensation of any kind. I have been in a similar situation before when running a squash league competitions, so i only posted to help get clarity. As i have said i totally understand the thinking and i agree with what you said that it should be down to the discretion of the presenter and expert to choose the winner. As for a book from your personnel collection, and please don't take this the wrong way, but the History of 12 Gauge Railways is not really my thing lol, but thanks for the offer. Don't worry my friend i will keep posting and emailing the shows, because without my stupid questions how can you and Rich look good hehehe. Where else would i have got this level of response, NOWHERE, so thank you all, but can we leave it there as i've made my point and fell absolutely rotten that it has gone this far. If this has got anyone into trouble then i am truly sorry, as that was farthest from my mind. I LOVE this site and all the satff that i have met over the last 3 years. I have and will defend this site against anyone. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    I blame Rich.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009
    Personally, I think it was Tikay's fault - I think he held the hat wrong. Rich, you are pure comedy gold - pleeeeeeeease don't let this stop you being so spontaneous in future. I think that you need an upgrade in the co-analyst department, though. Perhaps Sky could get Kara back as an analyst now that she has proved how accomplished she is at poker. I've just received an Ikea catalogue so Col can have that if he wants. (He'd have to pay postage, obv).
    Posted by MereNovice
    Oi you!
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Open With DP and Mark! : Oi you!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sorry, it was a typo.
    It should have read "I blame Rich".
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited September 2009
    Col, (Mr Mbro), Yes, with hindsight, that was not ideal. I blame Rich. ;) It won't happen again, & it was not intended to be unfair, but it was. I blame Rich. I'll make sure you get some form of compensation via an extra prize - I have some books at home, & I'll bring one along for when I next see you. I blame Rich, actually. As Rich (who I blame) said, these are the perils of Live TV, you say something "on the hoof" & that's it, you are stuck with it. I blame Rich. The other thing is that it's important that the on-screen pairings - in this case Rich & I - stick together when things go wrong. This was a bit of a boo-boo, & Rich & I share the blame jointly. That's 80% him, & 30% me. I blame Rich. Seriously, I am truly sorry. We messed up.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Does this mean he gets a book on trains or a bus timetable??
  • RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Open With DP and Mark! : Hi Tony Please please. I don't want or deserve any compensation of any kind. I have been in a similar situation before when running a squash league competitions, so i only posted to help get clarity. As i have said i totally understand the thinking and i agree with what you said that it should be down to the discretion of the presenter and expert to choose the winner. As for a book from your personnel collection, and please don't take this the wrong way, but the History of 12 Gauge Railways is not really my thing lol, but thanks for the offer. Don't worry my friend i will keep posting and emailing the shows, because without my stupid questions how can you and Rich look good hehehe. Where else would i have got this level of response, NOWHERE, so thank you all, but can we leave it there as i've made my point and fell absolutely rotten that it has gone this far. If this has got anyone into trouble then i am truly sorry, as that was farthest from my mind. I LOVE this site and all the satff that i have met over the last 3 years. I have and will defend this site against anyone. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Mate, don't worry. I in fact emailed my producer last night to draw his attention to the thread and suggested we do something about it. So you haven't got me into any trouble. Other than an entire forum thread devoted to how I should be punished! LOL

It was a good point that needed clearing up and I'm sure we'll be told by the suits in due course how competitions of this type will be conducted in future.

So, no. I will not be appearing in the Job Centre...yet.

Personally, I blame Tikay.

• mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Open With DP and Mark! : Mate, don't worry. I in fact emailed my producer last night to draw his attention to the thread and suggested we do something about it. So you haven't got me into any trouble. Other than an entire forum thread devoted to how I should be punished! LOL It was a good point that needed clearing up and I'm sure we'll be told by the suits in due course how competitions of this type will be conducted in future. So, no. I will not be appearing in the Job Centre...yet. Personally, I blame Tikay.
    Posted by RichOrford
    Hi Rich have you seen the private message i sent, it comes from the heart m8
    col
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Open With DP and Mark! : Hi Rich have you seen the private message i sent, it comes from the heart m8 col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Hi col

Where else could you get this sort of thing where the presenters and analysts will take the trouble to appologise and to talk to you and really, really mean what they say, the whole Sky Poker Staff are the best THEY ROOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL