You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

£100 or £200 Sunday night tourney

GliterBabeGliterBabe Member Posts: 361
edited June 2009 in Poker Chat
Sky poker suits,  please please please can we have a decent structured tournament with a big buy in. Love to see a £100 or £200 buy in tourney with decent stack of chips and 15 minute clock ( similar to vegas final ).
Satelites could be run throughout week and a nice generous g'tee to start things off would be nice..

GB...

Comments

• phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited June 2009
    Great idea. We chatted about this a bit at DTD and all were in favour of trying to get Sky to do this.  Perhaps start at 4:00 so they could show the final part either during or instead of the Sunday show.
  • GliterBabeGliterBabe Member Posts: 361
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: £100 or £200 Sunday night tourney:
    Great idea. We chatted about this a bit at DTD and all were in favour of trying to get Sky to do this.  Perhaps start at 4:00 so they could show the final part either during or instead of the Sunday show.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Personally speaking to get better numbers a 7pm or 8pm start would be great...Maybe do a Semi final ( turbo style ) starting @ 5pm or 6pm to satellite in, £11 buy in, 1 in 10 getting a £110 seat. A tourney of this style wouldn't fit their programme, but they could air a little action during Sunday showdown...Come on Sky give it a go!!!!!!

GB
  • hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited June 2009
    i would like to see a tournament of this structure also, maybe not 100 pounds though as even with satellites there would only be a max 50 runners if that. Maybe have it 55 pounds buyin, 1 in 5 satellite etc. it would definately get my vote!
  • Blight1Blight1 Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2009
    i agree, the best tourney sky have  ever put on this far was the 5 oh, and they messed tht rite up
  • Fugly69Fugly69 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2009

Absolutely aggree, anything from £60 up, decent blind structure, decent starting stack.
    Think the blind structure is imperative and needs to be at least 15 mins, to allow players to use skill rather than rely on luck to which you need alot of in the current open structure, which in my opinion is great fun but nothing else, it is impossible to take these kind of tournaments seriously, when after only 2 hours your blinds are as big as your origional starting stack.
    I would definately support a new tournament of this style!

• Buster69Buster69 Member Posts: 135
    edited June 2009
    Yes this defo has my vote maybe like a £110 buy in sounds ideal and totalley agree with the blind levels should be 15 mins and maybe a 5000 starting stack would leave everyone with plenty of play and like yo say more skill and making moves rather than all in gambling hope sky can look at this thread and see the positive views left and hopefully try this tournament out for a couple of weeks and see what kind of interest they get
  • YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited June 2009
    I definitely think that this will come around soon. We have to remember that Sky is still a very young site and is still growing in terms of the numbers of regular players, so it will take a while untill we have enough regular players with bankrolls of that size to get games like these going. But rest assured they will happen as soon as sky think it won't lose them money.

Hopefully the interest we can get from this thread will give it a kick up the backside, though.

[Just claimed the 1,000th post in this sub-forum btw *w00t*]
    edited June 2009
    even though the site isnt massive at the minute they could still give it a trial run, have it in a couple weeks to give enough time for people to qualify etc. see how many numbers they get. It would be the hardest tournament by far as all the best players will be in it.
  • skicowboysskicowboys Member Posts: 162
    edited June 2009
    I'm more than happy to support any buy in (but £55 will probably be enough for most people) that has 15 minute blinds, 1500 or 2000 starting stack. 7 or 8pm is fine. This will probably only work on a fri/sat or sun when the main numbers are there. If sky are worried then start without any guarantee, use tikay to promote the game in advance and play himself (the more presenters the better). Run sats throughout the week and even stt's where the prize is a seat (maybe 6 handed winner take all style). There is lots that can be done.
    When we have new tournies etc can sky send e-mails to us all letting us know?
    edited June 2009
    only thread that hasnt had a comment from a member of skypoker (on this section anyway) to see what they think, this has got alot of interest already, and i know aload more players who would play this.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,702
    edited June 2009
    I'm more than happy to support any buy in (but £55 will probably be enough for most people) that has 15 minute blinds, 1500 or 2000 starting stack. 7 or 8pm is fine. This will probably only work on a fri/sat or sun when the main numbers are there. If sky are worried then start without any guarantee, use tikay to promote the game in advance and play himself (the more presenters the better). Run sats throughout the week and even stt's where the prize is a seat (maybe 6 handed winner take all style). There is lots that can be done. When we have new tournies etc can sky send e-mails to us all letting us know?
    Posted by skicowboys
    I would not need asking, don't worry, I'd play it for sure!

We need to remember that it's very much "each to their own", & to the 500, 600 & even 700 Sky Pokerists that regularly play the fast-structured Opens & suchlike, a slow-structured big buy-in jobbie holds little appeal.

But yes, personally, I'd love to play it, & I will bring this thread to their attention.

During the Vegas satellites, someone suggested to me that Vegas Satellite Sit 'N Gos would be a great idea, so I used all my powers of persuasion, nagging, & whining to get Head Office to try it. So they agreed, & the SNG's were in the Lobby. For 6 weeks.  And we never got a single one going.....

So, right now, my credibility with the Suits is not, shall we say, "good".

But let's see if they will try this idea. for me, it's a great idea, but we are all different, & ultimately, Sky Poker are trying the impossible - to please everyone. And thats not easy.....

We shall see. It WILL happen, it's just a case of when.

Keep nagging, the people's voice will be heard!

edited June 2009
    bump
  • Nutter5932Nutter5932 Member Posts: 349
    edited June 2009
    been trying to get these for over a year now ha,

Based on skys current level of players / buy-ins i would say a £55 - 5k guarentee
    to start with and go from thier.

15 min levels with antes introduced and 5k starting stack 25/50 start

and a small re-buy tournament like £3r-add on
    edited June 2009
    a rebuy tournament would definately be good, small 3 quid sounds about right.
  • Blight1Blight1 Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2009
    been trying to get these for over a year now ha, Based on skys current level of players / buy-ins i would say a £55 - 5k guarentee to start with and go from thier. 15 min levels with antes introduced and 5k starting stack 25/50 start and a small re-buy tournament like £3r-add on
    Posted by Nutter5932
    +1 minus the rebuy bit
    edited June 2009
    a rebuy tournament would definately be good, small 3 quid sounds about right.
    Posted by hurst05
    I believe Rebuys Tourneys are due "soon".
    edited June 2009
    been trying to get these for over a year now ha, Based on skys current level of players / buy-ins i would say a £55 - 5k guarentee to start with and go from thier. 15 min levels with antes introduced and 5k starting stack 25/50 start and a small re-buy tournament like £3r-add on
    Posted by Nutter5932
    I agree with all of then Mr Nutter, EXCEPT the £5k Guarantee.

Look at it this way.

We are trying to get Sky Poker to run bigger buy-in Tourneys, yes?

And there is only ONE THING stopping them, or making them drag their heels, hesitate perhaps - the liability & risk if they fail to hit the Guarantee.

If it were not for that worry, they could pop one in the Lobby at the flick of a switch.

So my view is why don't those of us that want bigger buy-in Events forget about Guarantees, & just ask Sjy Poker to give us a few Tourneys, without any Guarantee.

And that should show whether the demand really exists.

Have a good weekend, & Best Regards to your Dad, who's a cool guy, Quite old mind. ;)
  • huuuuumehuuuuume Member Posts: 569
    edited June 2009

without a guarantee it will never happen.  just takes sky to have some guts and put it on....if you want to limit the risk announce the tourney(s) 2weeks in advance and satellite the living daylights out of it

as it stands i will be in whatever happens just to try and get this off the ground.

i would love to see regular larger buy in tourneys as this is the only poker site where the max buy in of the daily tourneys is £11.  daily guarantee tourneys at £25 would be welcomed by most players

edited June 2009
    without a guarantee it will never happen.  just takes sky to have some guts and put it on....if you want to limit the risk announce the tourney(s) 2weeks in advance and satellite the living daylights out of it as it stands i will be in whatever happens just to try and get this off the ground. i would love to see regular larger buy in tourneys as this is the only poker site where the max buy in of the daily tourneys is £11.  daily guarantee tourneys at £25 would be welcomed by most players
    Posted by huuuuume
    Well guaranbtee or not, you will play them, & so will I.

So the Guarantees are not THAT important!

I don't have a problem with Guarantees as such, & I don't speak for Sky Poker. I'm just making the point - badly perhaps - that if they do not have to offer a Guarantee, then there is NOTHING to stop them running the Tourney.

And I would really - really really - like to see them step up the Buy-Ins for a few Tourneys, as I know a lot of us are gagging for bigger Tourneys.

So, first things first. Let's try & persuade them to run the Tourneys, see what reaction they get - how many runners etc - then take it from there.
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited June 2009
    Agreed with Tikay.

So basically test out a couple of larger entry fee tournaments without a guarantee, show the demand is there, then Sky will consider allocating a guarantee to it.

I assume the market (majority) at the moment on Sky is for short structured large field guaranteed tournaments, that allows speedy conclusions for both the TV shows and the target audience.

Am I right to say that basically the monthly Primo at £55 buy-in is the largest regular event?

Dave