You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

£100 or £200 Sunday night tourney

2»

Comments

• Sky_LingSky_Ling Member Posts: 317
    edited June 2009
    Hi Guys,

Thought we'd  give you an even greater arena to air your views... Norman and Ed will be featuring this thread live on the show tonight!

If you want to lend your support, get in touch!  Email us at skyopen@bskyb.com

• Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited June 2009
    Ling,

That's cool to incorporate debate from the forum into the live shows :)

What are Norman and Ed's views on this topic?

Dave
  • GliterBabeGliterBabe Member Posts: 361
    edited June 2009
    Oh damm I missed it...I would just like to see a weekly £50 / £100 buy in tourney no G'tee to see how it goes.... and maybe a monthly £200 tourney....not too much to ask...

GB
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: £100 or £200 Sunday night tourney:
    In Response to Re: £100 or £200 Sunday night tourney : Personally speaking to get better numbers a 7pm or 8pm start would be great...Maybe do a Semi final ( turbo style ) starting @ 5pm or 6pm to satellite in, £11 buy in, 1 in 10 getting a £110 seat. A tourney of this style wouldn't fit their programme, but they could air a little action during Sunday showdown...Come on Sky give it a go!!!!!! GB
    Posted by GliterBabe
    good idea ,but 15min blinds id rather see at least 20 min even better 30..start at 7 it would be 6 hours of PROPER poker ..
  • NODEALNODEAL Member Posts: 608
    edited June 2009
    A monthly 55 pound tourny........sats to final all month long....plus rebuys in final for anyone who want it for 4 hrs.....slow blind structure 20 mnts.........sky doesnt need to cover this competition live so it doesnt matter how long it takes to finnish......  but they could show recorded highlights.....this would create a massive prize pool.....at least they can gauge the response and future comps can be covered live and even possabley go into next day.....last thing......only top ten places paid......there are a lot of people not interested in winning thier money back and would rather be playing on the bases that we are after all gambling
  • NODEALNODEAL Member Posts: 608
    edited June 2009

oh and no gtee's

• BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited June 2009
    I'm not convinced there's the demand for this. Look at the Primo - it has countless satellites, super-satellites and heaps of publicity, yet it only just scraped over the line for the GTD amount. The primo started off as 30K guaranteed, then slipped to 25K and is now 15K. Sky probably took a hit in the shorts at some point as the numbers were simply not there.

The majority of players on here are recreational and are willing to have a shot with their ten or twenty quid. I'm not sure there are enough to get a £100 or £200 going. How often do you even see a £100 SnG running?
  • GliterBabeGliterBabe Member Posts: 361
    edited June 2009
    I'm not convinced there's the demand for this. Look at the Primo - it has countless satellites, super-satellites and heaps of publicity, yet it only just scraped over the line for the GTD amount. The primo started off as 30K guaranteed, then slipped to 25K and is now 15K. Sky probably took a hit in the shorts at some point as the numbers were simply not there. The majority of players on here are recreational and are willing to have a shot with their ten or twenty quid. I'm not sure there are enough to get a £100 or £200 going. How often do you even see a £100 SnG running?
    Posted by BigBluster
    I'm pretty sure the reason for the ever decreasing numbers for "Primo", may have something to do with the structure. Well ok, a crapshoot in leymans terms!!!!

Lets not over complicate this with rebuys/ £3 addons. Just a simple £50-£100 freezeout, 5k starting stack and 15 minute clock run weekly (Sun). No G'tee just run it with some promoting through the club and live shows!!!!

We don't know until we try is my guess....
  • IGOTABIGPRIGOTABIGPR Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: £100 or £200 Sunday night tourney : Well guaranbtee or not, you will play them, & so will I. So the Guarantees are not THAT important! I don't have a problem with Guarantees as such, & I don't speak for Sky Poker. I'm just making the point - badly perhaps - that if they do not have to offer a Guarantee, then there is NOTHING to stop them running the Tourney. And I would really - really really - like to see them step up the Buy-Ins for a few Tourneys, as I know a lot of us are gagging for bigger Tourneys. So, first things first. Let's try & persuade them to run the Tourneys, see what reaction they get - how many runners etc - then take it from there.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Surely though there are already so many big turneys on other sites with massive gaurantees for small buyins that there would not be the demand on sky.  I played the fiveo when that was a 110 buyin but I think you would struggle to get more than 50 or so in a turney with this level of buy in on sky.  I remember when they started the deep stack turneys with a gaurantee of 2k.  At first everyone was playing but after a week or so the demand fell off and slowly the gaurantee fell and fell.

I would like a rebuy turney with long blind structure.  Pot can build very quickly even with only a 3pound rebuy.  You will get a lot of people playing in these turneys and the number of bad beat stories will soar through the roof! lol