You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

unreal bad play rewarded with extreme luck?

prehabprehab Member Posts: 39
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
1896119152009-09-08 17:19:589910.00
  • A
  • A
  • J
  • bigeem won 8870.00 with a Full House, 6s and 9s
I would really like people's opinion's on this above you can see the overview of the hand in question. It was a £2.20 deepstack mtt. blinds still at 2 level. I get aa on small blind raise 3 times the bb tp 120. I then get re - raised 360 by  I raise again 3 times approx he raises again. I then go all in and he calls!

He shows 9d 6d 

I show  Ah Ad

Me and another player Bulyfish could not believe it first he went all the way with the re - raises an the flop that come which you can see he flop a house!!!

We were wondering is this some pathetic player combined with unreal fortune. Or as he went all the way pre flop because he has software available and he knew he would flop the house!!!

I would really like peoples opinion on this. I just carnt get my head round it.

As you can see the outcome above!!! 

Comments

• scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    Yeah google Sky flop prediction software.  You;ll find loads available.

I bought mine for 25£ and have since won £19,000.
  • prehabprehab Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2009

you are having a laugh aint you

edited September 2009

only sensible replies please

• Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited September 2009
    Where did you get yours from Scotty I picked mine up from the site:

www.itsjustpureluck.com... really good value. They have a shop too, it's located up Variance Lane ;)

Davey boy
  • KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited September 2009
    Sensible reply. He played it bad, got lucky, get over it.

• bullyfishbullyfish Member Posts: 215
    edited September 2009
    yep  ill back prehab up....i lost count of raises and re raises this hand had pre flop....obv someone had AA but to see other hand as a 9 6 was unbel......espec when flop of 966 hit.....there was another hand he played where he flopped nut straight too.....all on table smelt a big rat......as for u scotty admitting to cheating...unbel......sky mods we need answers and quickly PLEASE
  • Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited September 2009
    Be happy that there are players out there prepared to take on 6/1 shots on an all in!
    If he had software do you think he would be playing a £2 MTT. I dont think so some how!
  • SwansFCSwansFC Member Posts: 308
    edited September 2009

Don't you hate having your Aces cracked, I don't think he bought software mate, just darn lucky

• jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2009

HE PAID HIS £2... NOT EVEN PRICE OF A BEER AND PROB THOUGHT WHAT IF... UL BUT MOVE ON ;-)

edited September 2009
    at last ive found software for sale but they want £19k for it....no chance scotty i aint buying urs
    edited September 2009
    look at it other way...if you did have software u aint gonna play big as u in the spotlight.surely play small stakes and everyone say u got lucky.....just a thought
    edited September 2009
    Not that i carnt get over it - Its just the amount of raises before a card was shown and then for that guy to flop a house!  just feel this combined is simply unreal. Not the moneyor the fact that i am out of the tournament just find it extremely worrying. And as Bullyfish already said there are more examples of floping the nuts with poor starting cards.

If it is luck and bad play combined well suppose it anit my day then but i wil certianly keep  my eye out for this fella and will not be playing on a single table he is on!
  • dodgydazdodgydaz Member Posts: 123
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Cheat/unreal bad play rewarded with extreme luck?:
    look at it other way...if you did have software u aint gonna play big as u in the spotlight.surely play small stakes and everyone say u got lucky.....just a thought
    Posted by bullyfish
    I agree Bully. But I think that Elvis is still alive, loch ness monster is real, that im a good poker player, lord lucan works at my newsagents and that scotland have a good chance of qualifying for world cup. So I may not be best person to listen to.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009
    Be happy that there are players out there prepared to take on 6/1 shots on an all in! If he had software do you think he would be playing a £2 MTT. I dont think so some how!
    Posted by Huck_Nall
    End of thread!

Seriously, that hand is the very essence, the very beauty, the very ugliness, of no-limit poker.

I see the equivelant every single day. Online, and Live.

Poker is a fine, fine game, once you get your head round how it works.

9-6 man may have done that 5 or 6 times previously, & lost every time. Thus, no Forum Thread. Now, the Maths have delivered the inevitable result.

My favourite part of poker is the psychology - watching to see how players react to, & handle these sort of beats.

When you learn to shrug your shoulders & & move on, knowing you got your money in good, you'll enjoy poker much more. Trust me, you will. Poker is just like life. We collect the odd bumps & bruises long the way, & it's how we handle them that shows our character.

Why not join us in tonight's £5 Forum Deepstack tonight, at 7pm?

It's a very slow structire, so we all sit & chat & chill in the Chat-Box, & suddenly, the beats dont hurt any more, because irrespective of result, we enjoy ourselves.

And that's why we play poker - to enjoy ourselves. At our level, there is no other reason.

Take care man, & enjoy your poker.
    edited September 2009
    Not that i carnt get over it - Its just the amount of raises before a card was shown and then for that guy to flop a house!  just feel this combined is simply unreal. Not the moneyor the fact that i am out of the tournament just find it extremely worrying. And as Bullyfish already said there are more examples of floping the nuts with poor starting cards. If it is luck and bad play combined well suppose it anit my day then but i wil certianly keep  my eye out for this fella and will not be playing on a single table he is on!
    Posted by prehab
    No no no no no no. No. NO NO.

Do the OPPOSITE!

Seek him out, EVERY TIME.

He is your dream opponent!
  • jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2009

prehab if u cant get over it... take up scrabble or sumthing!! there have been far worse plays involving alot more in poker... so put it to rest... by the way the heading cheat that u used is a tad harsh....do the decent thing take it on the chin and move on...

• scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    HE PAID HIS £2... NOT EVEN PRICE OF A BEER AND PROB THOUGHT WHAT IF... UL BUT MOVE ON ;-)
    Posted by jimbo31
    That wasn't your opinion when i beat your 69 with my call with J3 lol, or have you research that my call was correct now :)

Oh and sick flops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZL77rfUXcM
    edited September 2009
    we were there prehab but it just dont matter m8....all the best....didnt expect any diff. response to whats been posted, cheers
  • DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited September 2009
    Yeah what TK said. Sometimes at £2 after a few beers I will pull off stupid moves like that and get rewarded. Just because I feel lucky. Or because the wife is yelling at me. Or because I can't be bothered to play anymore and fancy a gamble. Or I decide I am going all in with any two cards just to see how far I will get.

Or, quite simply...because I don't believe my opponent has anything at all, and it is now a huge pot that 1-6 odds I will win no matter what cards he has.

Sometimes I am right. Mostly I am wrong and get squished flat and looking like a monkey. I am probably wrong 5 times out of 6.

Funny that.

Welcome to poker, just gotta let it slide. And I know how hard it is to do that, but I do try and grin about it these days. It is cheaper in the long run anyway than replacing mice and keyboards after they go flying around the room.
    edited September 2009

As someone above has just pointed out, I do not think you should include the word "cheat", & then go on to name the player.

That is very wrong.

He clearly did not, & could not possibly have, cheated, so your Post amounts to Flaming.

I hope you will Edit the Title, & remove the guys Alias from the Post.