You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

unreal bad play rewarded with extreme luck?

2»

Comments

• prehabprehab Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Cheat/unreal bad play rewarded with extreme luck?:
    In Response to Re: Cheat/unreal bad play rewarded with extreme luck? : End of thread! Seriously, that hand is the very essence, the very beauty, the very ugliness, of no-limit poker. I see the equivelant every single day. Online, and Live. Poker is a fine, fine game, once you get your head round how it works. 9-6 man may have done that 5 or 6 times previously, & lost every time. Thus, no Forum Thread. Now, the Maths have delivered the inevitable result. My favourite part of poker is the psychology - watching to see how players react to, & handle these sort of beats. When you learn to shrug your shoulders & & move on, knowing you got your money in good, you'll enjoy poker much more. Trust me, you will. Poker is just like life. We collect the odd bumps & bruises long the way, & it's how we handle them that shows our character. Why not join us in tonight's £5 Forum Deepstack tonight, at 7pm? It's a very slow structire, so we all sit & chat & chill in the Chat-Box, & suddenly, the beats dont hurt any more, because irrespective of result, we enjoy ourselves. And that's why we play poker - to enjoy ourselves. At our level, there is no other reason. Take care man, & enjoy your poker.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanx TK - I mean i play poker allot live and i do know the beats and sometimes the simply unbelievabe ones that you can recieve. Just the way this happened i mean i am over it. It was a small entry fee. And its all part if the game. However the point of the thread was simply to see what people thought. I think i mite join you in the deepstack later btw.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009

By the way, 9-6 man might THINK you have AK - it would all "fit" the betting.

And if so, he's not be much worse than 40/60. A famous circuit Pro LOOKS for 40/60 shots. Or used to. He's skint now.
    edited September 2009
    title of thread has been modified.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited September 2009

A suggested better Thread Title -

A House beats a Prefab

EDIT - Just realised your alias is PREHAB, not PREFAB.

Any idea if there is a Specsavers locally?
  • DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited September 2009
    yawn,yawn,yawn.......same old thread same old rubbish,there is no software hat can predict the result of a rng or flops on sky.aa got beat by worst preflop hand big deal,it happens thousands of times every day over hundreds of sites(and live).
    i played in live tourny on sunday and raised 4 times the blind 120k in total with 73 off big blind called with ak flop was 77k 3 on river i took all his chips,just the luck of the flop....

ps i had at least 8 bad beats jj,qq,ak etc al beaten by lesser hands,but still won the tourny!
    edited September 2009
    i hope you start calling raises with 9 6 at 7pm TK. lol
  • loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited September 2009
    but he did have a pre flop flush draw with diamonds lol
    edited September 2009
    Suppose it could of come 7d 8d 10d just to rub it in abit more
  • bullyfishbullyfish Member Posts: 215
    edited September 2009
    ahhh daveyzz ur usual response to all area 51 threads yet u always here reading and posting....quite amusing really
  • RickyVillaRickyVilla Member Posts: 258
    edited September 2009
    For the love of all things holy the guy pays his money and can do whatever he wishes.

Try playing 15k hands of lolmaha a week then you'll see some ropey play!
  • diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Cheat/unreal bad play rewarded with extreme luck?:
    Be happy that there are players out there prepared to take on 6/1 shots on an all in! If he had software do you think he would be playing a £2 MTT. I dont think so some how!
    Posted by Huck_Nall
    lol
  • dodgydazdodgydaz Member Posts: 123
    edited September 2009
    Suggest you have a look at this, proof its rigged!!

http://www.billrini.com/2004/11/30/proof-that-online-poker-is-rigged/

now dont say i didnt warn you!!
  • bigflop1bigflop1 Member Posts: 1,034
    edited September 2009
    only thing i can think of is maybe he tried the re raise bluff and when you came back over the top he felt commited and had to call... still strange tho..