You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Network errors and cards being dealt face down

wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,552
edited February 2011 in Community Help & Advice
Hi ,
This is the second time in the last week, that i have had problems with sky, keep getting network errors and then, when I do get back, my cards are dealt face down so I am unable to take part in the game.
This has been reported to customer care, the first time in an e-mail, they said they could not find the fault, it was my end.
Tonight I treied to get customer care involved in a live chat while this was going on, they said they could not foi find anything wrong, all the cards were being dealt correctly, every time my cards were dealt face down I made a comment in the chat box.
They gave me advice about updating my flash player etc.
Thisis a joke.
Has any body else experienced these problems?

Comments

• TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited January 2011
    Nope...sorry,

What browser are you using...sometimes I have to change from firefox to safari to prevent lagging...

xx

• iBLUFFiBLUFF Member Posts: 1,244
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Network errors and cards being dealt face down:
    Nope...sorry, What browser are you using...sometimes I have to change from firefox to safari to prevent lagging... xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    on the subject of web browsers , trip5 what one would u recomend ,firefox?
  • YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited January 2011
    i had trouble with download tonight, could have cost me a tourney i dont know lucky i came 2nd

playing on browser at mo but defo download problems tonight
  • BananaDogBananaDog Member Posts: 1,390
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Network errors and cards being dealt face down:
    Hi , This is the second time in the last week, that i have had problems with sky, keep getting network errors and then, when I do get back, my cards are dealt face down so I am unable to take part in the game. This has been reported to customer care, the first time in an e-mail, they said they could not find the fault, it was my end. Tonight I treied to get customer care involved in a live chat while this was going on, they said they could not foi find anything wrong, all the cards were being dealt correctly, every time my cards were dealt face down I made a comment in the chat box. They gave me advice about updating my flash player etc. Thisis a joke. Has any body else experienced these problems?
    Posted by wynne1938
    yeah me & hubby have had this at times too...hubbys using IE and I'm using Firefox, It is sky software not us as far as I'm concered.
    The fun bit is when you are dealt NO cards but you have to decide whether to raise, call or fold! hahahaha
    oh the joys of technology! lol
    Just try mini viewing the table and opening it up large (or other way around), also rotate seat sometimes clears it...other than that just close window and wait for it to open again and keep your fingers and toes crossed!
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Network errors and cards being dealt face down : on the subject of web browsers , trip5 what one would u recomend ,firefox?
    Posted by iBLUFF
     Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome are my favourites.
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited January 2011
    Ye, i get these network errors and then the table corrupts. cards are face down, or "folded" yet the hand is still live!

I will have to keep a note of how often this happens which tables/tourneys and then e-mail it to sky for them to investigate.

Could be my wifi connection, i dunno, but its happening a bit too often!
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Network errors and cards being dealt face down : on the subject of web browsers , trip5 what one would u recomend ,firefox?
    Posted by iBLUFF

Safari is very low on processor usage, Vista  Mcafee are orf for Sky Poker....I usually use firefox until Firefox lags...creature of habit I suppose...I live in the sticks and my dl speed is 0.5mbsec so I need to take my wins where  I can get them lol!!

xx

• PenFifteenPenFifteen Member Posts: 429
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Network errors and cards being dealt face down : Safari is very low on processor usage, Vista  Mcafee are orf for Sky Poker....I usually use firefox until Firefox lags...creature of habit I suppose...I live in the sticks and my dl speed is 0.5mbsec so I need to take my wins where  I can get them lol!! xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Speednet says that you are on 1.2 mbbpm ( mega bad beats per month )

Surely you have a right to complain?
  • BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2011
    had them in the past.
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Network errors and cards being dealt face down : Speednet says that you are on 1.2 mbbpm ( mega bad beats per month ) Surely you have a right to complain?
    Posted by PenFifteen
    teransmit

WOW! thay must have upgraded the transmitter...

Nice one!!!

And for this I pay 17.99 per month...

...this is not a bad beat thread!!!

xx

• pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited January 2011
    cant be our end because last night i had 2 tables open and it happened on 1 table and not the other!!!
  • debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited January 2011
    cant be our end because last night i had 2 tables open and it happened on 1 table and not the other!!!
    Posted by pod1
    EXACTLY THIS,i get these same probs as the players have mentioned above.Also yesterday i had 2 tables open and 1 of them closed saying that 'sky poker is NOT available at this time please try again later' and yet the other table was running just fine.

Cmon now i reckon the problem is most defo at skys end.

PS i was playing on the download
  • kennybadkennybad Member Posts: 777
    edited January 2011
    have had network errors b4 but not lately,but keep getting tourny lobby pop up when dont have it open
  • Sky_Mod4Sky_Mod4 Member Posts: 176
    edited January 2011
    Hi all

If you are having problems with "Network Error", or any other error messages, can you please report them to customer care.  They may not be able to sort the problem out there and then but the more of these calls they log then the better chance that the Tech team can work out a solution to those problems.  Dont forget that they will need basic details your computer and what games you were playing/time of the error,

SkyMod4
  • DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Network errors and cards being dealt face down:
    Hi , This is the second time in the last week, that i have had problems with sky, keep getting network errors and then, when I do get back, my cards are dealt face down so I am unable to take part in the game. This has been reported to customer care, the first time in an e-mail, they said they could not find the fault, it was my end. Tonight I treied to get customer care involved in a live chat while this was going on, they said they could not foi find anything wrong, all the cards were being dealt correctly, every time my cards were dealt face down I made a comment in the chat box. They gave me advice about updating my flash player etc. Thisis a joke. Has any body else experienced these problems?
    Posted by wynne1938
    i get a sign saying network error quite a bit but i just cancel it and it makes no difference to my game.

i have had my cards dealt down a couple of times but i just logged out then in again and it was ok.

gl,dave
  • yidette9yidette9 Member Posts: 703
    edited January 2011
    same here debs had it loads of times sky gave me 1 refund and said they wont do any more refunds!!!!!!!!!!   Most of time when cards are face down hotoeter tells u rubbish or on fire, network errors, avatars missing, previous flop on board, realy wierd making play very difficult. usually have to restart comp to sort it. this happens with firefox  ie   and on download.   laptop and pc.  sort it sky admit that so many customers making same complaint means it MUST be your end
  • LOL_RAISELOL_RAISE Member Posts: 2,188
    edited January 2011
    whenever this happens to me while im playing on miniview if i put the table into standard view then back to miniview i can see my holecards again
  • BIGSHANNBIGSHANN Member Posts: 433
    edited January 2011
    Hi all If you are having problems with "Network Error", or any other error messages, can you please report them to customer care.  They may not be able to sort the problem out there and then but the more of these calls they log then the better chance that the Tech team can work out a solution to those problems.  Dont forget that they will need basic details your computer and what games you were playing/time of the error, SkyMod4
    Posted by Sky_Mod4

I have just done this - waited for 15 mins and then got told they could not even look in to my enquiry because I am in the priority club?

Thanks for wasting 2 hours of time tonight!!!
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited February 2011
    Hi Guys,

I just want to quickly re-iterate Sky Mod4's post. These issues are being investigated as we speak but we really need the as much info as we can get from all customers who are experiencing these problems. Gathering as many examples as possible will enable us to identify the problems/causes and hopefully swiftly find a solution.

on a separate note - please accept our apologies if you've had a less than satisfactory response from our customer care team. we strive to provide high levels help and service and i'll make sure instances such as these (where we might not have quite met our usual standards) are reviewed so we can improve and offer you all a better experience.

Kind regards,

Rich
  • BIGSHANNBIGSHANN Member Posts: 433
    edited February 2011
    Hi Guys, I just want to quickly re-iterate Sky Mod4's post. These issues are being investigated as we speak but we really need the as much info as we can get from all customers who are experiencing these problems. Gathering as many examples as possible will enable us to identify the problems/causes and hopefully swiftly find a solution. on a separate note - please accept our apologies if you've had a less than satisfactory response from our customer care team. we strive to provide high levels help and service and i'll make sure instances such as these (where we might not have quite met our usual standards) are reviewed so we can improve and offer you all a better experience. Kind regards, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich

Hi Sky_Rich,

Thanks for your reply.  I got disconnected twice yesterday - 18:00-18:30pm and 01:25- 01:55 .  Everything else on my comp was fine my internet was running fine and accessing all sites with no lag at all, apart from sky which i could not even find!  Then all of a sudden after approx half an hour i can get str8 in with no probs what so ever?
    I was playing 7 tbls the first time and 11 the second and both times I was ahead in turnys after getting to heads up only to be blinded out by the time I got back.  So not only have I lost my buyin, I have also lost the league points I would of got and any prize money I was due to get.

I tried to speak to online chat after the first session.  After waiting for 15-20 mins I was told they could not help me cos I was in priority club.  My house phone is on the blink so did not bother.  
    The second time I decided I would phone using my mobile, even though it was going to cost me more money, but i was so frustrated it was worth it.  Only to be greeted by a message stating that the priority help line is only open 9am til midnight!  So where can I get help in between midnight and 9am??

I have highlighted these isssues several times in the past over the last couple of years. I was even part of the testers when mini view was starting up and provided lots of feed back then.  The same problems continually crop up though and never seem to get sorted and no explaination is forthcoming either.  I thought with the downloadable client all these problems would be eradicated but no such luck!

I have no problems with any of the several clients I run with other poker sites.

Hopefully will see this and it will be set a priority over any other issues that are going on at the mo.  I know I am not alone and think I speak for the majority when I say that I like playing Sky poker but I am really getting to the end of my teahther with the software issues.

End of Rant