You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Worth a big blind?

Comments

• Options
    moonooomoonooo Member Posts: 554
    edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind?:
    Well had to pik my own, got my pen, closed my eyes, and stabbed! Came up with these 4..   Lucky 15     3:30 Haydock - Early Price Value Fortification @ 7/1 2:20 Haydock - Win Only Diamond Harry @ 10/11 3:10 Ascot - Early Price Value Qozak @ 11/4 2:05 Ascot Easter Legend @ 11/2 DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Nice choice dohhhh did you see diamond harry crusinggggggggggg to victory, this is my treble for the day..

2.20 haydock diamond harry

2.55 haydock punabi

3.10 ascot qozak

I also fancy this double

3.45 ascot will be done 4/1

4.20 ascot lush life evens

gl with your bets

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Diamond harry did the buisness but the other 2 were absolute donkeys..i see your post on the master cash thread dohh haha good 2 know i wasnt the only 1 thinking that women was sharon from eastenders lol
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited February 2011
    well doh diamond harry been cut from 12/1 to 6/1 for cheltenham hope you backed it before todays win
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2011

Guys I left this bump too late last week, I asked for your selections at 1pm giving u a whole hour to get back to be before the racing came on TV at 2pm!

Result - Picked my own own, 4 horses, set off between 2pm and 4pm last Saturday and they haven't finished yet!

Anyway, any weekend tips?? - long shots preferably, (wether that be singles or multi bets)

Any sporting event, preferably televised, but if u have a hot tip anywhere in the sporting world, Im prepared again to put my money where your mouth is!

Thanx chaps and chap-esses!

DOHH
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Heres my best bet for 2mora

4.00 Doncaster  Alegralil  this horse has had 4 starts an won them all easyyy..dont know what kind of price it will be though maybe around the 4/1 mark im hopeing

I also fancy this treble 1.45 Doncaster Mad Max
                                          2.30 Uttoxeter Calzaghe
                                          3.10 Cheltenham General Miller

If u want a poker based runner Pocket Aces 33/1 runs in the skybet chase it looks a real donkey tho lol

gl with ur bets

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Heres my best bet for 2mora 4.00 Doncaster  Alegralil   this horse has had 4 starts an won them all easyyy..dont know what kind of price it will be though maybe around the 4/1 mark im hopeing I also fancy this treble 1.45 Doncaster Mad Max                                       2.30 Uttoxeter Calzaghe                                       3.10 Cheltenham General Miller If u want a poker based runner Pocket Aces 33/1  runs in the skybet chase it looks a real donkey tho lol gl with ur bets
    Posted by moonooo
    Hope your best bet comes in, im not so keen on it yes 4 wins out of 4 is impressive but those were class 6 class 5 and two class 4 races.  Tomorrow is a class 1 and the likly favourite has had lots of experience in class 1 races and ran at cheltenham fextival last year
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yea thats a fair point but i still think this horse will improve past them all.. Do u have any best bets for 2moro or any ante post fancys for the festival..thanks
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well your pick is currently 3/1 fav, Even tho i dont fancy it ive had a few quid on it as id hate to see a tip win when ive not backed it.

Only other bet on horses ive had today is @ cheltenham 2.05 Akilak, backed him @ 8/1 which you can still get, some bookies are as short as 11/2.
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I watched the morning line....Are Donny and Cheltenham both on? before I stick a bet on?

- Cheerz for the horses guys, i'll be backing em all!

DOHH
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Ere we go again guys! - I had a shocker yesterday in Dubai! - Channel 4 racing tips, and live sporting event tips in genral. - Price doesn't matter, as big as ya like, just gimmie some winners!! :)

DOHH
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I forgot to post my bets on this thread last week had a real shocker last weekend anyway...theres some quality horses running today, and they all should win..they are Denman..Diamond Harry..Long Run..& Masterminded..these will all be no price at all tho so they will just be a good watch for me..

My bet of the day is 3.05 Newbury- Get Me Out Of Here 8/1...this horse beat the favourite for the race on its debut with easeeeee..so i have no idea why its a bigger price...skybet are also paying 5 places in this race so it looks a real e/w banker...gl with your bets 2mora..
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Cheerz matey, I o betting expert, but if all those horses are odds on, the 4 u mentioned first, is there any value putting em in a L15? I'll type it into a bet calculator tomorrow and see, but would they all need to win for a profit? O wud 3 still give a profit?

Love Diamond Harry! And will deffo be on that one at 8/1. Cheerz m8, keep em coming

DOHH
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I just worked out what a lucky15 would pay on them 4horses its around £38..there odds are Diamond Harry 4/5...Long Run 1/2..Denman 1/7 lol shocking...& Master Minded 4/7...Im not to sure but i would say if 3 won u wud still be in very small profit...Yea im a big diamond harry fan aswell, im tempted to back him at 4/5 hes looked a real machineee on his last 2 starts over fences..
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Moonoo u are my hero! 

He ran straight through that last hurdle though! 

If only Ricky Lambert had scored first goal instead of 2nd! grrr
  • Options
    Quagmire72Quagmire72 Member Posts: 789
    edited February 2011
    Brilliant tip on get me out of here moonoo, thanks very much mate.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yea no worries, its been a goooooooood day on this horses with get me out here & diamond harry both doing the buisness..i thort he was cooked when he ran through that last hurdle aswell lol but the mccoy drive got him home..cant believe denman lost at odds of 1/7 that was a real shocker..
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm sticking a few squid on the WGC golf today. Betting on golf is tough like all other sports because if someone hits a hot streak on the day they can make the favourites look like long shots. I'm just gonna pick a couple out and hope i get lucky. My 1st selection is:

Charl Schwartzel - Schwartzel is currently the best golfer in europe this term, he's won 2 out of his last 4 events and currently leads the European Tour's Race to Dubai. Still too early to judge how much of an impact he's gonna have on the game but while he's on a hot streak i'm gonna stick a quid on him at 66/1.

I'll post some more before the 6pm tee-off time.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Martin Kaymer - He has finished within the top-10 at five out of his last nine events and his putting ability is class, finishing 2nd in putts per round last year on the European Tour. Well worth a big blind at 18/1.

Ross Fisher - In 2009, Fisher won the European Open, finished fourth at the WGC-Accenture Match Play, second at the BMW PGA Championship, fifth at the US Open, tied for 13th at the Open Championship, tied for 19th at the US PGA Championship and won the Volvo World Match Play Championship.  Has the ability to match the top players in the world and is brilliant at match play. 28/1

Chris Wood - Now this is a real longshot but he's the reigning European tour rookie of the year and has a lot of raw talent. If old grandpa Tom Watson can do so well in a major(wish i'd have stuck a few quid on him e/w at the Open championship last year) then what's to say this kid won't hit form in the WGC and compete. I've stuck a quid on this at 175/1.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nooooo how could I miss these bets???? Dont golf tournys normally start on a Thursday? Im getting the sky sports score centre up as I type....I hope theyre all still in so I can get on em!

Ahh Swartzel I think is the only one left, no wonder Wood was 175/1 playing Westwood in the first round....Love this format. Gonna go stick a few quid on the South African.

Cheerz, DOHH
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nooooo how could I miss these bets???? Dont golf tournys normally start on a Thursday? Im getting the sky sports score centre up as I type....I hope theyre all still in so I can get on em! Ahh Swartzel I think is the only one left, no wonder Wood was 175/1 playing Westwood in the first round....Love this format. Gonna go stick a few quid on the South African. Cheerz, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Good grief, bet your glad you didn't see my post yesterday, what a let down Ross Fisher was. Come on Schwartzel, bring home the bacon.