You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

SATURDAY NIGHT OPEN - 12/09/09

Sky_AndySky_Andy Member Posts: 91
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Winter is coming but tonight is hot hot hot! Richard Orford and Tikay are in the studio for the Saturday Night Open at 9pm, Channel 865 and Live Webstream.

Get your comments and strategy questions in for the guys to answer on this thread or email to skyopen@bskyb.com or text us on 84846.

Tonight's prize is 'Winning at Internet Poker for Dummies'. To apply for the prize just put PRIZE at the top of your message and all these entries will be put into a hat at the end of the show.

Stay lucky,

Andy

Comments

• DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009

hi Andy was looking for this thread earlier couldn't find it so have sent an e-mail  FAO Rich & Tikay

sent u a PM did u get it ok m8

dtw  aka  michael
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited September 2009
    PRIZE

Hi,

Well done tikay for your ft yesterday in the PRIMO!

My strategy question is regarding showing cards.... When, if ever, is it a good time to show your cards when you are not obliged to. I, unfortunately, have developed into a habit of showing cards and feel that possibly this could be affecting my profitability, is it? and should i stop?

My reason for showing is to confuse... but does it confuse, or merely give the better players a read on my play.

thanks guys

Greg
  • SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,737
    edited September 2009
    PRIZE

Greg - Ask yourself this - When you are playing, do you think it helps or hinders when your oppo shows their cards?

edited September 2009
    In Response to SATURDAY NIGHT OPEN - 12/09/09:
    Winter is coming but tonight is hot hot hot! Richard Orford and Tikay are in the studio for the Saturday Night Open at 9pm, Channel 865 and Live Webstream. Get your comments and strategy questions in for the guys to answer on this thread or email to skyopen@bskyb.com  or text us on 84846. Tonight's prize is 'Winning at Internet Poker for Dummies' . To apply for the prize just put PRIZE at the top of your message and all these entries will be put into a hat at the end of the show. Stay lucky, Andy
    Posted by Sky_Andy

hi andy have replied your e- mail added attachment in true true size in jpeg but you will need to add Rich

am in OPEN at 9pm so if you need it posted here i have this thread linked to my e-mail will keep an eye out til 2mins to 9pm

cheers m8

dtw
    edited September 2009

oops forgot to click Q box

dtw
  • Sky_AndySky_Andy Member Posts: 91
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: SATURDAY NIGHT OPEN - 12/09/09:
    In Response to SATURDAY NIGHT OPEN - 12/09/09 :    hi andy have replied your e- mail added attachment in true true size in jpeg but you will need to add Rich    am in OPEN at 9pm so if you need it posted here i have this thread linked to my e-mail will keep an eye out til 2mins to 9pm    cheers m8    dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Hi Michael,

Post the picture on this thread. But we wont be able to show it on air as we do not have time to put it on the system.

Thanks

Andy
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited September 2009
    PRIZE Greg - Ask yourself this - When you are playing, do you think it helps or hinders when your oppo shows their cards?
    Posted by SoLack
    Der, it helps.. lol.

guess i better stop:)
  • mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited September 2009
    Hi Guys
    How should you determine the level of tournament you should be playing, given that you do have a good enough bankroll to play any level game?
    Secondly, at which point do you either go up or down a level.
    By which i mean you can see if you are beating a cash level but how do you monitor it for tournies

thanks
    col (NO PRIZE THANKS)
    edited September 2009

hi Andy could you please show this it just happened

Tikay could you please explain what i'm doing wrong m8 hand is 190558561 at 9-06pm i got my hat trick for today but for wrong resons twice earlier i was way ahead after turn & twice i got done on river by guys having nothing just as well i've had a good day on poker & footy but seriously tho what do i do m8 score now is 2 for proper poker & 3 for Rubbish

WHATIF Small blind   15.00 15.00 2775.00
    mogsy1957 Big blind   30.00 45.00 3165.00
      Your hole cards

Dan_Atkins Fold        
    densley Fold        
    Padster51 Fold        
    DTWBANDIT Call   30.00 75.00 2865.00
    WHATIF Fold        
    mogsy1957 Check        
    Flop

mogsy1957 Check        
    DTWBANDIT Bet   30.00 105.00 2835.00
    mogsy1957 Raise   90.00 195.00 3075.00
    DTWBANDIT Raise   360.00 555.00 2475.00
    mogsy1957 Call   300.00 855.00 2775.00
    Turn

mogsy1957 Check        
    DTWBANDIT Bet   660.00 1515.00 1815.00
    mogsy1957 Call   660.00 2175.00 2115.00
    River

mogsy1957 Check        
    DTWBANDIT Bet   1080.00 3255.00 735.00
    mogsy1957 All-in   2115.00 5370.00 0.00
    DTWBANDIT All-in   735.00 6105.00 0.00
    mogsy1957 Show

DTWBANDIT Muck

mogsy1957 Win Full House, 10s and 9s 6105.00   6105.00
        cheers dtw
  • Exeter_IanExeter_Ian Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2009
    PRIZE

Hi guys, great show, sadly my Open is over already. Two pocket pairs and two losses! A quick question. My "glorious" exit I had a pair of threes, hit my set and lost to a higher set, I know this is unlikely. but it seems to happen quite a lot recently! Is this just bad luck? Ie the times it statisticly could happen all coming at once, or can you get away from bottom set? The hand number was 190559402 and played at 9.07.

Thanks
    p.s. well done Tikay in the Primo last night!
  • diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited September 2009
    PRIZE

Up The Rams!!
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    Prize

Hi Rich, tikay

It was the Crazy World of Authur Brown who sang Fire.

Richard, you did a re-draw, do tell us more ROFL

Great show guys
  • karllukekarlluke Member Posts: 913
    edited September 2009

For the tikays cash games could they be called tikays Trials or tackle tikay great show tk tina

• karllukekarlluke Member Posts: 913
    edited September 2009
    please add prize to my last post
    edited September 2009
    Hi DTW and Ian, we'll be showing your hands in about 15-20 minutes.
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited September 2009
    PRIZE

Good Evening guys

First of all I'd like to say congratulations to both Tikay & Richard for their recent cashes.

And now onto my question which is that i've noticed recently that a lot of players who have been knocked out of a tournament are letting the clock run down rather than mucking or showing their losing hand straight away.  Do you consider this to be bad etiquette?

Many thanks and keep up the good work.

Steve (Kiwini4u)

edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: SATURDAY NIGHT OPEN - 12/09/09 : Hi Michael, Post the picture on this thread. But we wont be able to show it on air as we do not have time to put it on the system. Thanks Andy
    Posted by Sky_Andy

hi Andy photo thing can do for next week if you like have put a post here & e-mailed u re what happened to me at 9-06pm
     its not a moan m8 its learning proper poker & would very much like to ask

Tikay What do i do m8? & what am i doing wrong as i reraised as you will see in hand 190558561 comments are welcome from all proper poker players for my dilema

many thanks

michael
  • annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited September 2009
    please add prize to my last post
    Posted by karlluke
    PRIZE

You can click edit and add it to your post Karlluke
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: SATURDAY NIGHT OPEN - 12/09/09 : PRIZE You can click edit and add it to your post Karlluke
    Posted by annie_duke
    lol Annie, cant read this on the show. Give us something with heart
  • annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: SATURDAY NIGHT OPEN - 12/09/09 : lol Annie, cant read this on the show. Give us something with heart
    Posted by Sky_Andy
    PRIZE PRIZE PRIZE

hahaha ok :)

tell rich to stop wearing funeral clothes on such a lovely sunny day

he should take a leaf out of tikay's book, pink is in x