You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

£2K League Stars 7pm

daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
Anybody playing in this tonight? My first pop at it although I need to go out at 8.50pm :S With it being a big freeroll I imagine it will last longer than two hours so just going to play v.loose and aggressive and get a big enough stack to sit out and cash :O

Any experiences from this tournament? In THEORY it should be the toughest field on SkyPoker but with it being a freeroll who knows, any tales?

Comments

• scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    Well if it plays anything like the old weekly format, most people will take it seriously.

The final table is very top heavy, even for a FR, so can see it lasting a good 3/4 hours.
  • daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
    edited September 2009
    sigh..

:(
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    tbf that is a good strategy tho and if you do get a big enough stack you may, may cash.

i dunno if im gonna play too, as i wanna play live (up £1.7k live this week so its so +ev for me its untrue)....

but i wanna be the league star champion!!!!!!!!!

just play laggy and hope to get about a 30k stack.  that will be above average around bubble time so if you can hit there you will probably have enough to blind away and still make it.
  • daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: £2K League Stars 7pm:
    tbf that is a good strategy tho and if you do get a big enough stack you may, may cash. i dunno if im gonna play too, as i wanna play live (up £1.7k live this week so its so +ev for me its untrue).... but i wanna be the league star champion!!!!!!!!! just play laggy and hope to get about a 30k stack.  that will be above average around bubble time so if you can hit there you will probably have enough to blind away and still make it.
    Posted by scotty77
    Lasted ten minutes. KK cracked by JJ, same as always when I play a "big" tournament...have never had the rub of the green in a big one.

Life goes on..
  • lucky77777lucky77777 Member Posts: 1,444
    edited September 2009
    hi peeps when i got my table up i noticed there was 4 players  on away solidstan kept min raising i then use my thinking time and kept folding with the poor cards i was getting then instead of writing in the chat game we was in he went out of his way and loaded up another table i was on and said he was going to report me and i know ive done nothing wrong.i do not take lightly to slanderous comments made about me publicly and WILL be pursuing the matter further.here is the hand in question please leave a post on what you think please .here is the in question please leave a post on what you think 190750749
  • LONGPLAYLONGPLAY Member Posts: 232
    edited September 2009
    hi peeps when i got my table up i noticed there was 4 players  on away solidstan kept min raising i then use my thinking time and kept folding with the poor cards i was getting then instead of writing in the chat game we was in he went out of his way and loaded up another table i was on and said he was going to report me and i know ive done nothing wrong.here is the in question please leave a post on what you think.i do not take lightly to slanderous comments made about me publicly and WILL be pursuing the matter further.
    Posted by lucky77777
    if i was on a table with 4 "Away" players i would take even longer to fold my poor hands than even you did,the faster you respond the faster your blinds will be disappearing with it basically being "heads up" speed of play,and of course as soon as you get a hand you can play it as normal(as you did)
  • dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited September 2009
    hi peeps when i got my table up i noticed there was 4 players  on away solidstan kept min raising i then use my thinking time and kept folding with the poor cards i was getting then instead of writing in the chat game we was in he went out of his way and loaded up another table i was on and said he was going to report me and i know ive done nothing wrong.i do not take lightly to slanderous comments made about me publicly and WILL be pursuing the matter further.here is the hand in question please leave a post on what you think please .here is the in question please leave a post on what you think
    Posted by lucky77777
    Nothin wrong with you m8 you are a good player and a good guy
  • Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited September 2009
    hi peeps when i got my table up i noticed there was 4 players  on away solidstan kept min raising i then use my thinking time and kept folding with the poor cards i was getting then instead of writing in the chat game we was in he went out of his way and loaded up another table i was on and said he was going to report me and i know ive done nothing wrong.i do not take lightly to slanderous comments made about me publicly and WILL be pursuing the matter further.here is the hand in question please leave a post on what you think please .here is the in question please leave a post on what you think
    Posted by lucky77777
    Totally agree m8, did nothing wrong at all, the time is there 4 a reason, take as long as you want, its your choice. Always a pleasure 2 share a tb with u lucky. Be lucky at the tbs m8, Ozzie
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: £2K League Stars 7pm : VERY VERY BAD ETIQUETTE BY A Player Every player on my table was away, including LUCKY  who was actually there, but had no interest in the game, just pressing the IM BACK button and leaving the time run down, But then I draw KK and raise, then the flop gives my trip kings he goes all-in, and flukes a stright. A game I was looking forward to totally ruined by a clown player who had no interest in the game.
    Posted by SolidStan1
    Hi Stan

Unfortunately, due to the rules of the forum, we are not allowed to name players, would you please edit your post.

I am only bringing this to your attention before one of the Sky peeps do, they will probably ask you to edit your post, or even delet it.

Many Thanks
  • SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited September 2009
    My complaint is, lucky77777 delebritly running down the clock, with no interest in the game..
  • timeshare2timeshare2 Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2009

sounds like you got the hump cause u hit your set and he hit his straight unlucky , been on a table with the player in question and he allways been ok

edited September 2009
    Hi Stan

I appreciate that feel you have a problem with a player, i am sorry, but the forum is not the place to deal with it, and as I have said it is against the forum rules to name a player, should you wish to take this matter further, I am sure that Customer Care would be willing to help, and look into the matter.

Sorry again

Hope this helps
    edited September 2009
    listen here stan i always have interest in all my games im a player that does not go on away unless i have bad connection problems and i have the right to use my timer how i want i paid my entry fee like everyone else i had the better hand get over it just like ive gotten over losing with aa to 77
    edited September 2009
    Hi Stan I appreciate that feel you have a problem with a player, i am sorry, but the forum is not the place to deal with it, and as I have said it is against the forum rules to name a player, should you wish to take this matter further, I am sure that Customer Care would be willing to help, and look into the matter. Sorry again Hope this helps
    Posted by acebarry10
    hi barry i have done nothing wrong for him to contact customer care
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: £2K League Stars 7pm : hi barry i have done nothing wrong for him to contact customer care
    Posted by lucky77777
    Hi Lucky

I was just trying to make the point that the forum is not the way to deal with this, if Stan feels that there has been a problem, Customer Care needs to be contacted and sort it out.

Hope this helps
    edited September 2009
    well he can do what he wants cos ive done nothing wrong
  • SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited September 2009
    I have not said anything or asked anything about luckey77777 as a person or a player, I have simple stated that I was FAR less than impressed at his table Etiquette, especially has he has said his bit on this subject in the past.
  • dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited September 2009
    well he can do what he wants cos ive done nothing wrong
    Posted by lucky77777
    NICE ONE LUCKY ME AND DEBDOBS67 ARE WITH YOU PAL
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009
    hi peeps when i got my table up i noticed there was 4 players  on away solidstan kept min raising i then use my thinking time and kept folding with the poor cards i was getting then instead of writing in the chat game we was in he went out of his way and loaded up another table i was on and said he was going to report me and i know ive done nothing wrong.i do not take lightly to slanderous comments made about me publicly and WILL be pursuing the matter further.here is the hand in question please leave a post on what you think please .here is the in question please leave a post on what you think  190750749
    Posted by lucky77777

agree with u m8 can't see what u did wrong
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2009
    In Response to £2K League Stars 7pm:
    Anybody playing in this tonight? My first pop at it although I need to go out at 8.50pm :S With it being a big freeroll I imagine it will last longer than two hours so just going to play v.loose and aggressive and get a big enough stack to sit out and cash :O Any experiences from this tournament? In THEORY it should be the toughest field on SkyPoker but with it being a freeroll who knows, any tales?
    Posted by daveydavey
      hi davey didn't realise/forgot this thread was here as i posted this (below) in tonites show thread but this is where it belongs better late than never

This is from the 1st monthly league stars freeroll  out 1st   ( hall of fame for worst rubbish play me thinks)

What a weekend i've had twice i've been called when way ahead after turn twice rivered so when u see this hand i tried my luck at it & failed which confirmed to me proper poker is best went staight to 1250BH sat & got through to main event at 9-30pm playing proper poker so i've learnt a very good lesson this weekend

dtw  aka  michael

JingleMa Small blind   10.00 10.00 1970.00
    BandC Big blind   20.00 30.00 2240.00
      Your hole cards

DTWBANDIT Call   20.00 50.00 1820.00
    ajw1310 Call   20.00 70.00 2080.00
    MASSIE29 Fold        
    CHEEZY67 Raise   100.00 170.00 1680.00
    JingleMa Fold        
    BandC Fold        
    DTWBANDIT Call   80.00 250.00 1740.00
    ajw1310 Call   80.00 330.00 2000.00