You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Forum Glitch?

MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
edited March 2011 in Community Help & Advice

Is it just me or, after last night's outage, are the pages of the forum playing up??

You click on any subject, and it automatically takes you to the bottom of the page rather than the actual post you want to read. 

Comments

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited March 2011
    Seems ok to me, ie..

Click on 'subject' and I get the opening post
    Click on 'yellow star' and I get my latest unread

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Forum Glitch?:
    Seems ok to me, ie.. Click on 'subject' and I get the opening post Click on 'yellow star' and I get my latest unread
    Posted by NoseyBonk

Must be another issue with Chrome then as it isnt doing that on mine. I obv used to do the above (as I have been round the forum a while) but it just aint working this morning.

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited March 2011
    Righteo, not tried Chrome as I don't have it.. I'm on Firefox here at work but tried an older version of IE (6!) and that seems fine too
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited March 2011
    I am glad I read this, I thought it was my comp playing up.

But yeh I'm on chrome and have the same problem! Phew.

I also had to try 4 times to update the download, got there eventually, that prob was a problem with my comp tho 

:(

DYM's ending with 3 left  :)
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited March 2011
    Hi alan/All

Thanks for raising this, it's affecting all Sky Poker pages in Chrome from what I can see, even the lobby and homepage drop down to the bottom when you navigate their.

We'll look at this now

Kind Regards

Adam
  • hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited March 2011
    its happening to me and im using safari
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited March 2011
    Hi alan/All Thanks for raising this, it's affecting all Sky Poker pages in Chrome from what I can see, even the lobby and homepage drop down to the bottom when you navigate their. We'll look at this now Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
     Hi Adam--- you navigate "there". me ole matey--lol
  • sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited March 2011
    this happening to me aswell
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Forum Glitch? :  Hi Adam--- you navigate "there". me ole matey--lol
    Posted by oynutter
    Thanks nutter - in my defence i've been up since the crack of dawn for the site outage! :-)
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited March 2011

As long as Dawn is sorted then! :)
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited March 2011
    sounds like dawn is well sorted--lol

just found another gliche in the tourney lobby-- see Tikays thread on cardroom changes -- bounty hunter rebuys
  • Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Forum Glitch?:
    Is it just me or, after last night's outage, are the pages of the forum playing up?? You click on any subject, and it automatically takes you to the bottom of the page rather than the actual post you want to read. 
    Posted by MAXALLY

Hey Maxally,

Yes, it's been spotted - you using Google Chrome by any chance? I've reported it as a bug and hopefully we'll get it fixed up soon.

Cheers,
    Dave

EDIT: It also seems to dislike refreshing threads, hence my slightly slow reply! As you were, etc...
  • DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited March 2011
    Posted by hurst05
    +1 and still no different.del
  • hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited March 2011
    this is seriously doing my head in
  • DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited March 2011
    obv another 2hrs coming up site down for you no what,come on adam its not square pegs in round holes m8 its round in round and square in the triangle ones m8.del
  • silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited March 2011
    Any idea when this might be fixed yet Adam?

This is seriously doing my head in!
    edited March 2011

Hi Bob/All,

We've got the fix for this issue now, it's currently being tested on our test environment, depending on how that goes we will aim to release the fix to live tomorrow around lunch time.

It will be a seamless fix, i.e. no need to bring the site down, you won't notice we've released it.

I'll post an update tomorrow whether we release the fix or not.

Sorry all - i appreciate how annoying this must be, obviously the only interim solution is to switch web browsers

P.S. we fixed and released the solution to the issue with tables opening twice when logged in to both web and download at the same time this afternoon.

Kind Regards

Adam

edited March 2011
    Posted by hurst05
    Safari and Google share the same engine, so yes these are the 2 browsers affected

Firefox and IE won't have a problem

Apologies again for the inconvenience - i appreciate it must be very annoying

Regards

Adam
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited March 2011
    Hi Adam,

There appears to be another forum glitch that has appeared since the update.

When a forum thread goes onto multiple pages the page and First << nn />> Last buttons are having layout problems.  Screenshot attached.

Edit:  you can't quite see FF version info.  It's Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.15) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15 GTB7.1
    edited March 2011
    We released the fix for the annoying chrome/safari problem with pages dropping down to the bottom every time you mvoe to a new page.

It's working for me now, although it could take an hour or so to filter through everyone's cache

Please let us know if the problem persists.

Kind Regards

Adam