You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Up to date download client 100% crashing on closure

2»

Comments

• MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited April 2011
    There is a version of WebKit.dll authored by Apple and another version authored by Adobe.  Seeing as the Download client runs under Adobe Air I'd imagine that is the relevance to the poker game software client.
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited April 2011
    Oh yeah, I had forgotten Adobe too.

This explains AJW1976

The WebKit library is used to render HTML and execute JavaScript in Adobe® AIR
  • AJW1976AJW1976 Member Posts: 295
    edited April 2011

I know all about adobe and thier flash player and so forth! doesnt iesnare get incorporated into this software as well? ,

I had a running argument with these companys a little while aback over trojans being implanted into this software and it was very dangerous when attached to said poker companys.

Their were a lot of players finding out all about these little external programs and thier tools ,thank goodness they managed to patch up half the problems.

It is noted that adobe reader has some sort of malware attached to its files ,please visit site for details.They do say its part of a phishing scam of some kind other than that I have not much info.

• AJW1976AJW1976 Member Posts: 295
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Up to date download client 100% crashing on closure:
    There is a version of WebKit.dll authored by Apple and another version authored by Adobe.  Seeing as the Download client runs under Adobe Air I'd imagine that is the relevance to the poker game software client.
    Posted by Machka
    Machka I actually thought the sky poker client was run on adobe flash player and not adobe air ,.please can this differance be explained properly ?

I would not know about this other apple company other than ive seen it on my freinds computer ,I do not have it and have also adjusted my settings in the main control panel under www.adobe.com.

Many thanks btw for illustrating these points,I had several problems with flash players before in the past on the sites ,Some anti-virus software gives out what is known as false-positives on this make up adobe software on sites such as bet365.com.
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited April 2011
    Hi All,

We have a fix for this issue causing a 'Sky Poker is not working' error message when you close the application

It's due to go live tomorrow morning during our site maintenance window

Apologies and thanks for your patience whilst we worked to resolve this.

Best Wishes

Adam
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Up to date download client 100% crashing on closure : Machka I actually thought the sky poker client was run on adobe flash player and not adobe air ,.please can this differance be explained properly ? I would not know about this other apple company other than ive seen it on my freinds computer ,I do not have it and have also adjusted my settings in the main control panel under www.adobe.com . Many thanks btw for illustrating these points,I had several problems with flash players before in the past on the sites ,Some anti-virus software gives out what is known as false-positives on this make up adobe software on sites such as bet365.com.
    Posted by AJW1976
    I think I would have been more correct in saying the browser client just uses Adobe Flash whereas the download client uses an Adobe Air/Flash combination for performance reasons.
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited April 2011
    Morning All,

This is now fixed and released to live

Kind Regards

Adam
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited April 2011
    Nice one thanks.

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited April 2011
    Morning All, This is now fixed and released to live Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam

Area51 Post?
  • SUPERSNEDDSUPERSNEDD Member Posts: 910
    edited April 2011

Nice one Sky Adam, this has definitely fixed the bug.  When I close now, the program doesn't crash anymore.

Many thanks
    SuperSnedd