You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Racing April 20th

Comments

• Options
    daltydalty Member Posts: 137
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Racing April 20th:
     Reply |Sky Bet to me show details 18:59 (1 hour ago) Fill Out Our Customer Survey  Hi Wynne   Thanks for your email.   I can see your point however we do only pay out in the order that the horses past the post.   Hence as I have stated before your bet was settled as a losing bet. The full terms can be found in our help and support section here   http://help.skybet.com/article.aspx?article=1248&p=5     Kind Regards, This is the response I got, Wynne
    Posted by wynne1938
    wynne you need to persue this mate ive been a betting office manager for ten years and can tell you with one million percent certainty they have to pay out keep on at em until you get someone who knows what they are doing half these places nowadays employ kids who aint got a clue keep on at em and threaten to take your bet to I.B.A.S and demand the forms for it off them.
    **** disgraceful sky sort it out!!
  • Options
    SILEEKSILEEK Member Posts: 55
    edited April 2011
     Reply |Sky Bet to me show details 18:59 (1 hour ago) Fill Out Our Customer Survey  Hi Wynne   Thanks for your email.   I can see your point however we do only pay out in the order that the horses past the post.   Hence as I have stated before your bet was settled as a losing bet. The full terms can be found in our help and support section here   http://help.skybet.com/article.aspx?article=1248&p=5     Kind Regards, This is the response I got, Wynne
    Posted by wynne1938
    This is the precise wording from their rules:
    "Bets are settled in accordance with the official result at the time of the "weigh in". Any change to a result after this point will not count."
    This rule is designed to cover subsequent disqualifications for the likes of positive dope test analysis and so on - it does not have any bearing on your bet.
    The official result at the time of the weigh in, is the one that was amended in the stewards enquiry.

1 Sunny Game 3/1F
    2 Rock A Doodle Doo 10/1
    3 Harlestone Times 8/1

This is the OFFICIAL RESULT, and they have NO right to withold payment.

You must not accept this refusal to pay. Contact IBAS and ask for their advice. I am as near certain as I can be that you will be paid for that bet.
    Post your progress? Thanks.
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Racing April 20th : This is the precise wording from their rules: "Bets are settled in accordance with the official result at the time of the "weigh in". Any change to a result after this point will not count." This rule is designed to cover subsequent disqualifications for the likes of positive dope test analysis and so on - it does not have any bearing on your bet. The official result at the time of the weigh in, is the one that was amended in the stewards enquiry. 1 Sunny Game 3/1F 2 Rock A Doodle Doo 10/1 3 Harlestone Times 8/1 This is the OFFICIAL RESULT, and they have NO right to withold payment. You must not accept this refusal to pay. Contact IBAS and ask for their advice. I am as near certain as I can be that you will be paid for that bet. Post your progress? Thanks.
    Posted by SILEEK
    Thanks for ypur advice, Ihave contacted IBAS this morning and filled in an Adjudication form and sent it for, now wait to see what happens.Sky have not bothered to contact me after I threatened to report them.
    Here is my bet receipt:
    Bet Details
    ReceiptO/10151841/0001575
    Bet placed at20/04/2011 14:33
    Bet TypeSingle
    Bet ChannelInternet
    Number of lines12
    Stake per line£1.00
    Total stake£12.00
    SettledY
    Number of win lines0
    Number of void lines0
    Returns£0.00
    Refunds£0.00
    Selection Details
    Class/SportEvent Type EventMarketDateSelectionNotes
    Horse RacingEpsom Downs2.35 Epsom DownsCombination Forecast 20/04/2011 14:35Hawaana &
    Sunny Game (Win) &
    Zigato &
    Rock A Doodle Doo (Place) @ Dividend

• Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,205
    edited April 2011
    I rarely use SkyBet because invariably their odds are worse than everyone elses but am even less likely to use them if they don't pay out on a winning bet like this.

I would have thought someone at Sky would have seen this post, paid your bet out, apologised and tried to stop this disastrous own goal on the PR front!!

Don't let this drop!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Glad you have not let this drop. It should take IBAS about 2 seconds to adjudicate on this one.
    I must admit I do not bet with them, but it seems a massive own goal by Skybet to rule against
    you on this one.
    A cynical viewpoint is that they hoped to fob you off, and get away with it. A hopefully more likely
    scenario, is that you were advised by somebody lacking experience and knowledge of the rules?
    Mmmmmmm, and that's being kind!! :-)
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited April 2011
    A right cook up from SKYBET

The official result in the national press is as SILEEK says and unless your bet stipulates FPTP and it doesnt appear too then they must pay you out.

Get it sorted SKY 
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Racing April 20th : Thanks for ypur advice, Ihave contacted IBAS this morning and filled in an Adjudication form and sent it for, now wait to see what happens.Sky have not bothered to contact me after I threatened to report them. Here is my bet receipt: Bet Details Receipt O/10151841/0001575 Bet placed at 20/04/2011 14:33 Bet Type Single Bet Channel Internet Number of lines 12 Stake per line £1.00 Total stake £12.00 Settled Y Number of win lines 0 Number of void lines 0 Returns £0.00 Refunds £0.00 Selection Details Class/Sport Event Type Event Market Date Selection Notes Horse Racing Epsom Downs 2.35 Epsom Downs Combination Forecast 20/04/2011 14:35 Hawaana & Sunny Game ( Win ) & Zigato & Rock A Doodle Doo ( Place ) @ Dividend  
    Posted by wynne1938
    the problem here is that the result will need amending in the computer to settle the bet as it will have to be inputed in to the system manualy by someone in the racing office(assuming they have one and not just a room of lovely ladies giving dreadfull customer service hahaha which is probly nearer the truth than you realise) so if they do not know how to settle bets which believe me constitutes to a vast majority of betting office managers nowadays since it's been computerised they will just see COMPUTER SAYS NO  and assume it is correct which anyone with even a modicum of betting knowledge knows this is A WINNING BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sort it out sky or you are having no more of my money and a lot of other peoples too at a guess if this is the sort of website you are running.god help us if someone wins big.
  • Options
    LENGALENGLENGALENG Member Posts: 337
    edited April 2011
    the problem here is that the result will need amending in the computer to settle the bet as it will have to be inputed in to the system manualy by someone in the racing office(assuming they have one and not just a room of lovely ladies giving dreadfull customer service hahaha which is probly nearer the truth than you realise) so if they do not know how to settle bets which believe me constitutes to a vast majority of betting office managers nowadays since it's been computerised they will just see COMPUTER SAYS NO  and assume it is correct which anyone with even a modicum of betting knowledge knows this is A WINNING BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sort it out sky or you are having no more of my money and a lot of other peoples too at a guess if this is the sort of website you are running.god help us if someone wins big.

+1
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Sky's slowness in this beggars beflief, keep us posted wynne
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Sky's slowness in this beggars beflief, keep us posted wynne
    Posted by vaigret
    Will do, and thanks for all your comments.
    I am not worried about the money,it amounts to £18 profit on the bet, it is the principle.
    It just goes to show when computers are involved , the personal touch is lost, and this is in all walks of life at the moment, unfortunenately.
    I do not expect any comeback now , till after easter as there has been no communications in the last 24 hours..

I have informed them, that if there is not an amicable settlement, they will not only lose my sports betting account, they will also lose my poker, Tv, broadband and telephone accounts as well , bearing in mind, I cannot do this  until my contract runs out.
    I really enjoy taking part in all these activities on sky, there is a great community and I will miss this.

Give you another good example , I had a bet on the Amir Khan/Paul McCluskey fight, which was a farce, because the fight should not have been stopped. PaddyPower returned all losing bets to their clients, because they also thought it was a farce.
    Can you think of Sky doing something like that?

C'mon Sky . will you return me my money on this fight, I backed the underdog?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hope you win this and certainly hope you dont leave us.
  • Options
    UkjoeUkjoe Member Posts: 1,291
    edited April 2011

I CANT BELIEVE THAT WYNNE.
      ALL BOOKMAKERS PAY OUT ON OFFICIL RESULT NOT FIRST PAST POST ETC.
      AS REGARDS BETTING, ESPECIALLY PHONE BETTING I OPENED AN ACCOUNT TO HAVE DOUBLE THE DEPOSIT.
      PUT IN 150 AND GOT 300 TO BET.
      PHONED AND BET STRUCK WHICH CAME UP FOR 1200 OR SO
       THE GIRL ON OTHER END OF LINE DIDNT PLACE BET CORRECTLY BUT THEY PAID ME OUT AFTER LISTENING TO    RECORDING OF PHONE CALL.
     HOWEVER ALL BETS ARENT LEGALLY BINDING THEY ARE A GENTLEMANS AGREEMENT SO TO SPEAK

CLOSED MY ACCOUNT ONCE I WAS PAID
  • Options
    chefboy79chefboy79 Member Posts: 668
    edited April 2011
    any news on this mate i am interested by this as it happened to me last year did a rev f/c horses came 2/3 rd but winner was dq so basicly my horses came 1/2 nd in theory but they naver paid out so i asked if i had tri cast with winner plus my two horses would they have paid out guy said no because the winner was dq lol work that one out i lost about £30 quid put it down to experiance only do small stakes on here do bigger stakes on another site as what ever happens they seem to get it right i cant understand skys response here alot of punters will read bad pr and word of mouth is worth 5 so if 10 of us moan 50 people wont use the site errrrmmmmm thats bad business sense to me good luck mate any way
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    any news on this mate i am interested by this as it happened to me last year did a rev f/c horses came 2/3 rd but winner was dq so basicly my horses came 1/2 nd in theory but they naver paid out so i asked if i had tri cast with winner plus my two horses would they have paid out guy said no because the winner was dq lol work that one out i lost about £30 quid put it down to experiance only do small stakes on here do bigger stakes on another site as what ever happens they seem to get it right i cant understand skys response here alot of punters will read bad pr and word of mouth is worth 5 so if 10 of us moan 50 people wont use the site errrrmmmmm thats bad business sense to me good luck mate any way
    Posted by chefboy79
    Will keeep you posted on the outcome.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Racing April 20th : Thanks for ypur advice, Ihave contacted IBAS this morning and filled in an Adjudication form and sent it for, now wait to see what happens.Sky have not bothered to contact me after I threatened to report them. Here is my bet receipt: Bet Details Receipt O/10151841/0001575 Bet placed at 20/04/2011 14:33 Bet Type Single Bet Channel Internet Number of lines 12 Stake per line £1.00 Total stake £12.00 Settled Y Number of win lines 0 Number of void lines 0 Returns £0.00 Refunds £0.00 Selection Details Class/Sport Event Type Event Market Date Selection Notes Horse Racing Epsom Downs 2.35 Epsom Downs Combination Forecast 20/04/2011 14:35 Hawaana & Sunny Game ( Win ) & Zigato & Rock A Doodle Doo ( Place ) @ Dividend  
    Posted by wynne1938
    Got a phonecall from SkyBet this afternoon, saying they had received a query from IBAS about my non-settlement of a bet.
    They have looked at it again and found that their system had not been updated after the steward's enquiry and apologise for the error.
    They have paid the £32 for the forecast into my account and have also added a £10 bonus payment for the error.
    I am now a happy chappy.

• Options
    kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Racing April 20th : Got a phonecall from SkyBet this afternoon, saying they had received a query from IBAS about my non-settlement of a bet. They have looked at it again and found that their system had not been updated after the steward's enquiry and apologise for the error. They have paid the £32 for the forecast into my account and have also added a £10 bonus payment for the error. I am now a happy chappy.
    Posted by wynne1938
    Good result, but shouldn't have taken so long to fix imo.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Racing April 20th : Got a phonecall from SkyBet this afternoon, saying they had received a query from IBAS about my non-settlement of a bet. They have looked at it again and found that their system had not been updated after the steward's enquiry and apologise for the error. They have paid the £32 for the forecast into my account and have also added a £10 bonus payment for the error. I am now a happy chappy.
    Posted by wynne1938
    nice one!!! i knew it was a computer says no situation it's the betting industry all over nowadays employ a load of kids with no training only qualification required is big tats and a smile (and yes i can say that as im female for those of you that don't know)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Posted by wynne1938
    In Betfair lingo, you were 1.01 to get paid on that bet - I was 100% certain
    of that.
    Biggest surprise was the time it took to resolve.
    The right result in the end - with a £10 brucie thrown in :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Well done mate and quite right too.

How could they have let such a mistake go this far.

Certainly wont be betting with Skybet unless I have too

Father V
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,205
    edited May 2011
    Glad to hear its been resolved - about time and giving you the £10 extra is the least they could do!