You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

awful call

razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
in a torn 2 nite im bb

have 3s

guy with 9700 chips goes 1050

i have 5900

i push all in

he calls wiv Q/7

and guess what..lol

he had the nerve to say i plyed it badly..

did i???

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    plyed it correct looks gd enuff 4 me cheers guys
  • Options
    dodgydazdodgydaz Member Posts: 123
    edited September 2009
    to be honest kev at best is a 50/50 race I personally wouldnt call it a bad play, it is a questionable call though
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    Personally I Wouldnt play it the same way either of you did... I would of flat called the raise on BB, if its a low flop then push... but if a flop comes AKQ for example then your 33 is probs no good vs a raiser... Also im presuming blinds are between 200 and 400 ?? therefor you have plenty of time still to wait for a better spot, so may not shove on a flop unless i hit neway.... As for him calling with Q7, all i can say is eeeeoooorrrrr
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: awful call:
    to be honest kev at best is a 50/50 race I personally wouldnt call it a bad play, it is a questionable call though
    Posted by dodgydaz
    id say,, what did he think he was beating,,, 8/5??
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2009
    i just saw a player in same tourny call an all in qith queen4, up against 10s and hit, who took the lid off the bowl?

webby
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited September 2009
    hi kev it was a mugs call but what do you expect,it is getting very hard to make people fold at online poker,so if you push with 33 you gotta expect a call and hope for the best,personally i have stopped pushing with marginal hands because even if you have ak etc he calls with his q7 and hits 40% of the time......cheers bud
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited September 2009
    It all depends on wether the villian is a perpetual raises and caller.
    If he raises a lot then go for it.
    If he is tight then I would fold every time.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    hi kev it was a mugs call but what do you expect,it is getting very hard to make people fold at online poker,so if you push with 33 you gotta expect a call and hope for the best,personally i have stopped pushing with marginal hands because even if you have ak etc he calls with his q7 and hits 40% of the time......cheers bud
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    cheers guys not 2 bothered tbh least i plyed it 100% correct

b lukky all, i will be back on thurs wish me luck im in a big torn 2 nite

cya soon guys ,oh and i will update pontoon footie 2 moz nite
  • Options
    SwansFCSwansFC Member Posts: 308
    edited September 2009
    orite kev, how you get on in that freeroll in the end mate? i got dc and came back to 195 chips lol, finished 25th
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited September 2009
    Whats the torny Kev?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Whats the torny Kev?
    Posted by Grimstar30
    sitting 9th 111 left top 30 paid  ,,10.000 dollars to winner
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    just hit broadway on flop and got paid

4th now 109 remain

i will need 2 stay awake 5 hrs more i think
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited September 2009
    Your all-in was I think rash. What were you hoping for? You don't say what the blinds were but 20% of your stack to call against what I assume was a fairly substantial raise would be an expensive flop. If you were hoping he'd fold then your risking your tournament for 1000 chips when he could hold anything against your 33. However, having said that his call is attrocious, he's calling half his stack with junk. As it turns out it was a coin flip and he got lucky. Pocket 3's facing a big raise I'd have chucked 'em without a second thought.
  • Options
    THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
    edited September 2009
    In Response to awful call:
    in a torn 2 nite im bb have 3s guy with 9700 chips goes 1050 i have 5900 i push all in he calls wiv Q/7 and guess what..lol he had the nerve to say i plyed it badly.. did i???
    Posted by razorkev
    What exactly were the blinds? What position was he in? If he was on the button it looks like a good shove but depends on the factors i just mentioned.

Ed
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited September 2009
    tell me his name---i got a list of nutters---lol
  • Options
    J-HartiganJ-Hartigan Member Posts: 2,756
    edited September 2009
    Personally I Wouldnt play it the same way either of you did... I would of flat called the raise on BB, if its a low flop then push... but if a flop comes AKQ for example then your 33 is probs no good vs a raiser... Also im presuming blinds are between 200 and 400 ?? therefor you have plenty of time still to wait for a better spot, so may not shove on a flop unless i hit neway.... As for him calling with Q7, all i can say is eeeeoooorrrrr
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I like your play, Kev.  I hate the call.

Remember: you can shove with any two; but you should only be calling off 2/3 of your stack with a premium hand.  Q7 is not a premium hand!  His initial raise is fine (nice try, buddy), but faced with your three-bet jam he should muck it.  Simple.

I'm not sure about FlashFlush's suggestion.  Why make a speculative call with nearly 20% of your stack (unless you were determined to shove the flop, no matter what)?  Personally, I think the correct play in that situation is shove or fold and, because Kev has significant fold equity, I favour the former option...
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited September 2009

With the 33 its a reshove all in or a fold.

I think you played it right Kev, and it was a terrible call from a player that obviously doesnt know what they are doing. James H is spot on.

All the best m8

• Options
    PiAnOpLaYaPiAnOpLaYa Member Posts: 554
    edited September 2009
    just hit broadway on flop and got paid 4th now 109 remain i will need 2 stay awake 5 hrs more i think
    Posted by razorkev
    where did u finish?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: awful call : I like your play, Kev.  I hate the call. Remember: you can shove with any two; but you should only be calling off 2/3 of your stack with a premium hand.  Q7 is not a premium hand!  His initial raise is fine (nice try, buddy), but faced with your three-bet jam he should muck it.  Simple. I'm not sure about
    FlashFlush's
    suggestion.  Why make a speculative call with nearly 20% of your stack (unless you were determined to shove the flop, no matter what)?  Personally, I think the correct play in that situation is shove or fold and, because Kev has significant fold equity, I favour the former option...
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    i couldnt agree more james,
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: awful call : where did u finish?
    Posted by PiAnOpLaYa
    4.48 am...... got final table

4.51 am im short stacked push allin on the button with AQ sb has ks and holds up ,

1250.00 dollars made it worth while tho