You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Site running VERY SLOW!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited September 2009

Just took 15 minutes to log in. Pages going wild, kept throwing up security certificate errors and taking me back to 'page could not be found' messages.

Sky whats going on?

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Just sat in a DYM and timer kept putting me out of every hand even though i had called/raised/folded.  I had a virus checker running in the background of my desktop. (something I tend to do weekly, dont want to find my bank account empty/husband sold or car borrowed by some fella who told me to click here to see more hard core pawn)
    Switching off my virus scan cleaned up the problem immediately. However, most days I am surfing/ reading mail running scans etc at the same time without any issues at all.

Yes i know I have spelt pawn wrong but its asking me to edit my post.
  • Options
    SPENBESPENBE Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Site running VERY SLOW!!:
    To add to what tikay has just said.... Apologies for the issues that the site has been having over the last couple of evenings guys, it is something we are looking into as a matter of urgency.  I will report back with an update as soon as the technical team report back. The team and I appreciate your patience in the interim. Regards, Des.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    7pm the night after this posting still no update
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited September 2009
    this is silly sky,,,,,15 sec delay on hnds cmon get with it otherwise its pointless entering torns on here...

i know you have more players on site now so dont lose them by being the slowest site in history..

cheers
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Why is there over 4800 people on the site but only 1600 seated???

Are the forums that popular?

I personally think that the 4800 refers to the entire people using the sky bet network at the moment and this has been recently changed from sky poker players only (to make the site look more attractive to passing guests)

I am used to seeing 2000+ on the site with 1500 seated but never these levels.

The tables dont seem that much busier.
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited October 2009
    Hi guys,

i'm really sorry the last few days have been so frustrating for everyone. the poker team will provide an update later on today.

thanks again for being understanding.

Rich
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    Played 3 tourneys tonight, all worked 100% well, Well done guys, glad it got sorted!!!!
  • Options
    FishingPhiFishingPhi Member Posts: 73
    edited October 2009
    This cost me around £40 in lost HU STT fees last week because the table would pop up and then freeze with all the buttons saying "default". If i waited a few minutes, the game would appear but the "i'm back" button was somehow disabled, no matter how much i tried to click it. Even closing Firefox and restarting didn't help. Was not at all impressed TBH. Have withdrawn all my funds and am currently playing elsewhere.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Site running VERY SLOW!!:
    Hi guys, i'm really sorry the last few days have been so frustrating for everyone. the poker team will provide an update later on today. thanks again for being understanding. Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich

looks like sky rich u need to send out a gift of some kind to all the customers b4 anymore people leave .
  • Options
    DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited October 2009
    just paid 24 quid for deep stack semi and i was robbed along with 2 others ...half a game come on sky boffs sort this out  NOW and do we get a refund
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Site running VERY SLOW!!:
    Is anyone else having this problem? Iv spoke to 1 or 2 other people and they agree... You see the person before you act, yet its another 2 seconds before you get your move... Very frustrating and putting me on tilt ...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yeh i have the same problem with the wife lol
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited October 2009
    Hi Guys,

the Poker team want to be 100% sure the problems have been resolved. once this has been confirmed they will announce what compensation is planned. if you feel you lost out due to the site problems please get in contact with customer care and they will **** the merits of your case.

thanks guys,

Rich