You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SITE UPDATE

Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi everyone,

We've been speaking to the poker team here - technical and suits and we've got the following information so far...

We have made some changes already which we feel will help solve the current site issues. Tests are still ongoing, but we hope those changes will allow everyone to play on the tables without any problems.

If the same problems do repeat we may have to cancel the community freeroll at 7pm this evening. Please note that if this is the case (and that is still very much an 'if') we will replay the freeroll at a later date with a bigger prize pool.   If you experience any problems please do speak to our Customer Care team. They are there to help us understand any issues you’re having, so if they’re asking for browser types, versions of Windows you’re running, etc, it is to help us find the problem, not to point blame at you. If you think you’ve lost out in tournaments because of these issues, contact them and they will look into your case on its own merits.   Thanks everyone,   Rich

Comments

• Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    In Response to SITE UPDATE:
    Hi everyone, We've been speaking to the poker team here - technical and suits and we've got the following information so far... We have made some changes already which we feel will help solve the current site issues. Tests are still ongoing, but we hope those changes will allow everyone to play on the tables without any problems. If the same problems do repeat we may have to cancel the community freeroll at 7pm this evening. Please note that if this is the case (and that is still very much an 'if') we will replay the freeroll at a later date with a bigger prize pool.   If you experience any problems please do speak to our Customer Care team. They are there to help us understand any issues you’re having, so if they’re asking for browser types, versions of Windows you’re running, etc, it is to help us find the problem, not to point blame at you. If you think you’ve lost out in tournaments because of these issues, contact them and they will look into your case on its own merits.   Thanks everyone,   Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich

Thank you for the update m8, if I make make so bold, what caused the problems? looking forward to playing some poker.

Thanks again
  • Options
    thesaint07thesaint07 Member Posts: 27
    edited October 2009
    customer care dont care and they are rude
  • Options
    SwansFCSwansFC Member Posts: 308
    edited October 2009
    I've sent and recieved 5 emails with customer care, no complaints with their service as yet
  • Options
    FlutNushFlutNush Member Posts: 371
    edited October 2009

Thanks Rich,

I just tested it on some cash tables, and it's too fast now. Can you slow it back down a little please? Not too much, obviously. 

Plus I didn't get many 'good' cards, is there a fix for this? Ideally, I was hoping to win more than £19 too. 

Again, if the techies can address this, then you'll definitely end up with at least one happy camper.

• Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited October 2009
    My wife has been playing on the STT this evening and didn't have any problems at all.
    The tables seen to running at the normal speed again.
    Lets hope that the problem has now been solved.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    In Response to SITE UPDATE:
    Hi everyone, We've been speaking to the poker team here - technical and suits and we've got the following information so far... We have made some changes already which we feel will help solve the current site issues. Tests are still ongoing, but we hope those changes will allow everyone to play on the tables without any problems. If the same problems do repeat we may have to cancel the community freeroll at 7pm this evening. Please note that if this is the case (and that is still very much an 'if') we will replay the freeroll at a later date with a bigger prize pool.   If you experience any problems please do speak to our Customer Care team. They are there to help us understand any issues you’re having, so if they’re asking for browser types, versions of Windows you’re running, etc, it is to help us find the problem, not to point blame at you. If you think you’ve lost out in tournaments because of these issues, contact them and they will look into your case on its own merits.   Thanks everyone,   Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
     Yes i believe the amount of runners in the freerolls could be the cause of the problems. Lets be totally honest here, I know everyone has to start somewhere, but im glad your are now looking after the people who ACTUALLY SPEND MONEY on sky, rather than the freerollers... after 7pm will be the big test... fingers crossed!!!
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    edited October 2009
    Had a few problems mesel tables runnin slow etc.Was on a tourny the other day and was on a break i was watching the timer(dont know why)and the clock was going up 3.00 2.59 2.58 3.01 3.00 i had to laugh
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited October 2009
    Played a couple of DYMs so far this evening and has been perfect so far. Currently seeing 3660 players online.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SITE UPDATE:
    In Response to SITE UPDATE : Hi Rich Thank you for the update m8, if I make make so bold, what caused the problems? looking forward to playing some poker. Thanks again
    Posted by acebarry10
    hi barry,

once we are sure the problems are all fixed and everything is 100% back to normal we will post a more in-depth update detailing what the problems were.

keep your eyes peeled!

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited October 2009
    No problems finishing that last game a minute ago. Looks good compared to other nights earlier this week! Hope you've cracked it.
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    edited October 2009
    Thanks SkyRich.  It has been very frustrating at times.  I have always found the customer very helpful.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    Everything worked 100% tonight... Well done sky on getting it sorted!!
  • Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited October 2009
    Everything worked 100% tonight... Well done sky on getting it sorted!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    +1
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, the main BH that I was in worked fine.  i didn't last long tho, maybe 10 mins due to some serious donk play on my part haha :p

Was nice to see everything running smooth again.
  • Options
    kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited October 2009
    You should all come on at midnight like i do, much quicker at this time! lol
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    customer care dont care and they are rude
    Posted by thesaint07
     100% agree saint---I GOT ON TO CUSTOMER (SO CALLED) CARE BECAUSE I WAS BLINDED OUT OF A DEEP STACK TOURNEY BEFORE I COULD EVEN LAUNCH IT!-----1 HOUR AND 55 MINUTES AND STILL DIDNT LAUNCH----COULD I GET A REFUND?----NOT A FLOPPIN CHANCE----OTHER PLAYERS WERE ABLE TO PLAY SO "AS PER OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS, NO REFUND WILL BE ISSUED"---A COMPLETE BUNCH OF USELESS **** HAVE I UPDATED MY FLASH PLAYER AND DELETED MY HISTORY----IT WAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY FLUPPIN FLASH PLAYER OR HISTORY---IT WAS AN ERROR CAUSED BY SKY POKER----SKY POKER---WHY DONT YOU RENAME IT ---SKY WAIT FOR IT--------WAIT FOR IT--------WAIT FOR IT-------GIVE UP POKER-------I DONT CARE ABOUT THE CASH BUT IF I DONT GET A REFUND FOR THIS GAME---THAT I DID NOT EVEN PLAY A HAND IN BECAUSE OF STUPID, SKY CAUSED ERRORS---I AM FINDING ANOTHER SITE ---I LOVE THIS SITE BUT THIS IS IT FOR ME---ONE SMALL GESTURE IS ALL I AM ASKING FOR----NO WAY WAS THIS MY FAULT----WHAT DO YOU SAY SKY RICH?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    hi there oynutter,

i'm sorry to hear of your continued problems and your bad experiences with the site. i will be in touch through private messaging to try and find a suitable solution.

all the best,

Rich
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    another quick update for everyone....

when the team are completely happy sky poker is back to the levels we all expect we will not only provide everyone with a much more in-depth explanation of the recent events but also what we plan to do to compensate everyone.

unfortunately i am unable to give you all this info at the moment but you can be assured that it will come soon!

thanks again for everyone's patience over this difficult period

Rich
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SITE UPDATE :  100% agree saint---I GOT ON TO CUSTOMER (SO CALLED) CARE BECAUSE I WAS BLINDED OUT OF A DEEP STACK TOURNEY BEFORE I COULD EVEN LAUNCH IT!-----1 HOUR AND 55 MINUTES AND STILL DIDNT LAUNCH----COULD I GET A REFUND?----NOT A FLOPPIN CHANCE----OTHER PLAYERS WERE ABLE TO PLAY SO "AS PER OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS, NO REFUND WILL BE ISSUED"---A COMPLETE BUNCH OF USELESS **** HAVE I UPDATED MY FLASH PLAYER AND DELETED MY HISTORY---- IT WAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY FLUPPIN FLASH PLAYER OR HISTORY---IT WAS AN ERROR CAUSED BY SKY POKER----SKY POKER---WHY DONT YOU RENAME IT ---SKY WAIT FOR IT--------WAIT FOR IT--------WAIT FOR IT-------GIVE UP POKER------- I DONT CARE ABOUT THE CASH BUT IF I DONT GET A REFUND FOR THIS GAME---THAT I DID NOT EVEN PLAY A HAND IN BECAUSE OF STUPID, SKY CAUSED ERRORS---I AM FINDING ANOTHER SITE ---I LOVE THIS SITE BUT THIS IS IT FOR ME---ONE SMALL GESTURE IS ALL I AM ASKING FOR----NO WAY WAS THIS MY FAULT----WHAT DO YOU SAY SKY RICH?
    Posted by oynutter
    1 hour 55 minutes - thats twice as long as you would have lasted if you had been sat down lol. Seriously though they may be dodging out of giving you the entrance refund because that has been paid out to the winners, however their is no excuse for them with holding your rake money as that is the part of the fee they charge for providing a service. If you can prove that the connection problem was their fault they have a legal responsibility to issue a refund as they have not provided you with that service. Failing this you can always try talking to the brick wall outside my house.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited October 2009
    people are closing their accounts its gone on to long m8 , you need to make a token now m8 .