You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SITE UPDATE

Comments

• Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SITE UPDATE:
    In Response to Re: SITE UPDATE : 1 hour 55 minutes - thats twice as long as you would have lasted if you had been sat down lol. Seriously though they may be dodging out of giving you the entrance refund because that has been paid out to the winners, however their is no excuse for them with holding your rake money as that is the part of the fee they charge for providing a service. If you can prove that the connection problem was their fault they have a legal responsibility to issue a refund as they have not provided you with that service. Failing this you can always try talking to the brick wall outside my house.
    Posted by loonytoons
    yeh--loony--twice as long--i think i came 4th --lol---i launched a cash game straight after just to see if it was my fault--this loaded with no problems--so no way was it my flash player or browser at fault---anyway i won 50 quid next day for best suggestion--so i do feel better now--still--its not the cash--its just thier attitude---denying any problems with the site--after all this hassle with all players affected--and they still trying to say its my fault----out of order imo
  • Options
    Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SITE UPDATE : yeh--loony--twice as long--i think i came 4th --lol---i launched a cash game straight after just to see if it was my fault--this loaded with no problems--so no way was it my flash player or browser at fault---anyway i won 50 quid next day for best suggestion--so i do feel better now--still--its not the cash--its just thier attitude---denying any problems with the site--after all this hassle with all players affected--and they still trying to say its my fault----out of order imo
    Posted by oynutter
    100% agree m8
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    important update---rich sorted it all out for me---he really is a star lads---hes really been given a hard time this week--but he really is trying his very best and i for one am very grateful that he is here for us--even though we have had all this trouble---i still think this is the best site on the net---and having someone like rich here for the players is a big part of what makes it the best site----cheers m8
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited October 2009
    ok if u say he is thats ok with me , well done rich
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited October 2009
    nutter , the first few months i played on sky poker i had nothing but trouble . i played through the tv and got regularly disconnected . Sky blamed my phone line . bt ran a check 3 times and the line was ok. i got nowhere with sky . It turned out it was my skybox ,it was to old .At the end i gave up playing on here because i was losing money . It mainly happened when i was h/u or had aa /kk for some bizarre reason.Then i had a problem with sky tv . 6 months later and after having to get a solicitor involved they had to pay me several hundred pounds but even then  they would not accept responsibility. iv kept my mouth shut these last few days but i have to speak out . i dont blame the employees of sky but the companies policies . We are not stupid sheep . pls . stop treating us as if we are.  ps. recently customer care have been friendly and helpfull but in the past they have been very rude and i have even been called a liar by a manager . pps. i love playing on this site and i love the community . ppps , yes im having a bad run run on the tables and yes im in a foul mood but the above is still my experience. If you dont hear from me again ..... !!!!!                                 
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    nutter , the first few months i played on sky poker i had nothing but trouble . i played through the tv and got regularly disconnected . Sky blamed my phone line . bt ran a check 3 times and the line was ok. i got nowhere with sky . It turned out it was my skybox ,it was to old .At the end i gave up playing on here because i was losing money . It mainly happened when i was h/u or had aa /kk for some bizarre reason.Then i had a problem with sky tv . 6 months later and after having to get a solicitor involved they had to pay me several hundred pounds but even then  they would not accept responsibility. iv kept my mouth shut these last few days but i have to speak out . i dont blame the employees of sky but the companies policies . We are not stupid sheep . pls . stop treating us as if we are.  ps. recently customer care have been friendly and helpfull but in the past they have been very rude and i have even been called a liar by a manager . pps. i love playing on this site and i love the community . ppps , yes im having a bad run run on the tables and yes im in a foul mood but the above is still my experience. If you dont hear from me again ..... !!!!!                                 
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    hiya pillowman--sorry to hear of all your trouble--i was and still am annoyed at customer care---but the main point i was making is that rich IS here for us and i am sure your problems would have been sorted far faster if rich and the community were here from the start---i was just saying thanks to rich because i am completely convinced he does care and is doing his very best for us---gl m8--see you on d tables
  • Options
    wemjaywemjay Member Posts: 83
    edited October 2009
    customer care dont care and they are rude
    Posted by thesaint07
    here here well said
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    important update--- rich sorted it all out for me---he really is a star lads---hes really been given a hard time this week--but he really is trying his very best and i for one am very grateful that he is here for us--even though we have had all this trouble---i still think this is the best site on the net---and having someone like rich here for the players is a big part of what makes it the best site----cheers m8
    Posted by oynutter
     I think some1 has a man crush!!
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SITE UPDATE :  I think some1 has a man crush!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I'd have a crush for £50 lol
  • Options
    BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited October 2009
    LOL n1 dave
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited October 2009
    APOLOGY . This past week many of you have had to witness and suffer me being unbelievable grumpy . I have moaned and groaned pretty much non stop. Normally , i like to think ,i am laid back about things . Generally i take losing at poker well and my normal response to bad beats ,bad calls , 3 outers and the rest of the stuff that everyone knows to well ,is to laugh and type in ,lol nh. Sometimes it takes a few seconds but i normally see the funny side of things quickly.So what has ruffled my feathers !?! Its been a build up of several things .Firstly , my gf lives in the Philippines and i have been worried sick. Today , another typhoon hit the country and to my relieve she is fine .  I also drove my mums best friend to hospital this week , where she was given the news she has cancer. Myself , i have been in horrid pain with a kidney stone ..Its just been one of those weeks .Yes and then there is poker . Have seen my bankroll shrink and shrink and this week with everything going on , didn't take losing at all well . So , i would like to say sorry to everyone and thank you for putting up with me .Also ,nutter ty m8, i have no doubt that if sky rich and the community would of been around back then ,every thing would of been sorted  much sooner. gl all.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SITE UPDATE : I'd have a crush for £50 lol
    Posted by Grimstar30

LOL. I heard you drop your pants for £5 let along £50... Well thats what Alan has been saying anyway!!
  • Options
    BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited October 2009
    hi pillowman. hope things improve for u soon. gl m8. p.s glad alls well with your gf
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    hi pillowman. hope things improve for u soon. gl m8. p.s glad alls well with your gf
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    plus 1--touched wood for your girlie m8--always works---read bingo site if you need a little laugh--some funny posts there lately--hale72--lol
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SITE UPDATE : plus 1--touched wood for your girlie m8--always works---read bingo site if you need a little laugh--some funny posts there lately--hale72--lol
    Posted by oynutter
    +2

Thanks nutter for the big up, lost too many playing hours just lately, messing about on the forum.

Glad it's appreciated.
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited October 2009
    hi, what comm freeroll are you referring to, will it be in lobby laster?
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SITE UPDATE : 0  LOL. I heard you drop your pants for £5 let along £50... Well thats what Alan has been saying anyway!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    LOL 10p more like Charlie !
  • Options
    tiggerace7tiggerace7 Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2009
    Hi Rich

I also have had lots of trouble with the poker site and yes customer care are not great to say the least.
    I told them a table would not launch in the 60p roulette, which I pointed out was a bit unfortunate with the blind structure. Having discussed the usual what flash player are you using,have you deleted your cache and internet files recently ect ect, They then explained to me that with the roulette games all the chips go in and the best hand wins. If I not been so cross that they took 10minutes to advise me of that little gem I would have thought it funny. As we all know the game they were talking about was STT not MTT. Well no worries they are going to refund buy- in... holding my breath on that one. Last week I was on a table that would not launch with saint07 whose table also would not launch, well after one player went out that left the table with 3 players and just for a laugh I watched the poker lobby saints and my blinds were going so fast the 3rd player was obviously having no problems. My problems this week are according to the sky care team just me....what a surprise. Anyway I think I have now worked it out... a while ago when I was again having problems I was told by a few players to download google chrome, I did this and everything was fine for a while. I had previously been using Explorer 8. Now the point of this story is that now I have trouble with google chrome and the sky site but Explorer 8 now works fine. Back now to my question could it be that when sky make upgrades it affects only certain search engines and if this is the case would it not be helpful if sky let us know which search engines are compatible with the site on any given day. I really love this site but it does occassionaly leave you very frustrated and cross.

Pam 

• Options
    edited October 2009
    hi rich--can we get avatars for the customer care agents?---then we can virtually poke them in the eye with our pointer arrows--lol
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited October 2009
    tiggerace dont use chrome ..stick with exp8  .. i used to have alot of prob's with loading  tried java and all that yadda yadda  ...exp8 is fine for me .. the only thing I do now is when game starts    is come off games menu and click  on to community forum  --it appears by doing that your not carrying the whole games server with  your own game... I know it sounds silly but works for me            glk