You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SKY 1 CHIP TORNS???

razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
As John Mcnroe said you cant be serious!

Sky i think in the competition you held called COMPETITION SUGGESTIONS you had 8 pages of fantastic ideas, and i must say i got 3rd with my idea of a Nations torn which after the satelites would be a live torn to decide the Nations champ

But after reading a few blogs i cant beleive you have picked 1 chip torn as the winner please tell me and the community you are kidding? because if your not that sort of spells the end of poker on here me thinks,,the standard i personally think has gone down quite dramatically on here in the last 6 months and think others agree but no wonder why if you put these bingo chancing torns on like 1 chip etc!

Im hoping its april 1st and its my mistake

Comments

• Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited October 2009
    what  about  haveing a  survival  tourney   were  a  percentage   off  the  lowest  chips  drop  out  every  level
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SKY 1 CHIP TORNS???:
    what  about  haveing a  survival  tourney   were  a  percentage   off  the  lowest  chips  drop  out  every  level
    Posted by scrumdown
    That happens to me every week,like Q 7  m8..lol ..

I know they do russian roulette which is similar tbh scrumdown but i know its good to do different torns but surely everyone on here want PROPER torns not BINGO  torns .
  • Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited October 2009
    In Response to SKY 1 CHIP TORNS???:
    As John Mcnroe said you cant be serious! Sky i think in the competition you held called COMPETITION SUGGESTIONS you had 8 pages of fantastic ideas, and i must say i got 3rd with my idea of a Nations torn which after the satelites would be a live torn to decide the Nations champ But after reading a few blogs i cant beleive you have picked 1 chip torn as the winner please tell me and the community you are kidding? because if your not that sort of spells the end of poker on here me thinks,,the standard i personally think has gone down quite dramatically on here in the last 6 months and think others agree but no wonder why if you put these bingo chancing torns on like 1 chip etc! Im hoping its april 1st and its my mistake
    Posted by razorkev
    Totally agree

+1
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited October 2009

i  agree  with    u  kev   it  was  just  an  idea   ps    your  never  going  to  let that  q7  go   lol

• Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    hi all ---i have found a way to identify bingoists on the site--i came up with the idea in a flash of inspiration one day and posted in community suggestions--this was my post---"how about a nutters only freeroll--1 chip--no blinds--two choices--all in or fold"----to my complete amazement this idea won the top prize and  will soon be implemented by sky as a buy-in tournament---so all we need to do is visit the lobby of this tourney to find a complete and comprehensive list of all bingoists on sky---lol---and you all thought i was mad!----i should add however--that you might find my name on this list as it was my idea i feel i should at least patronize it a bit ---even if i am bingologically challenged---keep this list handy lads and lasses and you will all have a massive advantage over the rest of the field in any tourney or cash game---hahahaha---we will beat these bingo nasties at thier own game---eyes down--this is not over till hale72's two fat ladies sing ----  OY!!!---NUTTERS---LOL
    Posted by oynutter

I think we can take it he never expected to win, and its useful to see the bingo players lol good idea in that respect ;)
  • Options
    TENOFSPADETENOFSPADE Member Posts: 426
    edited October 2009
    HOW ABOUT A TOURNEY WHERE EVERY 1 CANT C THEIR HOLE CARDS ,AND JUST RAISE ,AND BET ALLIN FOR THE H ELL OF IT ,SOME OF THE PLAYS THIS WEEK R HEADING IN THAT DIRECTION ANYWAY????  ON A SERIOUS NOTE THO ..I THINK SKY PROFIT MORE  FROM RAKE ,THE FASTER THE TOURNEY IS ,THE MORE MONEY THEY MAKE ,ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT ..........I SAID A COUPLE OFF WEEKS AGO THAT THIS SITE IS IN JEOPODY OF TURNING INTO A BINGO HALL, AND SKYS DECISION 2 INTRODUCE A 1 CHIP ALLIN FEST ,I STAND CORRECTED .......SHAME REALLY ,CAUSE THE REGULARS HAVE BEEN LET DOWN AGAIN   ..................
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    HOW ABOUT A TOURNEY WHERE EVERY 1 CANT C THEIR HOLE CARDS ,AND JUST RAISE ,AND BET ALLIN FOR THE H ELL OF IT ,SOME OF THE PLAYS THIS WEEK R HEADING IN THAT DIRECTION ANYWAY????  ON A SERIOUS NOTE THO ..I THINK SKY PROFIT MORE  FROM RAKE ,THE FASTER THE TOURNEY IS ,THE MORE MONEY THEY MAKE ,ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT ..........I SAID A COUPLE OFF WEEKS AGO THAT THIS SITE IS IN JEOPODY OF TURNING INTO A BINGO HALL, AND SKYS DECISION 2 INTRODUCE A 1 CHIP ALLIN FEST ,I STAND CORRECTED .......SHAME REALLY ,CAUSE THE REGULARS HAVE BEEN LET DOWN AGAIN   ..................
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
     There is a tourney a BIT like that, which would a FANTASTIC tourney to have online.....

You put YOUR cards on your forehead so thta you cant see them but everyone else can (you have probs seen it before) You then play the usual game but never knowing ur cards util the showdown.... This could be done as £1 entry for example as i dont imagine ne1 will want to spend any decent money on a joke game.... Never seen it online, but would be hilarious
  • Options
    TENOFSPADETENOFSPADE Member Posts: 426
    edited October 2009

put em on ur forehead lol lol lol

• Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited October 2009
    Hi Guys
    I put a post on the original thread, and i stand by it.
    If you ever see me in one of these you can shave my head, shove a chicken up my bum and display me in any shop front of youre choice.
    it was mentioned that the idea was for a freeroll but the last thing, IMO, the site and the comp needed was a result like this.
    To be fair Oynutter did post that this was just an idea that was supposed to be fun, so WHY did it win?
    I have no idea, but if this is the thinking of future comps i wont take part.
    Surely, the idea should be to promote serious ideas for implementation, and imo this should fall into the catergory of spot prize for funny(strange that none were given for this).
    If you think i'm being a bit disingenuous, im doing this after a few drinks n=but tihs is my honest view.
    col
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited October 2009
    As I mentioned on a different thread, the writing was there for all to see when Sky promoted the Bounty Hunter tournies so strongly.  Thery have succeeded in being successful - that I don't disagree with - but they have encouraged NEW PLAYERS to not learn the intricate nature of play - such as folding for better spots, raise bluffing etc as they simply go all in and either double up or move on to another game. 

The deepstack games will continue to suffer as long as players can get a quick rush of adrenaline by eliminating someone rather than the whole laddering up and playing a game of skill for 3 - 4 hours.  Unfortunately, for those of us who like a decent game we are gonna have to make do with decent games with small prize pools and runners whilst the mega money and the large tournies go to the players fancying a bit of a gamble. 

The Sunday deepie simply will not survive with £110 buy in and 3 places paid. Players (myself included) want to play games with a decent number of runners. Make it £55, more satelittes during the week (including anytime sng's) and let's see Sky set a POKER STANDARD AND NOT SLIP BACK INTO THE JOKEY SITE IT WAS CONSIDERED WHEN IT LAUNCHED.

BTW......... if the shows are now only live 3 nights a week, surely the 9pm start time is no longer an issue for The Open and play can start earlier with longer than 7 minute blind levels at 8pm???
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    As I mentioned on a different thread, the writing was there for all to see when Sky promoted the Bounty Hunter tournies so strongly.  Thery have succeeded in being successful - that I don't disagree with - but they have encouraged NEW PLAYERS to not learn the intricate nature of play - such as folding for better spots, raise bluffing etc as they simply go all in and either double up or move on to another game.  The deepstack games will continue to suffer as long as players can get a quick rush of adrenaline by eliminating someone rather than the whole laddering up and playing a game of skill for 3 - 4 hours.  Unfortunately, for those of us who like a decent game we are gonna have to make do with decent games with small prize pools and runners whilst the mega money and the large tournies go to the players fancying a bit of a gamble.  The Sunday deepie simply will not survive with £110 buy in and 3 places paid. Players (myself included) want to play games with a decent number of runners. Make it £55, more satelittes during the week (including anytime sng's) and let's see Sky set a POKER STANDARD AND NOT SLIP BACK INTO THE JOKEY SITE IT WAS CONSIDERED WHEN IT LAUNCHED. BTW......... if the shows are now only live 3 nights a week, surely the 9pm start time is no longer an issue for The Open and play can start earlier with longer than 7 minute blind levels at 8pm???
    Posted by phil12uk
    +1
  • Options
    edited October 2009

TBH think the majority of what i call old school sky players only play on here because of the community it has generated not the silly no point torns they have generated

• Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited October 2009
    TBH think the majority of what i call old school sky players only play on here because of the community it has generated not the silly no point torns they have generated
    Posted by razorkev
    +1 :)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Posted by razorkev
    +2
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to SKY 1 CHIP TORNS???:
    As John Mcnroe said you cant be serious! Sky i think in the competition you held called COMPETITION SUGGESTIONS you had 8 pages of fantastic ideas, and i must say i got 3rd with my idea of a Nations torn which after the satelites would be a live torn to decide the Nations champ But after reading a few blogs i cant beleive you have picked 1 chip torn as the winner please tell me and the community you are kidding? because if your not that sort of spells the end of poker on here me thinks,,the standard i personally think has gone down quite dramatically on here in the last 6 months and think others agree but no wonder why if you put these bingo chancing torns on like 1 chip etc! Im hoping its april 1st and its my mistake
    Posted by razorkev
    To be honest Kev i would like,WHOEVER, made this decision to quatify, that decision.
    I HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE STALWARTS OF THIS SITE OVER THE THE LAST 2 YEARS, BUT IM LOSING FAITH IN WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE.
    Those who know me, know how hard it is for me to make that statement.
    In Rich's original post, he stated that if there was any fun ones there was spot prizes up for offer, but have any been given NO.
    WHAT EXACTLY DO THEY SEE AS FUN POSTS.
    COL
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    In Response to SKY 1 CHIP TORNS??? : To be honest Kev i would like,WHOEVER, made this decision to quatify, that decision. I HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE STALWARTS OF THIS SITE OVER THE THE LAST 2 YEARS, BUT IM LOSING FAITH IN WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE. Those who know me, know how hard it is for me to make that statement. In Rich's original post, he stated that if there was any fun ones there was spot prizes up for offer, but have any been given NO. WHAT EXACTLY DO THEY SEE AS FUN POSTS. COL
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Agreed Col. I felt there were some superb 'serious' suggestions from people on that thread. Ranging from improvements to the website, to table enhancement/features, to 'serious' tournament creation and even Sponsorship schemes etc...

I suppose it comes down to what was actually possible for Sky to implement with haste and I assume most of the serious suggestions they felt would take a lot of resources to make happen very quickly. Still it was about serious suggestions. Assuming Sky are taking the 1chip tourney as a 'serious suggestion' then you could read into this that they are pro poor structured tournaments.

Cest la vie.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to SKY 1 CHIP TORNS??? : To be honest Kev i would like,WHOEVER, made this decision to quatify, that decision. I HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE STALWARTS OF THIS SITE OVER THE THE LAST 2 YEARS, BUT IM LOSING FAITH IN WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE. Those who know me, know how hard it is for me to make that statement. In Rich's original post, he stated that if there was any fun ones there was spot prizes up for offer, but have any been given NO. WHAT EXACTLY DO THEY SEE AS FUN POSTS. COL
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Hi col

Yes would love 2 c why they chose this , i wonder if we get an answer? im really saddened because i have to play other sites for my poker now !
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited October 2009
    As I mentioned on a different thread, the writing was there for all to see when Sky promoted the Bounty Hunter tournies so strongly.  Thery have succeeded in being successful - that I don't disagree with - but they have encouraged NEW PLAYERS to not learn the intricate nature of play - such as folding for better spots, raise bluffing etc as they simply go all in and either double up or move on to another game.  The deepstack games will continue to suffer as long as players can get a quick rush of adrenaline by eliminating someone rather than the whole laddering up and playing a game of skill for 3 - 4 hours.  Unfortunately, for those of us who like a decent game we are gonna have to make do with decent games with small prize pools and runners whilst the mega money and the large tournies go to the players fancying a bit of a gamble.  The Sunday deepie simply will not survive with £110 buy in and 3 places paid. Players (myself included) want to play games with a decent number of runners. Make it £55, more

BRILL IDEA MATE,BUT WHY NOT MAKE IT SAY £20 OR £25 TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE AFFORDABLE.YOU WOULD STILL GET THE RIGHT PLAYERS PLAYING,WOT U THINK?
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SKY 1 CHIP TORNS??? :
    BRILL IDEA MATE,BUT WHY NOT MAKE IT SAY £20 OR £25 TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE AFFORDABLE.YOU WOULD STILL GET THE RIGHT PLAYERS PLAYING,WOT U THINK?
    Posted by debdobs_67
    We have a £22 deepstack daily at 7.30 with GTD 6 paid.... but for some reason we dont get many runners. struggling to get 20 at the moment maybe u should give them a go
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SKY 1 CHIP TORNS??? : We have a £22 deepstack daily at 7.30 with GTD 6 paid.... but for some reason we dont get many runners. struggling to get 20 at the moment maybe u should give them a go
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Point taken,and yes i will be playing one shortly thanks 4 ure reply