You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Open Golf

MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,265
edited July 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
Thought i would get some bets on early as last time i started  athread - my bet camme up in  Swartchel 

Gary Woodland  319/1   £3 win  - he always gets mentioned on here so thougt value

Reitef Goosen  £2 80/1

John Daly lol - He was 479/1  £2 to win _ He always enjoys the Opens and could easily shoot  a leading  score on Day 1

Phill Mickleson £3 at 36/1 - always value watchin him

I,m going to keep my eye on Tigers price - currently 20/1

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited June 2011
    I haven't had a bet yet, but I think McIlroy could do a double. He is in sensational form and always performs in the big ones.

The bets I am likely to take are...

£20 win McIlroy @ 6/1
    £5 e/w Jason Day @ 33/1
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited June 2011
    st georges is a quirky undulating course where the bounce of the ball will have a big say in who wins.

2003 ben curtis complete unknown won there.

Hard to pick a winner but not a bad shout to back some long shots as the course is a big leveller.
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,265
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: The Open Golf:
    I haven't had a bet yet, but I think McIlroy could do a double. He is in sensational form and always performs in the big ones. The bets I am likely to take are... £20 win McIlroy @ 6/1 £5 e/w Jason Day @ 33/1
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Certainly can,t wright him off . Will be interesting to see what he does in the meantime.

He,s been partying a bit recently and started hanging out with the celebs - Just hope he keeps his focus on the golf

Managed to get £3.40 on Tiger at 23-1

John Mcenroe laughed today when they siad everyone was comparing him to Tiger Woods.  He reminded everyone Tiger has won 14 or whatever it is masters titles and I certainly think he,s not won his last

Considering he used to be 9/4  5/2 at the start of tourneys less than a cpl of years ago I think he,s deffo worth a bet
  • Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited June 2011

LEE WESTWOOD GOT TO BE DONE BELIEVE

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited July 2011
    Ok done my bets here. With Rose and Day e/w is paying down to 7 places :). Schwartzel bet pays 5 places, but if he misses cut within 3 shots, i get my stake back as a free bet.

Some nice offers out there this week for the Open, so check 'em out.

Good luck to you all.

EventPickOddsStake
    Open ChampionshipCharl Schwartzel50/1£5 e/w
    Open ChampionshipJustin Rose50/1£4 e/w
    Open ChampionshipJason Day40/1 £4 e/w
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: The Open Golf : Certainly can,t wright him off . Will be interesting to see what he does in the meantime.He,s been partying a bit recently and started hanging out with the celebs - Just hope he keeps his focus on the golfManaged to get £3.40 on Tiger at 23-1 John Mcenroe laughed today when they siad everyone was comparing him to Tiger Woods.  He reminded everyone Tiger has won 14 or whatever it is masters titles and I certainly think he,s not won his last Considering he used to be 9/4  5/2 at the start of tourneys less than a cpl of years ago I think he,s deffo worth a bet
    Posted by MP33
    I live just down the road from him, and i can tell ya, it may look like he's been partying for Britain in the last weeks, but you couldn't be further from the truth! He played the actual competition course twice on Thursday and friday when all the rest were playing the scottish open, he's doing everything right ATM and he will be prepared. Currently he is so far ahead of the others and i really cant see him losing if he keeps his head, his past failures are always due to having 1 horrendous round, next to the course record, the only thing that puts me off is the price, 6-1 is really miserly. Tiger Woods is out of the competition ive heard, but he is playing rubbish anyway ATM, he's not ranked outside the top 20 for nothing, my 2 other bets would be westwood and Donald, but i really cannot see beyond McIlroy for this. As for Mcenroe laughing when they compared Rory to Tiger, he was right, he isnt as good as Tiger, he's actually better at 22 than Tiger was at 22 and in 5 years everyone will know this as fact and he still has a lot to learn, but he could become one of the greatest ever and thats no exaggeration.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    In the end I've gone for...

McIlroy £20 win @ 6/1
    Westwood £20 win @ 8/1
    Jason Day £10 e/w @ 28/1

*sigh* Just seen all those odds have got bigger since I backed them last week :-(
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited July 2011
    have backed the home win

mcilroy @ 8/1 £10 win
    westwood @ 12/1 £10 win
    donald @12/1 £10 win

not sure about donald having won last week but since it was only 54 holes i think he'll still have plenty of gas in the tank.

be lucky.
  • Options
    jackdajackda Member Posts: 501
    edited July 2011
    In the end I've gone for... McIlroy £20 win @ 6/1 Westwood £20 win @ 8/1 Jason Day £10 e/w @ 28/1 *sigh* Just seen all those odds have got bigger since I backed them last week :-(
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yeah I fell for that  in the last major worse prices and only 1st 5 cos did it early.For that reason gonna wait till later in week heard that PP are offering 1st 7 and WH are gonna be guaranteed best odds or something,so will post later in week 
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited July 2011
    http://betting.betfair.com/golf/golf-events/british-open/find-me-a-100-winner-2-120711.html

^^^^ bit of encouragement for Colsfarts fans.

-----------------------------------------------------

Going mad this week, doubling my stake to a tenner !!!!!

£2 e/w  - Cabrera - 75/1

£1.50 e/w - Y.E Yang - 90/1

£1 e/w - Thorbjorn Olesen - 250/1

50p e/w - Mark O'Mera - 1,000/1

They will probably finish 1,2,3,4 but I'm not sure in which order, so gonna save money on the Quadcast.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    http://betting.betfair.com/golf/golf-events/british-open/find-me-a-100-winner-2-120711.html ^^^^ bit of encouragement for Colsfarts fans. ----------------------------------------------------- Going mad this week, doubling my stake to a tenner !!!!! £2 e/w  - Cabrera - 75/1 £1.50 e/w - Y.E Yang - 90/1 £1 e/w - Thorbjorn Olesen - 250/1 50p e/w - Mark O'Mera - 1,000/1 They will probably finish 1,2,3,4 but I'm not sure in which order, so gonna save money on the Quadcast.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Good value!! He is playing well
  • Options
    bandinibandini Member Posts: 1,802
    edited July 2011
    Having been one bad round off romping the last two majors I'm struggling to see past McIlroy. If I can get get 8/1 that should just about be value.

Poulter might be value at about 50s too.

Already on Ryo Ishikawa at an eye watering 379/1.
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,579
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: The Open Golf : I live just down the road from him, Posted by loonytoons
    I was at a wedding recently in NI and a mate pointed his house out (between N'ards & C omber IIRC) There was a golf course in the front "garden"!!

My picks are..
    Choi - 40/1 £10
    Goosen - 40/1 £10 &
    Streelman - 300/1 £10

pad
  • Options
    jackdajackda Member Posts: 501
    edited July 2011
    Backed a few outsiders(too many to mention)for silly little stakes and 4 with a chance so to speak.

Matt Kuchar@40/1
    Ross Fisher@70/1
    Justin Rose@50/1
    Robert Karlsson@66/1

IMO no point me backing the top three in the market as prices too skinny considering they have 1 major between them even though they are the 3 best players in the world on current form.Especially as the conditions are going to prove a pivotal part in who lifts the trophy come sunday evening.Whatever happens cant wait till the start.

GL all
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited July 2011

Going for Matteo Manassero e.w 8 places at 66/1

• Options
    ste1722ste1722 Member Posts: 299
    edited July 2011
    fisher 2.50 e/w 70/1 and yang same price the winner  think the long hitters willstruggle as the winds going to be blowin this weekend and straight hitters like fisher and yang have to watch for luke donald hes payin out of his skin
  • Options
    yuranASSetyuranASSet Member Posts: 485
    edited July 2011
    Going for a bit of Value

Manassero 5.00 E./W @ 50/1
    F. Molinari 5.00 E/W @ 125/1
  • Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited July 2011
    here i am in the ellesmere port home for the befuddled westwood 3£ win 10 2 1 scott jamieson1£ ew 250 2 1 jason day 2£ ew 35 2 1 nurse
  • Options
    jakallyjakally Member Posts: 421
    edited July 2011

Had £12 on Nick Watney at 38.0.... may add  a couple more before the off.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited July 2011
    Just put £5 EW on McIlroy - I know! but id rather have a winner at small odds than a loser at big odds, and he aint gonna let me down - get on now peeps, he will be 2-1 after tomorrow!