You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Open Golf

Comments

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,534
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: The Open Golf:
    Just put £5 EW on McIlroy - I know! but id rather have a winner at small odds than a loser at big odds, and he aint gonna let me down - get on now peeps, he will be 2-1 after tomorrow!
    Posted by loonytoons
    Right, I have taken your advice and had a £5 win outright on him @8/1
    And £5 place in the first 5 @1.75/1
    Makes sense?
  • Options
    bandinibandini Member Posts: 1,802
    edited July 2011
    Having been one bad round off romping the last two majors I'm struggling to see past McIlroy. If I can get get 8/1 that should just about be value. Poulter might be value at about 50s too. Already on Ryo Ishikawa at an eye watering 379/1.
    Posted by bandini
    Cheers SkyBET. Bump him out to double figures now and I'll put even more on ;-)
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: The Open Golf : Right, I have taken your advice and had a £5 win outright on him @8/1 And £5 place in the first 5 @1.75/1 Makes sense?
    Posted by wynne1938
    I dont understand this? i had £5 EW, total cost £10 at 8-1, so if he wins i get £60 (£50 profit) and if he gets 2nd-6th i get £15  (£5 profit)

You pay £5 win outright at 8-1 like me but £5 @ 1.75/1 EW, not my 2/1 (1/4 odds@8/1) if he in the top 5 not the top 6 like me, all on skybet?
  • Options
    extramanextraman Member Posts: 45
    edited July 2011
    If you want a live outsider for the open Darren Clarke at 175/1 is worth a shout.  One of the best players in the wind around.  Dont write off Sergio either.
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,241
    edited July 2011
    These are my 1st round leader bets

G Woodland - £1.50 EW at 1501
    S dyson     £1 EW at 125/1
    K.J Choi     £1 at 45/1
    J Daly        £1 ew at 300/1
    F Jacobsen  £1.50 Ew at 661

cant beleive i backed Daly at 470/1 outright as he,s now 1000/1

I always go overboard with The Open but my main bets are Donald, Goosen, Mannesero ,both the Hansens , Overton (hits the ball low ), Mickleson , K J Choi , W Simpson , Daly , Storm and Stricker - about half the field basically

GL folks
  • Options
    jakallyjakally Member Posts: 421
    edited July 2011

Added KJ Choi, £20 @ 50.0.

GL to everyone having a punt.

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited July 2011
    It's quite boring watching linx golf....

Why isn't the grass greener?
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited July 2011
    It's quite boring watching linx golf.... Why isn't the grass greener?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    it is on the other side ;-)
  • Options
    wilco40wilco40 Member Posts: 119
    edited July 2011
    I backed Westwood £12.50 each way at 12/1 and had a cheeky £3 each way on Simon Dyson at 175/1 as he is an excellent links player.  Dyson -2 after first round....keep it up fella!!!! :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I backed Westwood £12.50 each way at 12/1 and had a cheeky £3 each way on Simon Dyson at 175/1 as he is an excellent links player.  Dyson -2 after first round....keep it up fella!!!! :-)
    Posted by wilco40
    I missed that one - I,ve got him EW for 1st round leader - top 5 , but bogyi n h the last didnt help

Just put £2.35 on Andrew johnston at 15001 on Sky- He,s in the lst group, an englishman - the conditions will be as best they,ve been all day and hes got the advantage of watching it on tele to see how its playing

A more sensible bet would be to back him on the 3ball as he,s playing with a **** and a no mark american

One tip I would give is A baddely in the 3 ball tommorow

He,s playing with paul Casey who has lost his confidence and has personal problems of the course and Ben Curtis who,s kak . The guy on Baddelys bag though was  Ben Curtis caddy when he won it at this course

• Options
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: The Open Golf : I missed that one - I,ve got him EW for 1st round leader - top 5 , but bogyi n h the last didnt help Just put £2.35 on Andrew johnston at 15001 on Sky- He,s in the lst group, an englishman - the conditions will be as best they,ve been all day and hes got the advantage of watching it on tele to see how its playing A more sensible bet would be to back him on the 3ball as he,s playing with a **** and a no mark american One tip I would give is A baddely in the 3 ball tommorow He,s playing with paul Casey who has lost his confidence and has personal problems of the course and Ben Curtis who,s kak . The guy on Baddelys bag though was  Ben Curtis caddy when he won it at this course   
    Posted by MP33
    Had 20 quid on him at 2/1 and will stick with him for tommorow

Day 2 Bets

3 balls

L Donald   11/10
    R Sabbatini 11/10
    A Johnston  7/4
    I Poulter    11/8
    A Baddely  2/1

5 fourfolds at £3
    1 Fivefold at £3

=£18

• Options
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: The Open Golf : I missed that one - I,ve got him EW for 1st round leader - top 5 , but bogyi n h the last didnt help Just put £2.35 on Andrew johnston at 15001 on Sky- He,s in the lst group, an englishman - the conditions will be as best they,ve been all day and hes got the advantage of watching it on tele to see how its playing A more sensible bet would be to back him on the 3ball as he,s playing with a **** and a no mark american One tip I would give is A baddely in the 3 ball tommorow He,s playing with paul Casey who has lost his confidence and has personal problems of the course and Ben Curtis who,s kak . The guy on Baddelys bag though was  Ben Curtis caddy when he won it at this course   
    Posted by MP33
    Taken your tip and backed A baddely in the 3 ball tomorrow @2/1
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,324
    edited July 2011
    From the posts above none of you doing too well.

At l;east I got five who made the cut

Rose
    Fowler
    Anderssson-Hed
    Stricker
    Moore

dont think any will win tho

Father V
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited July 2011
    yes, can't believe westwood and donald missed cut.

at least mcilroy is still running.

have had £2 win on each of these for interest and value.

anders hansen 33/1

chad campbell 33/1

pablo larrazabel 50/1
  • Options
    dubmasterdubmaster Member Posts: 897
    edited July 2011
    how i missed this thread @ poker internet gone since sunday!!!!!!!!aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,i have kaymar and clarke backed this week
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited July 2011
    for added interest i've also backed clarke £5 ew @12/1

be lucky
  • Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited July 2011
    for added interest i've also backed clarke £5 ew @12/1 be lucky
    Posted by achill
    10/06/2011
     £2.00Open 2011 OutrightDarren Clarke @ 100/1
    COME ON DARREN!!

edit - post not working, it's £2 win @ 100/1
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    yes, can't believe westwood and donald missed cut. at least mcilroy is still running. have had £2 win on each of these for interest and value. anders hansen 33/1 chad campbell 33/1 pablo larrazabel 50/1
    Posted by achill
    I have followed you, and had a few quid on your choices.
  • Options
    kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2011
    I picked 5 and put just £1 ew on all

Donald
    Kaymer 25
    Choi 125
    Jimenez 200
    Bubba Watson 50

Also had my stake returned in a free bet for Donald missing the cut, so added Davis Love at 66

Obviously want Jimenez to win as I got 200-1

Would be nice to see Darren Clarke winning it though 

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Tried to copy and paste my bets in but it wont let me

About 70 quid down but got the leaders covered but my best result by far would be darren clarke

£2.50 at one site and £2 on another , both at 150/1  during day 1 to win outright

CMON CLARKEY

I want him to win anyway - top bloke