You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Get rid of Bountyhunter tourneys

-v--v- Member Posts: 34
edited July 2009 in Community Suggestions
They are a load of rubbish. The main daily MTT should be a straight-forward payouts for the top places only, top 40. That way bigger payouts to play for and the best players get rewarded.

Comments

• Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited June 2009

Hi --V- .. Yes i have to agree with you about the main event should not be a Bounty Hunter..I can see and understand the reasoning for the game (spreading the money around) however these are games that could be played before or after 'The Main Event".. I don't see how this attracts viewers for the 865 TV link .People new to poker who want to watch on TV or someone thinking of starting to play must get very confused ..Yes there's a place for 'Bounty Hunter" but not as the Main Event

glk bennydip2
  • Options
    THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Get rid of Bountyhunter tourneys:
    They are a load of rubbish. The main daily MTT should be a straight-forward payouts for the top places only, top 40. That way bigger payouts to play for and the best players get rewarded.
    Posted by -v-
    I agree
  • Options
    mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited June 2009
    couldnt agree more benny
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited June 2009
    Hi All,
    I think the Bh has its place, but the damage IMO has been done. There are far to many players using the the same tactics in both types of games. ie not being able to resist calling with rubbish and putting them in the hands of luck.
    col
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited June 2009
    Col - u have written my exact fears. Sky gets so many new players daily due to the TV station and all are being raised on the bounty hunter style of play.  How does that help evolve decent, well rounded players?
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited June 2009
    Oh...........and it's the current day British thinking - rewarding the 'taking part' rather than the winning by filtering the prizes right down the field.
  • Options
    -v--v- Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2009

So generally people agree? Bountyhunter is a load of rubbish. Sky are you listening?

• Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited June 2009
    totally agree with u mr mbro... anything for a piece of head...in mickjenn1 case that will £1,20 done his local high street! ;-) i much prefered the original mtts frezzeouts... u knew where u were and when u got reraised u respceted peoples play... not call for your gutshot to take £3.75...
  • Options
    mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited June 2009
    jim i dont have a high street remember got a caravan park hahaha ya  P I K EY
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited June 2009
    I AGREE ABOUT MOVING THE BH AND RESTORING THE OPEN TO ITS RIGHTFULL SPOT AS THE FLAGSHIP OF SKY POKER,I DONT AGREE THAT BH'S ARE RUBBISH BUT JUST DONT LIKE THE FACT THEY HAVE TAKEN OVER THE 9PM SPOT,MOST PEOPLE PLAY MORE THAN ONE TABLE AT A TIME SO BH COULD RUN AT THE SAME TIME BUT STILL HAVE THE OPEN AT 9PM.ALSO I DONT THINK MANY PEOPLE WOULD ARGUE AGAINST THE OPEN GOING UP TO £15 OR £20 BUY-IN..

WE HAVE VOICED THESE OPINIONS ON THE PLAY THE PRESENTER TABLES AND SKY DID RE-INTRODUCE THE PRIMO AFTER WE COMPLAINED (ALBEIT AT A SMALLER BUY-IN) SO SKY DO LISTEN,LETS HOPE THEY MOVE THE OPEN BACK TO 5/6 NIGHTS A WEEK..
  • Options
    _AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
    edited June 2009

Agreed... dont think the main tourn should be a bounty hunter at all, personally I think there should be at least one deep stack tourn at this time in the evening every week. Some sites break up these kinda tourns into 2 evenings as they arnt as crazy as the 7/10min blinds we have on sky. Just my personal opinion but allows more poker to be played.

Cheers

• Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited June 2009
    i agree  bountyhunter  not poker   should  be re named lotto poker  thats  all it is  push  with owt and  hope for the best
  • Options
    kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited June 2009
    Do we not want people calling us with their gutshots? Do we not want people chasing despite not getting the odds? Stop tapping the tank guys!
  • Options
    THETANKTHETANK Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2009
    No we don't kirstii, not to the extent they do in bounty hunters. Very little poker is played in them. The main tourny should be as it was Five o or The Open.
  • Options
    wba157wba157 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2009
    IF YOU DONT LIKE THEM DONT PLAY THEM SIMPLE.TO MANY PEOPLE ON HERE JUST MOAN AND MOAN, THE BOUNTY HUNTER IS THERE LIKE ANY OTHER TOURNY, SOME PEOPLE LIKE THEM SOME PEOPLE LIKE SCARY ETC, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PLAY THE TOURNY THAT SUITS YOUR GAME.
                                                     P.S     STOP THE MOANING AND PLAY POKER AFTER ALL THIS IS A POKER SITE
  • Options
    FBSFBS Member Posts: 131
    edited July 2009
    I'd say that BH tournies do have their place in the grand scheme of things.

Yes, the play tends to be very differant to a standard MTT, but that's generally due to the nature of the beast.
    Overall I would reckon that good MTT players ( and I'm not one ) will still do well at BH as long as they are aware of te other stacks at the table and don't make borderline decsions when it is your life at risk ( i.e if it is tighten up .. A LOT )

I'm a losing player ( cash wise ) in MTTs but I still average a top 20% finish , I just need to up my game a little more to reach that top 10%  and then progree a bit more, but I like BH as by trying to ensure it's not my life at risk I can at least usually break even ( or close ) on the buy in.

What I would advocate is losing  the Hot-o-meter ( or what ever it is called ) as I reckon this is a major reason for some players getting involvolved with "dubious " cards ( at best ) when it says things like A - 7 os are TOP CARDS !, I've started to keep an eye on it and can't really believe some of things it says ... try it and see

• Options
    penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,094
    edited July 2009
    Are u listening sky? Huge majority against BHs ! If u want to spread the cash around how about trying a few shootouts ? You should be encouraging good poker play, not lottery players. Its bad enough that the  Open blind structure has to be so steep without having guys in there that play it like a BH. Have u thought of starting the open earlier with a gentler structure ? TV coverage could pick it up at 9.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Get rid of Bountyhunter tourneys:
    I'd say that BH tournies do have their place in the grand scheme of things. Yes, the play tends to be very differant to a standard MTT, but that's generally due to the nature of the beast. Overall I would reckon that good MTT players ( and I'm not one ) will still do well at BH as long as they are aware of te other stacks at the table and don't make borderline decsions when it is your life at risk ( i.e if it is tighten up .. A LOT ) I'm a losing player ( cash wise ) in MTTs but I still average a top 20% finish , I just need to up my game a little more to reach that top 10%  and then progree a bit more, but I like BH as by trying to ensure it's not my life at risk I can at least usually break even ( or close ) on the buy in. What I would advocate is losing  the Hot-o-meter ( or what ever it is called ) as I reckon this is a major reason for some players getting involvolved with "dubious " cards ( at best ) when it says things like A - 7 os are TOP CARDS !, I've started to keep an eye on it and can't really believe some of things it says ... try it and see
    Posted by FBS
    Hi FBS ! Just switch that thing off !!! I did 2 years ago. I hear what u say about BHs, but playing them will not help your game. Get into MTTs, and raise your sights. If  u go into a tourny with the mindset of finishing in top 20%, or breaking even by taking a few heads thats all u will ever do. Play every tourny to win it, If u get close to the money dont worry about  creeping into the cash, aim higher
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Get rid of Bountyhunter tourneys:
    Do we not want people calling us with their gutshots? Do we not want people chasing despite not getting the odds? Stop tapping the tank guys!
    Posted by kirstii
    I agree with TANKS comments on this. Its good to have a fish on your table bot not 3 or 4 of them !
    How did u upload your bear picture ? I have a good penguin pic but cant do it !
  • Options
    JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited July 2009
    I prefer normal mtt's as well but don't hate BH games they are quite fun if you get on a roll knocking people out left right n centre i think for a bit of variety we should have at least 1 BH a week i put below a schedule i would like to see wonder what you guys think? 

Sunday's 25k gntd £50 buy in.( £10 sat's available for the smaller bankroll players)  
    Monday 10k gntd £20 buy in.  
    Tuesday 5k gntd £10 buy in. 
    Wednesday 5k gntd Bountie Hunter £10 buy in. 
    Thursday keep five-00  
    Friday 15k gntd £25 buy in.   

I believe sky has the player base to cover those Guarantee's fairly easily and that list above has enough variety to keep almost everyone happy i didn't put deepsatcks as sky have to finish at midnight it would be hard to finish unless they started at 7pm or something.