You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Get rid of Bountyhunter tourneys

2»

Comments

• Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited July 2009
    Donkey hunters can be fun, and actually i dont mind having 3-4 loose players on my table.

Eventually i will find a spot and get some chips... it has to happen.... doesnt it?
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited July 2009
    I can see from the posts here that there are a lot of players who don't like the BH Tourneys.  My suggestion to all of you is not to play in them if you don't like them and leave the rest of us to enjoy this new style of game.

Sky staff anren't bothering to read your posts anyway, if they were then they would have the courtesy to respond to some of them.
  • Options
    FBSFBS Member Posts: 131
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Get rid of Bountyhunter tourneys:
    In Response to Re: Get rid of Bountyhunter tourneys : Hi FBS ! Just switch that thing off !!! I did 2 years ago. I hear what u say about BHs, but playing them will not help your game. Get into MTTs, and raise your sights. If  u go into a tourny with the mindset of finishing in top 20%, or breaking even by taking a few heads thats all u will ever do. Play every tourny to win it, If u get close to the money dont worry about  creeping into the cash, aim higher
    Posted by penguin7
    Sorry,
    I didn't mean that my target was the top 20%, it's not.
    When I enter any MTT it's with the intention of winning, the 20% figure is where i feel my game is at at present and I feel that to be a winning player my next target should be top 10% as that is where the money is,
    By Target I mean to consistantly finish in top 10% not just now and again.
    But I do find in BH the rules ( for want of a better word ) for getting into the money are somewhat differant.
    At the end of the day I play mainly for fun and if I stop having fun in BH (or any other game ) then I would stop playing it

Strangley enough when it comes to live play at my local club I do tend to be a winning player with regular top 10% placings ... and a clear profit over the last year since I started playing regularly.

Maybe I'm not cut out for online play ... or maybe I just play in a soft club, though I doubt it's the latter as 3 players have cashed for over 10,000 each in assorted live games in the last 12 months and there have been numerous other big wins
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited July 2009
    Let's not get rid of the Bounty Hunters, just get them off the telly. I sometimes cringe when the analysts have to try and logically explain so many donk moves over 3 hours (and this is from one of the biggest donk movers in history).
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited July 2009
    Let's not get rid of the Bounty Hunters, just get them off the telly. I sometimes cringe when the analysts have to try and logically explain so many donk moves over 3 hours (and this is from one of the biggest donk movers in history).
  • Options
    eizeyeizey Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2009
    kirstii works for sky
  • Options
    jasonjeggojasonjeggo Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2009
    No we don't kirstii, not to the extent they do in bounty hunters. Very little poker is played in them. The main tourny should be as it was Five o or The Open.
    Posted by THETANK
    TANK HOW CAN U SAY THAT ?? UR A LOTO PLAYER LOL M8 !!!
  • Options
    kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited July 2009
    kirstii works for sky
    Posted by eizey
    I actually run sky from my hidden underground lair, mwa ha ha
  • Options
    JPDERRYJPDERRY Member Posts: 112
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Get rid of Bountyhunter tourneys:
    They are a load of rubbish. The main daily MTT should be a straight-forward payouts for the top places only, top 40. That way bigger payouts to play for and the best players get rewarded.
    Posted by -v-
    took the words right out of my mouth,1k bh and up keep them scrap the rest ruining the mtt pots, and the grtds keep going down?