You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Lag

luvBWFCluvBWFC Member Posts: 763
edited September 2011 in Community Help & Advice
I have been having an issue sometimes where when it is my turn to act the session just sits there, then rapidly catches up with itself, leaving me withjust a sliver of time to act. I have had this issue using the client and playing through the browser (Firefox).

I only get this issue on the notebook, not the desktop. Other internet resources work OK so I think my wireless network is OK. Anythung I should try?

Regards

Carl

Comments

• wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,552
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Lag:
    I have been having an issue sometimes where when it is my turn to act the session just sits there, then rapidly catches up with itself, leaving me withjust a sliver of time to act. I have had this issue using the client and playing through the browser (Firefox). I only get this issue on the notebook, not the desktop. Other internet resources work OK so I think my wireless network is OK. Anythung I should try? Regards Carl
    Posted by luvBWFC
    You are not alone , I get it on my desktop as well, every day.This has been reported so many times, just does not seem to get an answer!
    Does not happen on other sites(my opinion only)
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited September 2011
    If you only get this problem on your notebook then it's a problem with the network connection for your notebook or a problem on your notebook, either software or hardware wise.

• MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited September 2011
    Or it's simply your notebook processor isn't up to the job.

You should get task manager running by pressing Alt-Ctrl-Delete and select start Task Manager and leave it running in the background.

When you get the lag see if you can quickly switch to task manager and see what is consuming all your CPU.
  • kb245kb245 Member Posts: 435
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Lag:
    Or it's simply your notebook processor isn't up to the job. You should get task manager running by pressing Alt-Ctrl-Delete and select start Task Manager and leave it running in the background. When you get the lag see if you can quickly switch to task manager and see what is consuming all your CPU.
    Posted by Machka
    i have been having this problem recently.and never had this issue before even when multi - tabling.so can we stop blaming peoples equipment and get someone to look into the problem which of course will not be skys fault in any way.
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Lag : i have been having this problem recently.and never had this issue before even when multi - tabling.so can we stop blaming peoples equipment and get someone to look into the problem which of course will not be skys fault in any way.
    Posted by kb245
    The original posted asked:  Is there anything I should try?

What I suggested was for the user to do something to help themselves identify the issue, something constructive.

How do you propose someone looks into this problem that appears to be local to 3 people on this thread and maybe a few more?
    edited September 2011
    I have been having problems getting into the forums tonight, terrible lag. Also on the tables.
    Thanks for the tip about task manager I shall have a look at that.
    I have been playing on the DTD online poker site this last week, sky should have a look at their setup.
    Absolutely amazing.
    You can have full screen, mini view and no lag problems whatsoever, so cannot be my desktop computer.
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Lag : The original posted asked:  Is there anything I should try? What I suggested was for the user to do something to help themselves identify the issue, something constructive. How do you propose someone looks into this problem that appears to be local to 3 people on this thread and maybe a few more?
    Posted by Machka
    3 people my arrrse ! u must be on skys payroll . a typical sky answer.also there are countless posts on this subject so no it is not local to just 3 people.
  • belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited September 2011
    I have had problems with getting onto forum to just seems to hang on a white screen which is a new one.And have never been able to play more than 1 table browser or download without problems(and even 1 can stop and start).Had numerous communications with tech team computer spec and broadband speed should run 6 tables according to them.When i try multi tables they seem to stop click on them and they go into fast forward to catch up.So have resigned my self to never getting out of the micros because i would not feel comfortable risking real money.
    edited September 2011
    I have had problems with getting onto forum to just seems to hang on a white screen which is a new one.And have never been able to play more than 1 table browser or download without problems(and even 1 can stop and start).Had numerous communications with tech team computer spec and broadband speed should run 6 tables according to them.When i try multi tables they seem to stop click on them and they go into fast forward to catch up.So have resigned my self to never getting out of the micros because i would not feel comfortable risking real money.
    Posted by belsibub
    yeh. the stop start catchup explains the problem well but of course no one has it right!!
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Lag : yeh. the stop start catchup explains the problem well but of course no one has it right!!
    Posted by kb245

I've never seen the start-stop-catchup on the download client but did use to see it using the web client on my older PC, single processor, single core 2.8 Ghz processor.

It seemed to only happen when I had multiple tables open and it was always the out-of-focus (or behind) windows that would do the whizzy catchup when I switched to them.

That it why I suggested the problem might be processor related as I've not seen it on my newer PC (Still not an amazingly fast PC, single processor, triple core, 2.9Ghz).
    edited September 2011

In Response to Re: Lag : 3 people my arrrse ! u must be on skys payroll . a typical sky answer.also there are countless posts on this subject so no it is not local to just 3 people.
    Posted by kb245

The OP  also stated it only lags when on the notebook which points to a problem with his notebook.
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Lag : I've never seen the start-stop-catchup on the download client but did use to see it using the web client on my older PC, single processor, single core 2.8 Ghz processor. It seemed to only happen when I had multiple tables open and it was always the out-of-focus (or behind) windows that would do the whizzy catchup when I switched to them. That it why I suggested the problem might be processor related as I've not seen it on my newer PC (Still not an amazingly fast PC, single processor, triple core, 2.9Ghz).
    Posted by Machka
    On the download at its best 2+ tables action will jump to me and timer bar will be right at the bottom no time to act hand folds,or will just as you say the tables out of fucus stop click on them go into catch up mode but even the table in the front can stick.Spec Core 2 duo E6750 4gb ram ati 512mb 4850 sky 20mb(get 13-14 mb 50 ping 2 jitter) 
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Lag : On the download at its best 2+ tables action will jump to me and timer bar will be right at the bottom no time to act hand folds,or will just as you say the tables out of fucus stop click on them go into catch up mode but even the table in the front can stick.Spec Core 2 duo E6750 4gb ram ati 512mb 4750 sky 20mb(get 13-14 mb 50 ping 2 jitter) 
    Posted by belsibub
    Well with those specs it's definitely not that your machine is underpowered or an internet connection issue but I guess you know that.

These problems usually boil down to a software issue most likely a software conflict.  These can be an absolute nightmare to diagnose without having the PC in front of you to look at.
    edited September 2011
    How is your pc running the rest of the time ?

Have you scanned for malware lately ?

edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Lag : Well with those specs it's definitely not that your machine is underpowered or an internet connection issue but I guess you know that. These problems usually boil down to a software issue most likely a software conflict.  These can be an absolute nightmare to diagnose without having the PC in front of you to look at.
    Posted by Machka
    Yes you are probably right but have tried alot in that end to.I use tune-up utilities set for pure performance and using the turbo button which switches all back ground programmes and unnecessary stuff off and even that seems to make no difference lol.
    edited September 2011
    How is your pc running the rest of the time ? Have you scanned for malware lately ?
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Run kaspersky 2011 internet security everything looks ok in the green but might stick it on full scan over night and see if anything turns up.Only seem to have any problems on here surfing streaming video games all ok.
    edited September 2011
    I have just found and tried new freeware called GameBooster3.
    Try it ,it has helped me.My computer seems to be running much better!
    It has many utilities on it, creates a analysis of problems slowing down your computer, creates a report which you can upload,defragments, updates drivers, has a forum.
    Let me know what you think.
    It is produced by IOLo technologies. Google it for the link!
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Lag : Run kaspersky 2011 internet security everything looks ok in the green but might stick it on full scan over night and see if anything turns up.Only seem to have any problems on here surfing streaming video games all ok.
    Posted by belsibub

Make sure Kaspersky isn't running any scheduled tasks whilst you're playing.

edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Lag : Make sure Kaspersky isn't running any scheduled tasks whilst you're playing.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    I switch it to daily 8 am when i am playing.Nothing showed up on full scan ;-(.
    edited September 2011
    Is anybody else in your house using the net connection at the same time as you're playing ?