You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Miracles do Happen - ORFORD wins the Open!

Comments

• Options
    SAFCarmySAFCarmy Member Posts: 18
    edited October 2009
    Sky poker must be low on cash or somet and fixed the tourney for him to win.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,319
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Miracles do Happen - ORFORD wins the Open!:
    Maybe Orford should spend some of his winnings getting rid of that Frankenstein haircut?
    Posted by MH45706
    You, I'm starting to like. A lot.
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Miracles do Happen - ORFORD wins the Open! : Is that Kev - using Lower Case? Woo-hoo! We are honoured!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Lol, cheeky ,
  • Options
    LMLLML Member Posts: 1,708
    edited October 2009
    Thought I'd repost this here..Just incase anyone missed it ;)

TIKAY:

As to Orford, well, it pains me to say it. But he played it technically perfect, from start to finish. Like you, & many, many, others, I Railed him from 3 or 4 Tables out, & he was Billy Low Stack all the time. down to as little as 4 or 5 x BB's several times, he clung & clung, just waited & waited, tikay stylee, for the right spots to push. I don't buy this "you HAVE to shove regardless when down to 10 x BB" nonsense - you MUST wait for the "right spots", it takes great nerve & patience, & Rich did it brilliantly. In fact, technically, I think he played it absolutely perfectly, he did not make one mistake, or miss one "spot".

There, I've been nice to him. That's the last time. Ever.
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited October 2009
    Well Done Rich. You deserved the win.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Thought I'd repost this here..Just incase anyone missed it ;) TIKAY: As to Orford, well, it pains me to say it. But he played it technically perfect, from start to finish. Like you, & many, many, others, I Railed him from 3 or 4 Tables out, & he was Billy Low Stack all the time. down to as little as 4 or 5 x BB's several times, he clung & clung, just waited & waited, tikay stylee, for the right spots to push. I don't buy this "you HAVE to shove regardless when down to 10 x BB" nonsense - you MUST wait for the "right spots", it takes great nerve & patience, & Rich did it brilliantly. In fact, technically, I think he played it absolutely perfectly, he did not make one mistake, or miss one "spot". There, I've been nice to him. That's the last time. Ever.
    Posted by LML
    Lisa,

Thats bang out of order.

I deliberately Posted it on another Thread, where few would see it, & then you go & stick it on here, where Lord Gloat, aka Lord Smirk, aka Frankenstein Haircut, will see it.

Expect a hard time on Saturday night young Lady.
  • Options
    THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
    edited October 2009
    1.45am and can I sleep? Can I ever! Absolutely thrilled and a little bit in shock! Thankyou to everyone who railed me tonight- really, really appreciate it. And thanks to the other players in the game who were great fun and played great poker too. Got off to a flier in the Open but ended up one of the short stacks from about 100 players left down to 8th. Completely card dead for ages but just hung in there till I got a couple of nice breaks and then everything went right on the final table. What can I say? I've just seen a pig fly past the window along with Elvis, and the Loch Ness Monster. The moon also appears to be a healthy blue colour! Chuffed to pieces- and cheers to the Sky Poker community. You're the best!
    Posted by RichOrford
    Nice one Rich, well done.

Ed
  • Options
    MH45706MH45706 Member Posts: 164
    edited October 2009
    Just so people dont think im on the dole and on here ALL the time..iv currently got tonsilitis (doc says)/glandular fever (i think it is) so im not a work-shy freeloader...
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Miracles do Happen - ORFORD wins the Open! : Lisa, Thats bang out of order. I deliberately Posted it on another Thread, where few would see it, & then you go & stick it on here, where Lord Gloat, aka Lord Smirk, aka Frankenstein Haircut, will see it. Expect a hard time on Saturday night young Lady.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

ROFL, hmmmm suspect Lisa Marie will be looking forward a "Hard time" ;)
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Miracles do Happen - ORFORD wins the Open! : Lisa, Thats bang out of order. I deliberately Posted it on another Thread, where few would see it, & then you go & stick it on here, where Lord Gloat, aka Lord Smirk, aka Frankenstein Haircut, will see it. Expect a hard time on Saturday night young Lady.
    Posted by Tikay10
    A date? or is it presenting time ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Miracles do Happen - ORFORD wins the Open! : Hi tikay ROFL, hmmmm suspect Lisa Marie will be looking forward a "Hard time" ;)
    Posted by acebarry10
    I may even wear perfume.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Miracles do Happen - ORFORD wins the Open! : I may even wear perfume.
    Posted by LML
    Fantastic. I've just got a new TV with smello-vision - that will be great.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Must be reeking of the SWEEEEEET smell of success that Mr Orford is currently bathing in!!

*See...bringing it back on topic*
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Bleurgh.
  • Options
    MH45706MH45706 Member Posts: 164
    edited October 2009
    The smell of WD40 for those bolts in his head
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    Must be reeking of the SWEEEEEET smell of success that Mr Orford is currently bathing in!! *See...bringing it back on topic*
    Posted by LML
    What?
    Did Richard win something?
    Tell me more.
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited October 2009
    Just seen the headlines,mucho congrats and maybe time for an updated blog.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    AWWW  I missed all this last night, I was at a pool match!! Fantastic result Rich... Like others have said you get a lot of stick (Only because you take it well) we all know you can play the game and this proves it!!... Very happy for you mate, and it wasn't even the 7min blind luckbox trny :D
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Miracles do Happen - ORFORD wins the Open! : What? Did Richard win something? Tell me more.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Think you should ask Tikay Vince...He's DYING to tell.. ;)
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Miracles do Happen - ORFORD wins the Open! : I may even wear perfume.
    Posted by LML
    Hi Lisa Marie

Only perfume? (He says with a cheeky grin), tikay,s pacemaker wont stand it hehehehehe.