You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The 'Posters' freeroll

Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hey guys,

yet more news for you all!

how much do we love our community members?

find out here

Comments

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited October 2009
    what does everyone think of this then?
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    tis cool! as long as you are allowed to take part!
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2009
    are you not allowed scotty?
  • Options
    BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited October 2009
    Good stuff
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    Hi Rich

Sky come through again, long live the community, long live Sky Poker, I think tikay and I are going to be challenged now though :)
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited October 2009
    I do like the idea BUT (and isn't there always a but lol) I can see this as becoming one of those "closed shop" games with the same players qualifying week after week because they are the ones who make up 90% of the forum chatter.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The 'Posters' freeroll:
    are you not allowed scotty?
    Posted by webby234
    um read my post again :)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I do like the idea BUT (and isn't there always a but lol) I can see this as becoming one of those "closed shop" games with the same players qualifying week after week because they are the ones who make up 90% of the forum chatter.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    well surely this is an incentive for other players to come and post, as soon as most of the freeroll lovers see the posters freeroll there will be numerous threads asking how to enter then i believe after a few weeks there will be hundreds of posters battling it out.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    A valid point.  Maybe Sky could look into giving 10 places or so to the best posts of the week.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    tis cool! as long as you are allowed to take part!
    Posted by scotty77
    am i missing something?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The 'Posters' freeroll : am i missing something?
    Posted by webby234
    i was replying to sky rich, so my use of 'you' was me saying that sky rich should get a seat.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    Perhaps it could be renamed the webby234 freeroll because he seems determined to be in it!
    His productivity is astounding and I'm having a hard time keeping up.
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited October 2009
    hi guys

i think kiwi makes a valid point and that by limiting the freeroll to the top 50 posters, we are likely to see pretty much the same players earning a spot.  I like Scotty's idea of places for posters making valuable contributions, and would maybe go further and suggest that the freeroll be open to anyone meeting a minimum required number of posts in the week.  I know this idea would have its downside (people just positng enough and no more) but it would avoid contributors being disappointed despite making a large number of posts.

Imagine being the post bubble lol

Ray
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Perhaps it could be renamed the webby234 freeroll because he seems determined to be in it! His productivity is astounding and I'm having a hard time keeping up.
    Posted by MereNovice
    i normally go an another forum and ramble on there for hours but may as well do that on here now because there is a kind of reward
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited October 2009
    hi guys i think kiwi makes a valid point and that by limiting the freeroll to the top 50 posters, we are likely to see pretty much the same players earning a spot.  I like Scotty's idea of places for posters making valuable contributions, and would maybe go further and suggest that the freeroll be open to anyone meeting a minimum required number of posts in the week.  I know this idea would have its downside (people just positng enough and no more) but it would avoid contributors being disappointed despite making a large number of posts. Imagine being the post bubble lol Ray
    Posted by Buistyboy
    Good Idea. I totally agree with you. Perhaps up to 35 posts a week to qualify. That is 5 posts a day.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    yep, i agree that only meaningful posts should apply, sometimes 2 players may end up having a 'post chat' would this count as 200 posts etc when most may be answers such as yep, maybe, ok, no etc. (da mn, i could of got 4 posts out of that)
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    Hi guys,

Have read all your views I think (and I probably would be in the top 50 most weeks) that the most equitable solution would be perhaps 30% spot entries for quality topic creations/posts and 70% for number of posts. Then everyone is happy.

Dave
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    "Quality" is such a subjective judgment - it's likely to start riots.
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited October 2009
    Something needs to happen though as there are a lot of thread / posts happening in last couple of days that are blatantly there to gain posts  *cough* webby ;)

We're even getting cut and paste jobs becoming forum threads for some reason.

Can there be a nice % on quality posts please Rich rather than quantity?
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    Something needs to happen though as there are a lot of thread / posts happening in last couple of days that are blatantly there to gain posts  *cough* webby ;) We're even getting cut and paste jobs becoming forum threads for some reason. Can there be a nice % on quality posts please Rich rather than quantity?
    Posted by phil12uk
    Really?!?! ;)