You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

is a win a win?? or is it important how you win

2»

Comments

• Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: is a win a win?? or is it important how you win:
    I used to play a lot of DYMs and was very successful at them.  I can see what Jingle and Col are saying in this situation.  I personally find it completely pointless to build a side pot on the bubble when a guy is all in.  As Jingle stated, I can come 3rd or 1st and I'll still get the same.  However, if I am uber strong (as was the case here) I may put in little bets. My reasoning would be that if the shortie does miraculously win the hand, then I am more than certain to have the 2nd best, thus increasing my chips and damaging another opponent as the bubble would still be in play. However, I also understand Jingle's frustratiuons at the guy who also went all in with a very moderate hand. that type of betting is just ridiculous.  Col it certinainly is not a team game and no one can use the chat boxes to state 'check it down' etc However, the unspoken rule of poker is to never bet into a dry side pot when someone is allin.  Same rule applies here in order to achieve the objective of a DYM - cashing!!!
    Posted by phil12uk
    Hi Phil,
    Dont get me wrong m8 i DO understand the points that are being made, but, and maybe i'm being thick here, I can't see how he is increasing the all in's chances of winning the hand. The caller got out of the hand when our hero hit and bet his aces full, so was only going to get beat by a straight flush or four of a kind.

I FULLY agree that, with only a moderate hand, you should utilise the unwritten rule to check down, but not in this case, imho. Also, i would never abuse a player for doing what was done in this instance with such a strong hand.
    For me the bet with a set is the one that is questionable in a dym, as that can be beaten if there is a flush draw out.
    col