You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

7 tables ok, 8 tables computer spazes and becomes unplayable

TWRAMYEPTWRAMYEP Member Posts: 351
edited November 2011 in Community Help & Advice

Hi, this is my second post relating to this, can someone confirm that it will probably be my system that cant handle 8+ tables on sky. It seems pritty obvious that it is because the lag sets in at 7 tables and at 8 they become unplayable. Its probablies skys client that eats all the comp. resorces. 

Note: I 24 table no problem on stars with HEM and Ninja and can run most graphical games OK on system  but im guessing its skys software thats CPU/memory hungry

Anyone know of a work around to get more tables running on my PC short of buying a new one/upgradding?

Thanks.

System
---------

Windows 7 32bit
2.40Ghz Celeron
1.5GB RAM
Decent standalone graphics card

Under windows task manager when 7 tabling
--------------------------------------------------

CPU: 50+
Memory: 530000K

Comments

• belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited November 2011
    It's not the spec of your computer mines is higher and i can only get 2 tables on a good day(i would kill for 7).Other things must come into play what they are i don't know.I been through everything with the tech team and forum geeks and am not asking for help anymore gl.
  • bigal36903bigal36903 Member Posts: 1,011
    edited November 2011
    i can play 7 tables fine but not 8...  my pc is very modern and checks the usage constantly. it is the sky software that uses alot of memory up
  • scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited November 2011
    try increasing the size of your virtual memory thru the control panel
  • The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited November 2011
    You need more RAM this can be aquired for about £10-£40 for desktops
    edited November 2011
    i could play 20 games but my pc recommends i dont as the sky software uses too much ram...   mr computer is brand new with the very latest processors..  it makes no difference anyway. would only get discon if i was winning
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited November 2011
    It could be any number of things causing this, the list is endless.

More RAM certainly wouldn't hurt, you should be running 2Gb at least with windows 7.
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 7 tables ok, 8 tables computer spazes and becomes unplayable:
    It could be any number of things causing this, the list is endless. More RAM certainly wouldn't hurt, you should be running 2Gb at least with windows 7.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    i have an i3 processor that has 4g ram . it is not the hardware. the fault lies in the sky side of the court
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 7 tables ok, 8 tables computer spazes and becomes unplayable:
    In Response to Re: 7 tables ok, 8 tables computer spazes and becomes unplayable : i have an i3 processor that has 4g ram . it is not the hardware. the fault lies in the sky side of the court
    Posted by bigal36903
    have asked this on the other thread too are you using the browser or download version

• AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 7 tables ok, 8 tables computer spazes and becomes unplayable : i have an i3 processor that has 4g ram . it is not the hardware. the fault lies in the sky side of the court
    Posted by bigal36903
    I and many other players can play 8 or more happilly without any issues so just point blank blaming the software or their server setup may not be correct.
    edited November 2011
    the software usage for sky is alot more than other sites.. that was the point i was saying..  it uses alot of ram

my system has a warning for how much ram is being used at one time and it will tell me if a certain program running is using alot and it has noted that sky poker does use alot..
  • Die_hardDie_hard Member Posts: 338
    edited November 2011
    Welcome to my world. Sky Poker uses 100% usage of cpu as soon as 4 tables are loaded. Utter joke.

When Betfair left Crypto and went it alone their new site was exactly the same. Fortunately they sorted it out. Shame Sky can't (EDIT - WON'T) do the same (I know 3 people with the same problem who now refuse to play on the site).
    edited November 2011
    Welcome to my world. Sky Poker uses 100% usage of cpu as soon as 4 tables are loaded. Utter joke. When Betfair left Crypto and went it alone their new site was exactly the same. Fortunately they sorted it out. Shame Sky can't (EDIT - WON'T) do the same (I know 3 people with the same problem who now refuse to play on the site).
    Posted by Die_hard
    hi there may seem a strange question but is this message a system message or a norton message?
  • sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited November 2011
    In Response to 7 tables ok, 8 tables computer spazes and becomes unplayable:
    Hi, this is my second post relating to this, can someone confirm that it will probably be my system that cant handle 8+ tables on sky. It seems pritty obvious that it is because the lag sets in at 7 tables and at 8 they become unplayable. Its probablies skys client that eats all the comp. resorces.  Note: I 24 table no problem on stars with HEM and Ninja and can run most graphical games OK on system  but im guessing its skys software thats CPU/memory hungry Anyone know of a work around to get more tables running on my PC short of buying a new one/upgradding? Thanks. System --------- Windows 7 32bit 2.40Ghz Celeron 1.5GB RAM Decent standalone graphics card Under windows task manager when 7 tabling -------------------------------------------------- CPU: 50+ Memory: 530000K
    Posted by TWRAMYEP

how u manage to run 7 tables on 1.5gb ram and a celeron cpu i will never know

....anyway get MOAR ram, i wouldnt have less than 8gb these days
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited November 2011
    In Response to 7 tables ok, 8 tables computer spazes and becomes unplayable : how u manage to run 7 tables on 1.5gb ram and a celeron cpu i will never know ....anyway get MOAR ram, i wouldnt have less than 8gb these days
    Posted by sikas
    No point him getting more than 4gb though with that system

Anyway is RAM really the issue or is it more lack of CPU grunt? I haven't analysed how much these clients use, but Flash is horribly CPU intensive. Using lots of RAM isn't a problem, but insufficient RAM will cause paging which will hit performance.

edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 7 tables ok, 8 tables computer spazes and becomes unplayable : hi there may seem a strange question but is this message a system message or a norton message?
    Posted by scouse_red
    Hi, not quite sure what you mean? I was meaning 100% CPU usage when I get the Task Manager up and clicking the 'Performance' tab. Obviously the usage amount changes every second - looking at in a bit more in-depth it seems to average about 95% with 4+ tables running, sometimes staying on 100% for a minute or so.
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 7 tables ok, 8 tables computer spazes and becomes unplayable : Hi, not quite sure what you mean? I was meaning 100% CPU usage when I get the Task Manager up and clicking the 'Performance' tab. Obviously the usage amount changes every second - looking at in a bit more in-depth it seems to average about 95% with 4+ tables running, sometimes staying on 100% for a minute or so.
    Posted by Die_hard
    ok so it's thru task manager which is the system and not a norton message {sometimes these messages come thru norton antivirus software) which is why i asked.

do you have an anti malware program such as malwarebytes installed if not could you install and run it,
    and also increase the size of the virtual memory page file on your computer it should typically be about 1.5 times the size of the installed RAM on your pc

edited November 2011
    and also increase the size of the virtual memory page file on your computer

Eh ya what? lol
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited November 2011

^^^^^   +1 ?
    edited November 2011
    and also increase the size of the virtual memory page file on your computer Eh ya what? lol
    Posted by Die_hard
    PM Sent bud
    edited November 2011
    ^^^^^   +1 ?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    PM sent Al