You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sitting out once won a double your money

ArchangelArchangel Member Posts: 169
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
I don't get why players will get in the final three of a double your money and click away whist the game is still in play. It takes one click to go all in then leave at least have the decency to do that.  I wont press the raise button like it's an xbox game!  Now you may think this is okay, but I don't is my opinion.  And yes I am well aware people are multi tabling people.  My god it was just alittle grip!  Some people need to get out more.  Hale

Comments

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Sitting out once won a double your money:
    I dont get why players will get in the final three of a double your money and click away whist the game is still in play.  It's worse than slow rolling.  I just type in "forget your flipping money then" and click away until they come back cap in hand lol. It's almost as bad as letting the clock time out instead of folding when you have been out played.   Oh and miss spelling swear words is still swearing to you young ones out there.     Mary
    Posted by Archangel
    Once they have reached the final three they have cashed.
    Therefore, for many people, there is no point in playing on.
    Other people decide to go all-in every hand at that stage.
    It's pretty immaterial really.
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    I think there are 2 points you are alluding two here.

Firstly, I think you are talking about the people who stay away the entire game hoping to cash. Yes this happens, It's just their strategy and to sit away the entire game rarely works. People who stay away at strategic points is different and I have no issues with this.

If you refer to those that have already cashed in a DYM, but then go, well, to be honest, they are not playing for anything so can feel little point. I tend to try and get top 2 to get the points but after that, it's all in time for me. By typing 'forgot your money?' wont really affect the player who has already left the table. I don't mind them going as I definately get at least second which is what I am looking for, if there are only 2 left, then happy day, I get top points and it shouldn't take more than a minute or two to blind them out.

Secondly, people who say they let the timer bar run out 'when they have been outplayed'. Again, I disagree, it may be that they have a very tough decision to make and have clicked call/fold just as it runs out. I know I have done that before. Or it just may be that they don't want you to know it was a complete bluff so make it look like they are thinking. Either way, I have no issues. If you are talking about those who 'forget' to click muck/show, then yes, this is annoying. Only as annoying as those who take down a hand pre-showdown and in turn do not show/muck.

Sometimes this can be done purely to annoy, and in turn, if they have annoyed you (which they obviously have) then it has worked, and ultimately it will not put you in the correct frame of mind and not on your best game.
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited October 2009
    I have to say i'm one of the people who annoy you i'm affraid. Once i've cashed i have nothing to play for therfore i shut the table down and let the other 2 have the league points if they want them, unless im chip leader in which case i'll push every hand just so i don't slow the last part of the game that much for the other 2. I don't really get why this annoys you as if your wanting to play these things to the finish to improve your short handed play then your better off not having someone there who doesn't play their a game in these situations. That would just give you a false impression of how good you are short handed. If you continue to play because you want the league points then again i don't really get your problem as you are more likley to pick them up if im sat out. As a stratagy for these things you have to see that the only point in playing is to hit 3rd, once thats done then it's mission accomplished and i'm better off starting another than wasting time on a game I have already cashed to the maximum in. Sorry if it annoys but it is a legitimate way to play them as there is no consiquence past 3rd
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited October 2009
    if there werent any points up for grabs, skypoker would be as well doing what other sites do and close down the table after the bubble. But given that there are points available, and you want them, then if someone drps out then that does give you more chance of winning them, as acesover8s says.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Sitting out once won a double your money:
    if there werent any points up for grabs, skypoker would be as well doing what other sites do and close down the table after the bubble. But given that there are points available, and you want them, then if someone drps out then that does give you more chance of winning them, as acesover8s says.
    Posted by Buistyboy
    They could just close the table immediately and give points based on chip stack, say 6, 4 and 2.

Then you would still get a few points if you collect them and there is no messing about with all ins and sitting out.

If you want to practise your short handed game, then sorry DYM's are not the way to go. Try a scary.

And if in turn, you want to practise your heads up games before going to a scary by playing a risk free dym to completion, then again, sorry, people are not going to help you do that either.

Sorry, I don't give free lessons, my time is better spent by getting the next one started.
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    There is a consequence past 3rd - the league points. Therefore the only factor that would induce some of/all of the players to carry on playing 'proper' poker is whether they want to collect league points. I often put out the feeler question, 'who wants league points'. I then make my own judgement as to how I will play my hands after any reaction to this question.

I personally am in it for the cold hard 85p profit of a 1.15 lol

• Options
    repton3repton3 Member Posts: 185
    edited October 2009
    I'm always all in everyhand after making top 3 in a dym. The league points mean about as much to me as the colour of the boiler suit that the chap that is repairing the cogs and other assorted machinery in the Sky HQ basement is wearing.
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited October 2009
    ALSO A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE MULTITABLING SO ONCE THEY HAVE CASHED THEY WANT TO SHUT THE TABLE DOWN TO FIT IN ANOUTHER.
    AGREE ABOUT THE SWEARING HAD 1 PLAYER ON A TABLE SWEAR AT ANOUTHER PLAYER FOR ASK WHY HE WAS SLOW PLAYING AND THEN GOING ON TO EXPLAIN HE WAS ROLLING A SPLIFF. WAS JUST WAITING FOR HIM TO GIVE DETAILS OF HIS LATEST STD AND THAT HIS STAFFIE HAD PEED ON HIS REEBOKS FOR THE CHAV FULL HOUSE   
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited October 2009
      Must confess to a strange one last night in a dym. For some reason my table would not load and i kept getting the black loading screen and nothing else. Try as i could it just would not let me on the table. I was getting very frustrated with the whole thing because all i could do was watch the lobby to see what was happening. What a result after 17 minutes the table was finished and i had come second. The easiest 20p i have ever earned. I do not like people sitting out to cash in this way and would not have done it myself apart from the problems i was having. But it does show that this can work, hopefully i will never be forced to do it again
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sorry, mate, it wouldn't have happened if I had been there.

Well, not as a result of my actions anyway. If someone is away on the bubble, I fold my BB to even a flat call because I don't want to fight over what is in effect, a guaranteed cash.

If 2 others fight over a pot, then more fool them.

I even folded my bb to tikay the other day, there had been an away all game, and with 4 left, and the away was down to about 3 bb. I was not going to risk £20.00 on it.

Sorry guys, but connection problems or not, I ain't a charity.
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited October 2009
     I fully expected to bubble in that game and i would have had no problem with it. I would personally blind out anyone doing that, so expect the same treatment back. But it does show that people dont think clearly in these situations, i should never have been allowed to cash
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Talon, I have seen it loads at 25p and 50p games.

I just don't understand the logic of them.

Effectively, you only have to beat 2 others from 5 to cash.  If I only had to finish top 3 from 5 to double my money every game, I would be a very happy bunny.
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited October 2009

Agreed. Easy money really. And like yourself Hale and Talon when someone is away and someone raises i always fold even if im BB with pocket Aces. why risk the garenteed cash.

Although ive been on the 2/4p cash tables alot recently so havent played many DYM's but i certainly wouldnt complain if i was on the bubble and one player was set to away

• Options
    edited October 2009
    I think there are 2 points you are alluding two here. Firstly, I think you are talking about the people who stay away the entire game hoping to cash. Yes this happens, It's just their strategy and to sit away the entire game rarely works. People who stay away at strategic points is different and I have no issues with this. If you refer to those that have already cashed in a DYM, but then go, well, to be honest, they are not playing for anything so can feel little point. I tend to try and get top 2 to get the points but after that, it's all in time for me. By typing 'forgot your money?' wont really affect the player who has already left the table. I don't mind them going as I definately get at least second which is what I am looking for, if there are only 2 left, then happy day, I get top points and it shouldn't take more than a minute or two to blind them out. Secondly, people who say they let the timer bar run out 'when they have been outplayed'. Again, I disagree, it may be that they have a very tough decision to make and have clicked call/fold just as it runs out. I know I have done that before. Or it just may be that they don't want you to know it was a complete bluff so make it look like they are thinking. Either way, I have no issues. If you are talking about those who 'forget' to click muck/show, then yes, this is annoying. Only as annoying as those who take down a hand pre-showdown and in turn do not show/muck. Sometimes this can be done purely to annoy, and in turn, if they have annoyed you (which they obviously have) then it has worked, and ultimately it will not put you in the correct frame of mind and not on your best game.
    Posted by Hale72

Your sort sightedness is talking my statement too far missing the point of a little grip.  I have never said that EVERYONE who lets the timer run out is doing it because they have been out played and am well aware that people are multi playing and I have said before that 15 seconds is not long enough.  Secondly I am not talking about strategy sitting outs and don't care if you indeed do have an issue with this or not.  Silly rabbit.  "Again I disagree."  I'll get over it
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I have to say i'm one of the people who annoy you i'm affraid. Once i've cashed i have nothing to play for therfore i shut the table down and let the other 2 have the league points if they want them, unless im chip leader in which case i'll push every hand just so i don't slow the last part of the game that much for the other 2. I don't really get why this annoys you as if your wanting to play these things to the finish to improve your short handed play then your better off not having someone there who doesn't play their a game in these situations. That would just give you a false impression of how good you are short handed. If you continue to play because you want the league points then again i don't really get your problem as you are more likley to pick them up if im sat out. As a stratagy for these things you have to see that the only point in playing is to hit 3rd, once thats done then it's mission accomplished and i'm better off starting another than wasting time on a game I have already cashed to the maximum in. Sorry if it annoys but it is a legitimate way to play them as there is no consiquence past 3rd
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    This annoys me because I wont press the raise button like its a xbox game.  I'll just click away too.  It is just my opinion and am entitled to it.  And no I don't think playing with three or two once cashed in a double your money game will improve my game!  What a stupid thing to type.  I believe (AGAIN MY OPTION OKAY" that when cashed at least press the all in button rather than just leave!   Oh and your spelling is abysmal.
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited October 2009
    I am quite happy if a player leaves the table after cashing. Why let other peoples action upset your game.
    The point about the timer bar is also of no consequence to me. If a players is slow rolling so be it.
    As for swearing in the chatbox. I just report them if it is meant to annoy other players.
    I have seen swearing in the chatbox which is banter and can accept that as long as it doesn't get malicious.
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited October 2009
    yeh, they may as well go all in, ur wright.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Sitting out once won a double your money : This annoys me because I wont press the raise button like its a xbox game.  I'll just click away too.  It is just my opinion and am entitled to it.  And no I don't think playing with three or two once cashed in a double your money game will improve my game!  What a stupid thing to type.  I believe (AGAIN MY OPTION OKAY" that when cashed at least press the all in button rather than just leave!   Oh and your spelling is abysmal.
    Posted by Archangel
    Do you think we touched a nerve?

Sorry, you post a thread here asking for opinions, we have given you OUR opinions. I'm sorry but I haven't read one single post that is deflamatory nor upsetting.

These are the opinions of some very respected forum members who spend a lot of time giving advice to others and in turn it may be a detriment to their own game, yet just because you don't agree, your idea is to upset us.

I am sorry, I thought I was giving genuine advice. If I thought this thread was going to turn to a rant and abuse genuine members, I shouldn't have bothered.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I also see you have changed your original post to cast more aspersions here.

Thank you, your comments are very much appreciated.
  • Options
    labrat64labrat64 Member Posts: 987
    edited October 2009
    Think you started out making a valid point Archangel, but then you got personal with some of the opinions that were offered. If it offends you that much why not sit out yourself, after all you've cashed and unless you want the points it makes no difference, and if you do want the points then your opponent sitting out is easier for you surely. Personally, i'm an all in every hand guy cos the league points mean nothing to me. Lighten up and take your winnings.