You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Anyone having a problem with the download this morning?

ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
edited November 2011 in Community Help & Advice
After the latest update I cant get the download working although it seems the browser version is running fine. 

Comments

• The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited November 2011
    cant get on download either was just about to post the same thing lol. I cant even play on the browser due to LAG.
  • richtearichtea Member Posts: 143
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Anyone having a problem with the download this morning?:
    After the latest update I cant get the download working although it seems the browser version is running fine.   
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Yes, I'm gonna try deleting and re-installing, see if that works...
  • richtearichtea Member Posts: 143
    edited November 2011
    It didn't work.
    edited November 2011
    well at least i know that isnt gna work. lol. guess ill just have a bath then go to pub :(
  • kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
    edited November 2011

Every time there is an out age I have to reinstall the download and today is no different 
  • NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited November 2011

I guess whoever was in charge of the maintenance forgot to switch the download back on...

• tierceltiercel Member Posts: 325
    edited November 2011
    It does say site down  for maintenance !!!!!!!

n Response to Re: Anyone having a problem with the download this morning?:
    cant download,,Great work sky..
    Posted by cleaverjim
  • scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited November 2011
    has no one had the message that due to site maintenance the download is currently unavailable,

seems pretty clear that there is work going on to me, and i'm sure that when it's completed it will all work again
    edited November 2011
    the work was scheduled for 3am to 9am if this was the case chris im sure sky would tell us. no word from them on the matter as of yet. its really annoying me as i cant play throo ie.
  • scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Anyone having a problem with the download this morning?:
    the work was scheduled for 3am to 9am if this was the case chris im sure sky would tell us. no word from them on the matter as of yet. its really annoying me as i cant play throo ie.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Don everytime i've clicked on the download this morning it has brought a box up saying that maintenance is being carried out and that they apologise for the delay..............so the work must still be underway and taking longer than expected, everything is working on browser versions tho, 
  • debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited November 2011
    Yeah i got the message when i tried to open the download , so as scouse said all of us should have been informed in this way , im sure it should all be fine soon.
  • Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited November 2011
    Same problem with download. Even reinstalled.
    At least I know its not just me!
  • cleaverjimcleaverjim Member Posts: 1,070
    edited November 2011
    It does say site down  for maintenance !!!!!!! n Response to Re: Anyone having a problem with the download this morning? :
    Posted by tiercel
    until 9am?
  • Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited November 2011
    The site is obv up and running as people are playing the tables. It seems that it is just the download that doesn't work.
  • splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited November 2011
    Yeh i got the same message when i opened the download....it said it was down for maintenance.

However i have tried to open the download several times since then and nothing at all is coming up. Very frustrating. Means i cant play properly now because i cant run 5/6 tables using the browser.

edited November 2011
    Yeh i got the same message when i opened the download....it said it was down for maintenance. However i have tried to open the download several times since then and nothing at all is coming up. Very frustrating. Means i cant play properly now because i cant run 5/6 tables using the browser.
    Posted by splashies
    i cant run 2 usuing the browser even on 1 i cant really get a game because it takes about 6 weeks to open the table.

Yea youve got same as me. I had to restart pc to try again
  • debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited November 2011
    Yeh i got the same message when i opened the download....it said it was down for maintenance. However i have tried to open the download several times since then and nothing at all is coming up. Very frustrating. Means i cant play properly now because i cant run 5/6 tables using the browser.
    Posted by splashies
    Yeah gotta say it would be 'nice' if we were at least given a bit of info in what is actually goin on , its a shame that they just never seem to do this.
    edited November 2011
    Yeh il restart PC when i know its working again Don.

I've sent an email off to the Priority Team. They usually get back pretty quick, will let you know what they say.
  • NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited November 2011
    this is a common problem, when the sky client fails to load the .exe will sit there still running, you need to press control + alt + delete, open task manager and end the process under the processes tab.

edited November 2011
    this is a common problem, when the sky client fails to load the .exe will sit there still running, you need to press control + alt + delete, open task manager and end the process under the processes tab.
    Posted by NColley
    ahhhhh tyty