You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Major betting coup against Sky

BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
edited February 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
The FA Trophy. Not everyone will have heard of it but it's basically the FA cup for non-league teams.

Sky bet are the only bookmaker offering odds on Chester to win it. The others aren't offering odds against Chester because they recognise they could get hit. Chester are a former league team who have become a 'phoenix' non-league club (they got expelled from the league then reformed. Easily better than non-league teams). They easily got promoted last season and are currently top of the league below Blue Square. They're a very good non-league side and are awash with money.

Sky stand to lose over a million if Chester win and are still offering 66/1 (a million on one book in non-league football is MASSIVE). The original odds were 200/1 but a lot of people have piled in (not for massive bets, but for £20 and £50).

Get on NOW! I've had £50 at 150/1

Comments

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited December 2011
    Good spot - Stuck a couple of quid on them at 66/1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    From a Chester FC Forum:

To those who don't bet this won't mean a lot. But to those who do, this is BIG.

Skybet are standing over £1million of losses if we win the FA trophy. This is directly from the horses mouth.

They offered us originally at 200/1 (so they claim, I don't know anyone who got on at 200/1) and have seen "a flood" of bets on us at 150/1, 125/1, 100/1 and 66/1. No other bookie will offer odds on us because they can't judge how good we are against Blue Square sides. This "flood" is mainly made up of tenners and twenties, but they've had enough to be staring down a million pound barrel.

Sky still don't believe that a non-conference side can possibly win, but our odds are going to be cut to 33/1.
    UNQUOTE

Chester are as good as any non-league side and are seriously over-priced. They're also the richest non-league side by a mile.
    Every other bookie but Sky knows there's something going on and won't offer odds on them (check it out on oddschecker).

Get on now.
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited December 2011
    CHEERS MATE GOTTA BE WORTH A TENNER OF ANYONES MONEY
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SKY ARE A LOAD OF GIRLS!!!

I just tried to put on a £200 bet on Chester at 66/1 and they nulled the bet! They said the maximum bet they would take is 60 quid.
    So I said "Ok, I'll have 60 quid at 66/1, and they said that the odds had just changed to 50/1!"

Big girls blouses!

It's now 50/1
    http://www.skybet.com/betting/football/fa-trophy/fa-trophy-2011-2012/e13286251.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The maximum they will now take is 75 quid at 40/1.

FOOK me! This is happening quickly!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Major betting coup against Sky:
    The maximum they will now take is 75 quid at 40/1. FOOK me! This is happening quickly!
    Posted by BigBluster
    YEAH I GOT 66/1 JUST BEFORE I POSTED ON HEAR WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW LONG TILL SKY TAKE THEM OUT OF THE BETTING
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    gotta be 40/1 for a reason i love my footy but they got a 40/1s chance of winning it lol
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    You're completely missing the point mate. In these days of betting exchanges you can always lay them off.
    Those guys who got 66 can lay it off at 40 and make a killing.
  • Options
    WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
    edited December 2011
    Coral now laying at 66/1

FML
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WON 5-1 AWAY IN THE FIRST ROUND ON SATURDAY
  • Options
    helmie1helmie1 Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2011
    can't find a link to FA TROPHY on skybet
  • Options
    kennybadkennybad Member Posts: 777
    edited December 2011
     i cant find a link to fa trophy
  • Options
    wilco40wilco40 Member Posts: 119
    edited December 2011
     i cant find a link to fa trophy
    Posted by kennybad
    Corals are offering 50/1.  I got 66/1 last week so they have obviously come down after their win at the weekend.
  • Options
    edited January 2012

Skybet are now 20/1 on Chester

http://www.skybet.com/betting/football/fa-trophy/t871.html

All you lucky guys who got on at 66 (or even 200 or 150 for the select few) can now cash in.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Skybet are now 20/1 on Chester http://www.skybet.com/betting/football/fa-trophy/t871.html All you lucky guys who got on at 66 (or even 200 or 150 for the select few) can now cash in.
    Posted by BigBluster
     anyone know Whens the next round?
  • Options
    Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited January 2012
    Skybet are now 20/1 on Chester http://www.skybet.com/betting/football/fa-trophy/t871.html All you lucky guys who got on at 66 (or even 200 or 150 for the select few) can now cash in.
    Posted by BigBluster
    I am a noob at betting, how do people go about cashing in due to the odds changing?

Would be nice to know for next time there's a good money making post like this : )
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Major betting coup against Sky : I am a noob at betting, how do people go about cashing in due to the odds changing? Would be nice to know for next time there's a good money making post like this : )
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO CASH IN ON A BET LIKE THIS

1. IF SAY YOU HAVE £200 AT 200/1 YOU HAVE £40,000 COMING IF THEY WIN IT. YOU CAN BET SMALLER AMOUNTS ON THE REST OF THE FIELD TO COVER YOU INITIAL BET OR BETTER STILL ENSURE YOU MAKE A FEW GRAND BY SPLITTING £20,000 ON THE REST OF THE TEAMS THAT WAY YOUR EITHER £20,000 UP IF CHESTER WIN OR £4,000 OR £5,000 IF THEY DONT.

2. LAY (OFFER ODDS) ON ONE OF THE BETTING EXCHANGE SITE AT LOWER ODDS THAN YOUR ORIGINAL BET I.E 20/1 THIS WAY YOU ARE GUARANTEED £2,000 BACK MINUS THE EXCHANGES COMMISSION.

THE LONGER YOU HOLD YOUR NEVRE BY NOT LAYING IT OFF THE MORE YOU MAKE. THE RISK WITH THIS IS IF CHESTER GO OUT AND YOUVE NOT LAYED ENOUGH OFF YOUR IN BIG TROUBLE!
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Major betting coup against Sky : THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO CASH IN ON A BET LIKE THIS 1. IF SAY YOU HAVE £200 AT 200/1 YOU HAVE £40,000 COMING IF THEY WIN IT. YOU CAN BET SMALLER AMOUNTS ON THE REST OF THE FIELD TO COVER YOU INITIAL BET OR BETTER STILL ENSURE YOU MAKE A FEW GRAND BY SPLITTING £20,000 ON THE REST OF THE TEAMS THAT WAY YOUR EITHER £20,000 UP IF CHESTER WIN OR £4,000 OR £5,000 IF THEY DONT. 2. LAY (OFFER ODDS) ON ONE OF THE BETTING EXCHANGE SITE AT LOWER ODDS THAN YOUR ORIGINAL BET I.E 20/1 THIS WAY YOU ARE GUARANTEED £2,000 BACK MINUS THE EXCHANGES COMMISSION. THE LONGER YOU HOLD YOUR NEVRE BY NOT LAYING IT OFF THE MORE YOU MAKE. THE RISK WITH THIS IS IF CHESTER GO OUT AND YOUVE NOT LAYED ENOUGH OFF YOUR IN BIG TROUBLE!
    Posted by BADBOY985

well maybe  not in big trouble, you'll lose your 2 hundred quid............ or the equivalent of Portsmouth F.C !!!!  ; ) sorry could'nt resist!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2012

dont give up the day job

also if you havent laid off correctly you would loose over £200

• Options
    edited January 2012

it was clearly a joke lighten up.............. theres no way Pompey are worth 200 quid

• Options
    edited January 2012
    dont give up the day job also if you havent laid off correctly you would loose over £200
    Posted by BADBOY985
    THE LONGER YOU HOLD YOUR NEVRE BY NOT LAYING IT OFF THE MORE YOU MAKE. THE RISK WITH THIS IS IF CHESTER GO OUT AND YOUVE NOT LAYED ENOUGH OFF YOUR IN BIG TROUBLE!

these 2 statements are in complete contradiction so just thought I would bring them to your attention - the initial statement to which I quite rightly stated max to lose is 200 quid is correct - Chester cannot win competion once their out (unless they enter X factor) and therefore max you can lose and i quote "for holding your nerve and not having laid enough" is 200 quid.  thank you