You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Major betting coup against Sky

2»

Comments

• Options
    Poker_FailPoker_Fail Member Posts: 1,755
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Major betting coup against Sky:
    In Response to Re: Major betting coup against Sky : THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO CASH IN ON A BET LIKE THIS 1. IF SAY YOU HAVE £200 AT 200/1 YOU HAVE £40,000 COMING IF THEY WIN IT. YOU CAN BET SMALLER AMOUNTS ON THE REST OF THE FIELD TO COVER YOU INITIAL BET OR BETTER STILL ENSURE YOU MAKE A FEW GRAND BY SPLITTING £20,000 ON THE REST OF THE TEAMS THAT WAY YOUR EITHER £20,000 UP IF CHESTER WIN OR £4,000 OR £5,000 IF THEY DONT. 2. LAY (OFFER ODDS) ON ONE OF THE BETTING EXCHANGE SITE AT LOWER ODDS THAN YOUR ORIGINAL BET I.E 20/1 THIS WAY YOU ARE GUARANTEED £2,000 BACK MINUS THE EXCHANGES COMMISSION. THE LONGER YOU HOLD YOUR NEVRE BY NOT LAYING IT OFF THE MORE YOU MAKE. THE RISK WITH THIS IS IF CHESTER GO OUT AND YOUVE NOT LAYED ENOUGH OFF YOUR IN BIG TROUBLE!
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Do you have to do this on a different site then? if so any reccomendations?

Thanks for the info : )
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited January 2012
    how can you bet on every 1 else and win u cant the bookies alays have an edge its not 100 per cent usually 120 per cent so bookies get an extra 20 per cent for instance in a grehound race should all be 5/1 agreed because its a 6 dog race and should be 5/1 each but its not u be lucky if u get 7/2 the field i worked in a bookeies for 5 years i know how this works u might aswell just let ya bet ride on chester u wnt be profitable betting all the other teams in the competition trust me 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    as i understand it your original bet at 100/1 would not effect the bookies pecentage if the current price is 20/1.
    i get your point about not laying it off ive got £10 at 66/1 and would only look at laying it if they get to the semfinals.
    the original question was asking how you could make money on the bet but as you well know its always a big could
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Major betting coup against Sky : Do you have to do this on a different site then? if so any reccomendations? Thanks for the info : )
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    yes somewhere like betfair
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Major betting coup against Sky : THE LONGER YOU HOLD YOUR NEVRE BY NOT LAYING IT OFF THE MORE YOU MAKE. THE RISK WITH THIS IS IF CHESTER GO OUT AND YOUVE NOT LAYED ENOUGH OFF YOUR IN BIG TROUBLE! these 2 statements are in complete contradiction so just thought I would bring them to your attention - the initial statement to which I quite rightly stated max to lose is 200 quid is correct - Chester cannot win competion once their out (unless they enter X factor) and therefore max you can lose and i quote "for holding your nerve and not having laid enough" is 200 quid.  thank you
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    if you start laying the bet off you have to risk more money if you dont cover all the possible winners corretly you
    would loose more than £200.
    the longer you dont lay off, the shorter odds you can offer if chester get to the semis the maximum price you would have to offer would be about 3/1 so you risk is less and reward is more at the semi final stage
  • Options
    DUNMIDOSHDUNMIDOSH Member Posts: 1,473
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Major betting coup against Sky : if you start laying the bet off you have to risk more money if you dont cover all the possible winners corretly you would loose more than £200. the longer you dont lay off, the shorter odds you can offer if chester get to the semis the maximum price you would have to offer would be about 3/1 so you risk is less and reward is more at the semi final stage
    Posted by BADBOY985
    I'm confused!
    If you have £50 at 150/1 to win you have a potential £7,500 return
    If you opened a betfair account and laid Chester at 20/1 up to £200 with a liability of £4,000
    you can at least ensure a £200 return if they lose and £3,700 return if they win
    or am I missing something?
  • Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited January 2012
    You people would seriously use betfair after what they did? £23mil (ish) and all bets are void.
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited January 2012
    That was a well iffy situation! if you have a horse cross the the line and can still get 28/1 on it!!! I tried it for £10 but knew i probably wouldn't get paid out on it! but just in case!!!!made the bet.
  • Options
    JIMMYRED2JIMMYRED2 Member Posts: 54
    edited January 2012
    big bluster wouldnt it of been a good idea to put bets on before posting this blog pointing all this out anyway 50's will still be very nice if they do go on to win it

• Options
    edited January 2012
    big bluster wouldnt it of been a good idea to put bets on before posting this blog pointing all this out anyway 50's will still be very nice if they do go on to win it
    Posted by JIMMYRED2
    he got £50 at 150/1 not 50/1
  • Options
    wilco40wilco40 Member Posts: 119
    edited January 2012

Well worth a go I suppose...always next season :-)

• Options
    djblacke04djblacke04 Member Posts: 1,778
    edited January 2012
    You people would seriously use betfair after what they did? £23mil (ish) and all bets are void.
    Posted by freechips1

lol 23 million r u sure?

check if i were u..

• Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited January 2012
    On the day skysports spoke to J,McCririck and he said it was in the region of £23mil, this was just after the race.
    I have heard that they have done a u turn on this and are now paying out some of the bets.  I asume all the in play (29/1) will be paid but all the bets taken once the horse had won will be void.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

I missed this is it still on?
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited February 2012
    Posted by djblacke04
    Nope, Chester are out of the competition.
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited February 2012
    Posted by djblacke04
    lol the whole point of the post was get on within the next few minutes at time of post as price kept detracting, you'd have no doubt noticed that if you'd read the post from the start.  it was put up at the start of december for crying out loud!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Major betting coup against Sky : lol the whole point of the post was get on within the next few minutes at time of post as price kept detracting, you'd have no doubt noticed that if you'd read the post from the start.  it was put up at the start of december for crying out loud!!!!
    Posted by BELL_POKER

wow i cant believe i missed out- the whole point was to drive the betting price down by betting on them to win.../?

you guys must have cleaned up, with all that betting,but hold on

dont they have to win?

you guys must be millionaires by now

• Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited February 2012
    i was talking to people who watch chester every week and they toldme promotion is the key and goin to gravesend was a trip too far valiant effort tho and also keep your money in your pocket
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Major betting coup against Sky : wow i cant believe i missed out- the whole point was to drive the betting price down by betting on them to win.../? you guys must have cleaned up, with all that betting,but hold on dont they have to win? you guys must be millionaires by now
    Posted by djblacke04
    not for the purposes of the post no - them being well fancied etc was going to impact on toiher peoples perception of them and the value that they were to win the comp, i.e 20/1 shots, not 10 times that, so stake enough to cover a free bet and or profit, then lay the rest at the more likely 20/1 ish when all the 200 or 100 or wahtever it was was eaten up!