You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Sky Poker Halloween Treat is Champion

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,321
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

Yes, it's Halloween (whatever that is), & Sky Poker are Treat-ing us to an evening with Sarah Champion, on the new biggerer betterer fasterer longerer 4 hour Live Show tonight, which starts at 8pm.

Hour One will be mainly focusing on tonight's 8pm Main Event, the 2,000 chip 10 minute Blind Saturday Night Open. Entry Fee is £11, so that's tidy value, as it has a Guarantee of £7,000, which Sky Poker have increased by 25% to £8,750.

Hour Two will be more of the Open, & a few hands from tonight's SPT Semi-Final. which costs £24 to Enter (1 in 5 get a Seat) & starts at 9.30pm.

Hour Three will have is Rinse Repeat, except replace SPT Semi coverage with Primo Semi-Final. That one starts at 9.45 tonight, costs £7, & is another 1 seat in 5 jobbie.  

Hour Four we'll major on the Open, with, all being well, a few Updates on the SPT & Primo Semi's, & maybe see who qualified in each, time permitting.

And it's Saturday, so we have two Phone Guests, both of them Sky Poker veterans - Mr Mbro, & DELTA. I imagine they will ring in 3 or 4 times each, depending on how they get on in their Tourneys.

Anyone know how DELTA chose his Alias, by the way?

If you do, e-Mail the answer to skyopen@bskyb.com

I don't think we have any Prizes for e-Mails tronight, but Sarah will read out as many as she can, so it's not all bad.

Tonight's Producer is 'Ling, so that means we have TWO Champions tonight. See what I did there?

Finally, a word about Mark Banin, who was scheduled to do tonight's Show in the Analyst role. Sadly, he's unwell, & won't be able to appear, so join me in wishing him a speedy recovery.

And that means I have picked up tonight's Show as a "spare", & get to spend all evening with Sarah. I run good, I know.

Enjoy. I will. ;)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2009

If you have Questions for Sarah, either e-Mail them to skyopen@bskyb.com or stick them on this Thread.
  • Options
    edited October 2009

What chance is there of  4-K-x Flop tonight?

Sarah was not best pleased with me me on Thursday
  • Options
    edited October 2009

PS - NO Pumpkin e-Mails tonight, please.

And don't make out you don't know what I'm referring to. You DO.
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited October 2009
    Sounds like you need anyone that plays a hand that has 4-k-x flop to send it in for analysis. 

how many could sarah describe before she got suspicious?

ray
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited October 2009

Sorry to hear Marks not well, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Tikay I bet your REALLY disappointed its Sarah tonight and not Richard lol

• Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Halloween Treat is Champion:
    If you have Questions for Sarah, either e-Mail them to skyopen@bskyb.com or stick them on this Thread.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Oh god, now i know i'm in trouble tonight lol

col
  • Options
    BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited October 2009
    Get well soon to Mark and have a good show to Sarah and Tikay
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sounds like you need anyone that plays a hand that has 4-k-x flop to send it in for analysis.  how many could sarah describe before she got suspicious? ray
    Posted by Buistyboy
    Oh YES!

Just e-Mail in & say summat like, "so, the Flop came 4-K-3..."

I love you Buisty!

PS - Why is there in "i" in"Buisty", please?
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    Hi Sarah, tikay

Get well soon Mr 78 off Banin, we got a real treat, we got Sarah presenting, and a real trick if 4 K ? does flop ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sorry to hear Marks not well, I wish him a speedy recovery. Tikay I bet your REALLY disappointed its Sarah tonight and not Richard lol
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Devestated. Ish.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Halloween Treat is Champion : Oh god, now i know i'm in trouble tonight lol col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Not wrong. The Bio you sent in describes you as "46"...... 

Bit of a creep is Col, too. Asked to name his fave Presenters & Analysts, he named 27 of them......
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Halloween Treat is Champion : Oh YES! Just e-Mail in & say summat like, "so, the Flop came 4-K-3..." I love you Buisty! PS - Why is there in "i" in"Buisty", please?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi TK

Theres an i in there because i'm a somewhat small chested bloke and dont want to be done under the trades description act. The belly is expanding at an alraming rate though.

And the boring reason is that my surname is buist.  I'll stick to the first explanation...

Ray
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Halloween Treat is Champion : Hi TK Theres an i in there because i'm a somewhat small chested bloke and dont want to be done under the trades description act. The belly is expanding at an alraming rate though. And the boring reason is that my surname is buist.  I'll stick to the first explanation... Ray
    Posted by Buistyboy
    Wow - really?

That's a name largely peculiar to Fife, no?
  • Options
    chrisbhoychrisbhoy Member Posts: 302
    edited October 2009
    The 4,king,3 thing was hilarious i have to say TK, reminded me of my younger days when i used to ask my parents for a fork and knife very quickly.sorry just felt the urge to share that!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Good shout tikay!

I seem to remember it originated in fife and means something to do with undertaking or some funereal thing.  might be a coffin maker actually.
    Quite apt for halloween night i suppose...

And its a name that most people seem to struggle with. I've been called mr boost, beast, burst, bus it, and most confusingly "cuisb", from various letter sending organisations.  Thinking of changing to smith lol
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The 4,king,3 thing was hilarious i have to say TK, reminded me of my younger days when i used to ask my parents for a fork and knife very quickly.sorry just felt the urge to share that!
    Posted by chrisbhoy
    Yes, but entirely unintentional, obv.
  • Options
    MH45706MH45706 Member Posts: 164
    edited October 2009
    Wont be able to play/watch  tonight..going out...dressed as Monty Panesar
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    heres a "genuine" email for your consideration then tikay...

I had AQ suited in a dym, and the flop came 4-K-3. "4-k-3!" i thought to myself. "Why couldnt i get a 4-k-a flop.  Anyway, I made a pot sized bet, and my opponent raised all in. "Hmmm, a 4-k-3 and he's all in! Could he have the 4-k nuts? How should i play this 4-k hand???

Let me know if i have taken it a touch too far tk

Ray
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited October 2009
    Wont be able to play/watch  tonight..going out...dressed as Monty Panesar
    Posted by MH45706
    Nice.....I had a date last night with a Spider, a Cat, a Witch and a Pumpkin. Seems to be a lot of them about at the moment.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Good shout tikay! I seem to remember it originated in fife and means something to do with undertaking or some funereal thing.  might be a coffin maker actually. Quite apt for halloween night i suppose... And its a name that most people seem to struggle with. I've been called mr boost, beast, burst, bus it, and most confusingly "cuisb", from various letter sending organisations.  Thinking of changing to smith lol
    Posted by Buistyboy
    Wood? Close.

With a little help from the love-child of Messrs Page & Brin, (two particular modern-day heroes of mine) I discovered this.....

This interesting and unusual surname is of Scottish origin, and is found mainly in Fifeshire. It is one of the variant forms of the English surname "Boyce", itself of Norman origin, introduced into England after the Conquest of 1066. The derivation is from the Old French "bois", wood