You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Time to take-on-tikay?

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,092
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

I'm doing "Take-On-Tikay" Tonight, starting at 10p 20p Cash, & moving around the Levels during the Evening, probably up to 50p-£1 via 15p-30p, & 25p-50p.

I'll be on 10 Seaters all night, so fill yer boots.

I'll field any questions, too, but please remember, it's tough to answer "Open" questions via the medium of the Chat-Box, but I'll always take them on the Forum.

7pm until 10pm. Hope to see some of you there.

Comments

• Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Time to take-on-tikay?:
    I'm doing "Take-On-Tikay" Tonight, starting at 10p 20p Cash, & moving around the Levels during the Evening, probably up to 50p-£1 via 15p-30p, & 25p-50p. I'll be on 10 Seaters all night, so fill yer boots. I'll field any questions, too, but please remember, it's tough to answer "Open" questions via the medium of the Chat-Box, but I'll always take them on the Forum. 7pm until 10pm. Hope to see some of you there.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony,
    You know i've been through a nightmare 12 months, in terms of results and cashes. my question is how should you handle a period like this.
    I am naturally a tight/aggresive player and a one point I did notice I was not playing particulary well, chasing hands, playing rubbish out of position, in an attempt to change things around.
    Help
    col
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    Good luck on your task tonight Tikay.
    Multi-tabling and chatting on every table is not as easy as you make it.
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    are you a good player tikay?, ive never played u.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Time to take-on-tikay?:
    are you a good player tikay?, ive never played u.
    Posted by nirvana29

Good? I'd say "competent" rather than good.

Surviving for 12 years is my greatest poker achievement, but I know my limitations, play a long way within my bankroll, & have never borrowed money (or been "Staked", in modern parlance) to play.

What I AM good at is enjoying the game. Which, if you think about it, is actually quite important.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Time to take-on-tikay? : Hi Tony, You know i've been through a nightmare 12 months, in terms of results and cashes. my question is how should you handle a period like this. I am naturally a tight/aggresive player and a one point I did notice I was not playing particulary well, chasing hands, playing rubbish out of position, in an attempt to change things around. Help col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    I feel for you Col - been there, done that, it's horrible. I went through it in 2004, & it was "character-building". To pay £1,000 to enter an Event & get Aces busted first hand by Tens in two consecutive Tourneys is quite hard to get your head round, especially as I work very hard to earn my money.

Then a guy asked me to play a £5k Event, he would put up 75%, at The Vic. Good, I played it, got busted early, (by the odious Mark Telscher of all people) & Mr 75% grimmed me. Marv.

It just goes in runs Col. And it's not much fun.

Just take a short break, forget poker for a bit, & you'll be surprised how quick it can change. And when it changes, boy is it fun!
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    Hi tikay

Hope ur chilled m8? :) guess ur still in deepies too, not feelin 2 good, so dont no if ill b round tonight, but will try :)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Good luck on your task tonight Tikay. Multi-tabling and chatting on every table is not as easy as you make it.
    Posted by apollo_11
    Thanks Apollo.

It's not just chatting - it's fielding questions directed at the PTP-er from EVERY player, on both Tables, simultaneously. Sometimes, after about 10 seconds, they type "?", like, "hurry up"!

I do say, a lot, "please don't ask us open questions when we are PTP-ing, put open questions on the Forum, & we promise to reply to them all".

Last night, to be honest, was a bit of a fraught experience, as some agitators got on my case. So the easiest of last night's "difficult" questions - & imagine trying to answer THIS in a Chat-Box - was ""tikay, whats the best way to play AK?". Well, I need to ask HIM 50 questions to be able to answer that!

One guy wanted me to sponsor him, (he asked 17 times) another said Sky Poker were "missing a trick". Hows that, I asked? "Not buying RedTooth Poker, right good bunch they are, you should try running a Pub Poker League.". Err, yes m8.

Then we had "tikay, my mate got chat-banned for life, he's a great lad, he did nothing wrong, sort it out". I suggested - 5 times, if anyone at Head Office wants to read the Log - he contact Customer-Care. Eventually, I buckled. "What did he do to get Banned, then?".

"Well, he stacked a geezer, it went off, so he swore at him. But the other bloke swore too". Err, Customer Care mate, but I could not resist saying tht if his mate went round abusing folks at a poker table, he'd get nil sympthy from me.

And then a guy said we were all "the Sky Poker Robbing Team". Yup, thats me m8. But you have to be cooey-wooey, see?

But it's not all "testing".

_MAGIC_ & I engaged in dialogue about the relative merits of the maintenance costs of the Traction Motors on English Electric Type 5 (BR Class 55) Diesel Locomotive. Worth the hassle for that alone.

There's not one job I do in Sky Poker that I don't thoroughly enjoy, relish even. And the bigger the ask, the tougher it is, the more I like it - I love tough challenges. and I know this - the PTP & T-O-T nights are far & away the most stressful things I've done in the last 10 years. When they finish, I'm a complete wreck.

So, thanks Apollo - glad you noticed it's not as easy as it looks. So, respect to all the PTP-ers, because it's the same for all of them. And that's before we get to the spite-calls & bluffs "because you are on the telly, like".

It's all part of life - rough with the smooth, & a bit of wind in our faces doing us no harm.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hi tikay Hope ur chilled m8? :) guess ur still in deepies too, not feelin 2 good, so dont no if ill b round tonight, but will try :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    Hope you soon feel better Baz.
  • Options
    chrisbhoychrisbhoy Member Posts: 302
    edited November 2009
    TK, i noticed your love for train stations etc, but have u been on those trains in Germany. Like a luxury hotel!!
  • Options
    LYDGATELYDGATE Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2009

Tikay

You must have the patience of a saint with those ridiculous questions.  Well done.   
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Time to take-on-tikay? : Tikay You must have the patience of a saint with those ridiculous questions.  Well done.   
    Posted by LYDGATE
    Hi Lydgate

tikay,s patience well surpasses a saint, beleive me :)
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    Hi boss!,

i sat an watched you for a bit last night an for an " old timer " you done incredibly well! how you do it i really don't know! you have the patience of a saint thats for sure. I think sometimes in life you try to be nice, but there are times when you should just "AV it" and be be as blunt as a butter knife an say it how it should be said. 

I know you probably got to be careful with what you say, but i am sure people would not be-grudge you that! jesus your only human after all!!
  • Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited November 2009
    _MAGIC_ & I engaged in dialogue about the relative merits of the maintenance costs of the Traction Motors on English Electric Type 5 (BR Class 55) Diesel Locomotive.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Traction Motors on English Electric Type 5 (BR Class 55) Diesel Locomotive, pah, Traction Motors on English Electric Type 5 (BR Class 56) Diesel Locomotive is where it's at, get with the times!

• Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Time to take-on-tikay? : Hope you soon feel better Baz.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

I must admit it is partly the fact I feel a little guilty, as you know if I can I will answer for you when you are knee deep in questions, but felt I was not really able to field some sorry m8.

If and when you have some spare time, I wonder if it would be possible to give me an idea on how to go about getting a sponsor if this ever does come up again (if it is not too difficult to explain that is) I could give them some pointers :)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    TK, i noticed your love for train stations etc, but have u been on those trains in Germany. Like a luxury hotel!!
    Posted by chrisbhoy
    They have Doube-Deckers - as do Holland - awesome!

I went to Frankfurt once, for a "romantic weekend", with the lady of the moment. I took her to the main Railay Station, & thought it'd be neat to sit in the carriages of some of Trains waiting to depart, which I thought woule be rather exciting.

The weekend subsequently became somewhat cool, frosty even.

It's very hard to understand the mindset of women, sometimes. They just don't get it. Nor, for that matter, did I.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Time to take-on-tikay? : They have Doube-Deckers - as do Holland - awesome! I went to Frankfurt once, for a "romantic weekend", with the lady of the moment. I took her to the main Railay Station, & thought it'd be neat to sit in the carriages of some of Trains waiting to depart, which I thought woule be rather exciting. The weekend subsequently became somewhat cool, frosty even. It's very hard to understand the mindset of women, sometimes. They just don't get it. Nor, for that matter, did I.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

The first man to work out the mindset of a woman is made for life ;)

• Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Time to take-on-tikay? : Traction Motors on English Electric Type 5 (BR Class 55) Diesel Locomotive, pah, Traction Motors on English Electric Type 5 (BR Class 56) Diesel Locomotive is where it's at, get with the times!
    Posted by Machka
    Fair cop, Guv.

Talking of getting with the times, I got a rather weird message yesterday - it was a "Public Message", on my Profile Page, so I guess it would not be indiscrete to C & P it here, as it was (is?) posted "publically".

The Gentleman has never Posted before, or since, on our Community, so it was all rather intriguing, that he'd come here especially, for no other reason, than to wish me well. Ish.

Here's what he said. Remember, it's already there for all to see, on my Profile Page apparently, so I'm not talking out of school.

"....MR MR MBORO WAS RIGHT ABOUT YOU YOU ARE A BUMBBLING IDIOT , YOU SPEND MORE TIME TELLING PEOPLE WHAT TO DO, IF WE ALL PLAYED LIKE YOU ALL THERE WOULD BE WOULD BE WOULD BE SLEEP STACKS & POKER WOULD BE BORING, BE CONSTRUCTIVE NOT DESTRUCTIVE, WE CAN'T ALL PLAY THE SAME. NOT EVERYBODY NEEDS TO SHOVE WHEN THEY HAVE 10 BIG BLINDS, YOU ARE OLD SCHOOL, GET WITH THE TIMES!......"

I'm really not sure if he's being nice to me, or having a pop, to be honest.

The Internet has changed the world. sometimes for the better, sometimes not.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Time to take-on-tikay? : Hi tikay I must admit it is partly the fact I feel a little guilty, as you know if I can I will answer for you when you are knee deep in questions, but felt I was not really able to field some sorry m8. If and when you have some spare time, I wonder if it would be possible to give me an idea on how to go about getting a sponsor if this ever does come up again (if it is not too difficult to explain that is) I could give them some pointers :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    Very honourable of you Barry, & all the PTP-ers really appreciate the help you give us all. But last night got a bit heavy, & it's unreasonable to expect you to get involved with that sort of nonsense.

I've been involved in Poker Forums for many years, & have had to deal with this sort of stuff from "anon" Posters all that time.

Anyway, let's not get all negative. Sky Poker is Smiley Poker, let's keep it that way.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Time to take-on-tikay? : Tikay You must have the patience of a saint with those ridiculous questions.  Well done.   
    Posted by LYDGATE
    Thank you Mr Gate.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hi boss!, i sat an watched you for a bit last night an for an " old timer " you done incredibly well! how you do it i really don't know! you have the patience of a saint thats for sure. I think sometimes in life you try to be nice, but there are times when you should just "AV it" and be be as blunt as a butter knife an say it how it should be said.  I know you probably got to be careful with what you say, but i am sure people would not be-grudge you that! jesus your only human after all!!
    Posted by margatemaf
    Enough of the "old timer" please. 

In my private life, yes, I'd give it right back, "in yer eye mate", but when you weear the Site Badge, you need to be a little more circumspect.

You, man, are the schmizz.