You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Time to take-on-tikay?

2»

Comments

• Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Time to take-on-tikay?:
    In Response to Re: Time to take-on-tikay? : Fair cop, Guv. Talking of getting with the times, I got a rather weird message yesterday - it was a "Public Message", on my Profile Page, so I guess it would not be indiscrete to C & P it here, as it was (is?) posted "publically". The Gentleman has never Posted before, or since, on our Community, so it was all rather intriguing, that he'd come here especially, for no other reason, than to wish me well. Ish. Here's what he said. Remember, it's already there for all to see, on my Profile Page apparently, so I'm not talking out of school. "....MR MR MBORO WAS RIGHT ABOUT YOU YOU ARE A BUMBBLING IDIOT , YOU SPEND MORE TIME TELLING PEOPLE WHAT TO DO, IF WE ALL PLAYED LIKE YOU ALL THERE WOULD BE WOULD BE WOULD BE SLEEP STACKS & POKER WOULD BE BORING, BE CONSTRUCTIVE NOT DESTRUCTIVE, WE CAN'T ALL PLAY THE SAME. NOT EVERYBODY NEEDS TO SHOVE WHEN THEY HAVE 10 BIG BLINDS, YOU ARE OLD SCHOOL, GET WITH THE TIMES!......" I'm really not sure if he's being nice to me, or having a pop, to be honest. The Internet has changed the world. sometimes for the better, sometimes not.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sounds like it was a pop .... Does it matter? you give good advice and it's up to people wether they take it or not. Advice at the end of the day is not law, it's just another point of view, it's not like your telling people they have to do it :) those that know you know different anyways ;)

" ALL'S GOOD IN THE HOOD "
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Time to take-on-tikay? : Enough of the "old timer" please.  In my private life, yes, I'd give it right back, "in yer eye mate", but when you weear the Site Badge, you need to be a little more circumspect. You, man, are the schmizz.
    Posted by Tikay10
    "schmizz" lol next time i am on the box i am going to use that ;)
  • Options
    DingdellDingdell Member Posts: 166
    edited November 2009
    Good luck on your task tonight Tikay. Multi-tabling and chatting on every table is not as easy as you make it.
    Posted by apollo_11
    You never remember playing anyone - it's the merlot affect..... ;-)

GL tonight Tikay - good to see you on Sunday at Luton enjoying a live game x
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,219
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Time to take-on-tikay? : You never remember playing anyone - it's the merlot affect..... ;-) GL tonight Tikay - good to see you on Sunday at Luton enjoying a live game x
    Posted by Dingdell
    Thank you Miss Dell - lovely to see you here.

May I say you looked resplendent in that frock on Sunday, especially the necklace.
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited November 2009
    Hi boss!, i sat an watched you for a bit last night an for an " old timer " you done incredibly well! how you do it i really don't know! you have the patience of a saint thats for sure. I think sometimes in life you try to be nice, but there are times when you should just "AV it" and be be as blunt as a butter knife an say it how it should be said.  I know you probably got to be careful with what you say, but i am sure people would not be-grudge you that! jesus your only human after all!!
    Posted by margatemaf
    Hi Margate,
    Having been in a similar position in a company, your every word IS jumped on and "corporate image is everything.
    There are many on here, me included, that Tony could and sometimes does, say exactly how he feels.
    Those people would not go running to the "suits" to get him into trouble.
    Its not easy to keep everyone happy, but Tony comes very close to do just that, I have never seen him dodge a question or chat to people, even when he is very busy at the SPT. He is a real pro and we love him for it.

col 
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    Hi col

+1, and an absolute gent
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    hi  mr mbro    bit  of advice   dont   chase  your   draws   loose  to  much   money  in  the  long  run 
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Time to take-on-tikay? : You never remember playing anyone - it's the merlot affect..... ;-) GL tonight Tikay - good to see you on Sunday at Luton enjoying a live game x
    Posted by Dingdell

TY Mr Kendall. It made a change to dress like a woman rather than a poker player. I knew you would like the necklace.  
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Time to take-on-tikay? : TY Mr Kendall. It made a change to dress like a woman rather than a poker player. I knew you would like the necklace.  
    Posted by Dingdell
    I did. What was it made of?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Time to take-on-tikay? : I did. What was it made of?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think it was wood. :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Time to take-on-tikay? : Hi Margate, Having been in a similar position in a company, your every word IS jumped on and "corporate image is everything. There are many on here, me included, that Tony could and sometimes does, say exactly how he feels. Those people would not go running to the "suits" to get him into trouble. Its not easy to keep everyone happy, but Tony comes very close to do just that, I have never seen him dodge a question or chat to people, even when he is very busy at the SPT. He is a real pro and we love him for it. col 
    Posted by mr_mbro
    i have also been in them positions, but still called a spade a spade! i think sometimes you just need to blunt with people when you have done the nice route. I was at the rail watching the boss last night and i don't know how he did it! i had to leave the table in the end or i would of said something :( he explained himself about 10 times and it still wasn't being heard by the customer lol.

Tikay already had my respect but it doubled in value last night!! i won't haver a bad word said about him for the effort he put's into communicating with us! i don't know many other presenters that would put in the hours he does with us common people lol since i joined the forum he has been a real gent to me and i will always be grateful for that.

True legend! when my bankroll allows me to will get on a table an kick his A S S lol ( YEAH RIGHT!!! ) ;)

an a special shout out for The boss " ALL'S GOOD IN THE HOOD " :)
  • Options
    UrdadiUrdadi Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Time to take-on-tikay? : I feel for you Col - been there, done that, it's horrible. I went through it in 2004, & it was "character-building". To pay £1,000 to enter an Event & get Aces busted first hand by Tens in two consecutive Tourneys is quite hard to get your head round, especially as I work very hard to earn my money. Then a guy asked me to play a £5k Event, he would put up 75%, at The Vic. Good, I played it, got busted early, (by the odious Mark Telscher of all people) & Mr 75% grimmed me. Marv. It just goes in runs Col. And it's not much fun. Just take a short break, forget poker for a bit, & you'll be surprised how quick it can change. And when it changes, boy is it fun!
    Posted by Tikay10

I take my hat of to anyone who can keep playing in those circumstances.   I know I couldn't. I can't. I find that when I am going through a bad run, the only option for me is to stop playing for a few months and come back fresh and trying to play my game instead of chasing it.

I am in awe of anyone who can make a go of this type of sport regardless, especially in the bad times.

You are an inspiration.
  • Options
    MajjMajj Member Posts: 99
    edited November 2009
    Tikay, in response to your question about the wheel on cash unlimited, that is if nobody has yet tried a better explanation.

23456789TJQKA

Any legitimate poker straight IS straight, i.e. you can draw a straight line through it. Apart from A2345, that is, where you'd have to draw the line from the ace all the way round to the start. So this is the only hand in poker where the ace is joining the high and low end, in a circle or in a wheel.

There's your answer. Probably.
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    Tikay, in response to your question about the wheel on cash unlimited, that is if nobody has yet tried a better explanation. 23456789TJQKA Any legitimate poker straight IS straight, i.e. you can draw a straight line through it. Apart from A2345, that is, where you'd have to draw the line from the ace all the way round to the start. So this is the only hand in poker where the ace is joining the high and low end, in a circle or in a wheel. There's your answer. Probably.
    Posted by Majj
    MY BRAIN HURTS!!!
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2009
    Tikay, in response to your question about the wheel on cash unlimited, that is if nobody has yet tried a better explanation. 23456789TJQKA Any legitimate poker straight IS straight, i.e. you can draw a straight line through it. Apart from A2345, that is, where you'd have to draw the line from the ace all the way round to the start. So this is the only hand in poker where the ace is joining the high and low end, in a circle or in a wheel. There's your answer. Probably.
    Posted by Majj
    urbandictionary.com gives a totally different definition...!! :-/
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Posted by Majj
    Best answer I've yet heard.