You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Must get post count up!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Must get post count up!:
    We're going to need a team of accountants to work out whose eligible at this rate. The fuss will die down after a while and only those genuinely interested in the wellbeing of the forum will rise to the top. As much as I agree with a lot of what is being said, it's an open forum and if someone wants to talk about their gas bill, they can.
    Posted by elsadog
    DONT get me started about my last bill lol
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Must get post count up! : DONT get me started about my last bill lol
    Posted by Kiwini4u

Kwini thats classed as spamming in some quarters lol ;)

• Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009

I Agree !!! ........... With everybody lol

(Does that count toward my post count????)

On a serious note here guys, the posters freeroll is an incentive to create activity in the forum. Now from Sky's point of view most activity is good activity because it means people are logging on and looking around at whats going on. Some contributions to the threads are short & Sweet but sometimes thats all that is required. Ok so there are more people posting things like Great Post to get a hit but if their willing to put in the time then why shouldn't they get their place in the freeroll, it takes some dedication to outpost you lot you know :)

Keep Smiling

• Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Must get post count up! : Kwini thats classed as spamming in some quarters lol ;)
    Posted by margatemaf
    TRUE but then so does YOUR reply lol:)
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    It is impossible to evaluate posts, in terms of quality, length etc, so the only benchmark could be a number of posts.  I have no idea what would be acceptable, but you could argue that 30...40..50..100? Maybe 30 is a reasonable contribution.

Like elsadog says, the topic of threads is irrelevant.  We all have the choice to say what we want to say (within reason) and by the same token, we can all choose to read or ignore a thread.  So for example, i would certainly read a gas bill based thread in the hope of finding out about which supplier is offering the best rates so I can afford to put the heating on this year rather than wearing the 5 sweatshirts like last winter.  Others may be more interested in electricity based discussions and give this one a wide berth.

I would keep the freeroll because ultimately it is achieiving what it set out to do, and get more people logging in to sky and posting (and presumably playing a bit more), and just tinker with the qualification process to improve the posts being made. 
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    this is absolute quality!!! nice one ray!!!!

So for example, i would certainly read a gas bill based thread in the hope of finding out about which supplier is offering the best rates so I can afford to put the heating on this year rather than wearing the 5 sweatshirts like last winter.  Others may be more interested in electricity based discussions and give this one a wide berth.

and kwini i know lol, just seeing if your awake lol
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    Is this all true or are we all letting our imagination run away with us. Before the posters freeroll there were hundreds of irrelevent posts and meaningless replies, however now when someone does it people are saying its for the freeroll. Look back a month in the general poker threads and you will see what i mean. I get in from work at night and when i log on i have a look at the days posts, i agree with hale that it is now the 2nd page that needs to be looked at, but that is because more people are on the forum which was the pupose after all.
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited November 2009
    Spam,spam and more spam.

+1
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    I've only ever posted gibberish....so no change there
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    It does seem to be getting out of hand now i must admit, i talk rubbish all day long too... so i am with elsadag on this one lol
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited November 2009
    The threads are increasing - but so are the number of sky poker players so I guess this is gonna happen. However, I think the post by ladyfingers on Saturday provoked some varied views and a great debate. Unfortunately, most of it was deleted by the mods for no reason.  Surely a forum works better if everyone can put across their views - no matter if they differ.
  • Options
    Taller_GuyTaller_Guy Member Posts: 289
    edited November 2009
    It does seem to be getting out of hand now i must admit, i talk rubbish all day long too... so i am with elsadag on this one lol
    Posted by margatemaf
    Now, you're just fishing for compliments, Margate..lol.  

Seriously, I read through quite a few of these threads and the vast majority of posts are from members who are genuinely trying to offer help and sound advice to their fellow players.  If you analyse it, there aren't that many spam type posts flying around (other than the jokey ones we've all posted in the last week or so) and as others have said, there were just as many so-called irrelevant threads prior to the freeroll, if not more.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that every name on here has made a significant contribution to the forum and they've all made excellent, interesting posts.  I'm just disappointed I didn't make the top 50, but looking at the players who did, the quality is superb.  I couldn't see me getting too far - maybe beat Webby and Margate..lol - but it would've been good to try my skills (such as they are) against some of the best Sky Poker has to offer.

Graham
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Must get post count up! : Now, you're just fishing for compliments, Margate..lol.   Seriously, I read through quite a few of these threads and the vast majority of posts are from members who are genuinely trying to offer help and sound advice to their fellow players.  If you analyse it, there aren't that many spam type posts flying around (other than the jokey ones we've all posted in the last week or so) and as others have said, there were just as many so-called irrelevant threads prior to the freeroll, if not more. I think the point I'm trying to make is that every name on here has made a significant contribution to the forum and they've all made excellent, interesting posts.  I'm just disappointed I didn't make the top 50, but looking at the players who did, the quality is superb.  I couldn't see me getting too far - maybe beat Webby and Margate..lol - but it would've been good to try my skills (such as they are) against some of the best Sky Poker has to offer. Graham
    Posted by Taller_Guy

Busted!!! well! where were the compliments then hhhmmm?? lol maybe beat webby or margate PMSL! beating me would be a forgone conclusion against you lol .... see, you got your compliment ;)

• Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Must get post count up! : Busted!!! well! where were the compliments then hhhmmm?? lol maybe beat webby or margate PMSL! beating me would be a forgone conclusion against you lol .... see, you got your compliment ;)
    Posted by margatemaf
    I knew it would work..lmao
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    lmao, what is it with you leeds fans eh! that was no compliment really was it, it was just truth me thinks ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    lmao, what is it with you leeds fans eh! that was no compliment really was it, it was just truth me thinks ;)
    Posted by margatemaf
    We'll take anything we can get, Margate...lol.  I know you haven't been playing long on Sky - I started only in May - but at least you show potential!  I think I'm going backwards!!  ;o)