You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

NEW POSTERS

13»

Comments

• Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    I am also a player who will say sorry in the chatbox if I give someone a bad beat.
    I am happy to win the pot but I do feel sorry for the player who went in miles ahaed and then got beat.

I also agree with the original post about new members of the forum.
    Posts do go off the first page and the person asking the question obviously want an answer.
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited November 2009

WASNT TRYING TO BE ABUSIVE IVE POSTED OPINIONS THAT PEOPLE HAVE POINTED OUT TO ME ARE STUPID AND IVE GONE AWAY THOUGH ABOUT IT AND REALISED THEY WERE STUPID, MY POINT WAS THAT YOU CANT SUGAR COAT EVERY ANSWER JUST TO KEEP PEOPLE HAPPY. 

• Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    Hi badboy

I think we all make comments at times that we later regret or realise are ill-judged, or "stupid", and like you say, you have done so yourself.  But that doesnt make you stupid, and the same should apply to others.  You do not need to sugar coat replies, but disagree in a civil and respectful manner, and the other person is more likely to consider your point of view.

ray
  • Options
    Broxiboy73Broxiboy73 Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: NEW POSTERS:
    Quite true what u say about chat during games, I would like to see more as well
    Posted by Torryladd

On the whole I agree with you T.  Unfortunately YOU always wait until Im trying to play a hand to decide to talk to me!  lol

I spend so much time trying to type a reply in a reasonable form of text that I usually miss what is happening!

The other problem I have with typing the comments is there are always pauses and such as the game is progressing the hand and it keeps causing typos - the letters can't keep up with my typing.  It ends up reading as gibberish.  (No change to normal though)

Broxi
  • Options
    Broxiboy73Broxiboy73 Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2009
    I am also a player who will say sorry in the chatbox if I give someone a bad beat. I am happy to win the pot but I do feel sorry for the player who went in miles ahaed and then got beat. I also agree with the original post about new members of the forum. Posts do go off the first page and the person asking the question obviously want an answer.
    Posted by apollo_11
    Spot on!  No harm in recycling answers every couple of pages or as previoursly mentioned, flagging up where the answer my already be located if you don't feel the urge to repeat it over and over
  • Options
    undertallundertall Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2009
    i'm fairly new to the game and don't get to play that often but bad beats seem to be part of the game of poker,you get some you give some,so just shout at the wall and carry on.bye the way now i've found the forum i've enjoyed reading some of the threads.thanks all, graham,aka undertall
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited November 2009
    I am also a player who will say sorry in the chatbox if I give someone a bad beat. I am happy to win the pot but I do feel sorry for the player who went in miles ahaed and then got beat. I also agree with the original post about new members of the forum. Posts do go off the first page and the person asking the question obviously want an answer.
    Posted by apollo_11
    the thing is Apollo, when you recieve a bad beat the last thing you want to hear is sorry. It would be much better to say unlucky and get on with the game. Personnally i'm never sorry when that happens as its part and parcel of the game.
    I've just had 2 bad beats, but hey ho thats poker, next game please.
    col
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    Now Now Broxi, I know you luv me xxx

In Response to Re: NEW POSTERS : On the whole I agree with you T.  Unfortunately YOU always wait until Im trying to play a hand to decide to talk to me!  lol I spend so much time trying to type a reply in a reasonable form of text that I usually miss what is happening! The other problem I have with typing the comments is there are always pauses and such as the game is progressing the hand and it keeps causing typos - the letters can't keep up with my typing.  It ends up reading as gibberish.  (No change to normal though) Broxi
    Posted by Broxiboy73