You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The 1k Posters Club.

Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Just for fun:

I know Sky_rich, TK and Acebarry have smashed through the 1000 posts, with me coming up to it.

It's actually quite worrying I have posted so much! thankfully I do believe most of my posts have had some substance to them. Even this one, though it is a post about posting.. meh!

;)

I think we should all get different badges on our names when you hit a certain amount of posts. 

10 - Junior
100 -
1k - Hero

Etc etc... could add bit more value to posting and allow new posters to see the 'weight' behind a posters reply. For example Barry telling a newbie something about what is going on, or where to find things, would be legit, and with a nice big gold tag saying 'Hero' member would be good init

Re-reading this is probably silly but oh well! 
Dave

Comments

• elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    They have this type of thing on most if not all other forums. Not a daft idea at all.

Tikay with his 'other place' experience would have some good pointers on this.
  • dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited November 2009
    In Response to The 1k Posters Club.:
    Just for fun: I know Sky_rich, TK and Acebarry have smashed through the 1000 posts, with me coming up to it. It's actually quite worrying I have posted so much! thankfully I do believe most of my posts have had some substance to them. Even this one, though it is a post about posting.. meh! ;) I think we should all get different badges on our names when you hit a certain amount of posts.  10 - Junior 100 - 500 1k - Hero 2k 5k 10k Etc etc... could add bit more value to posting and allow new posters to see the 'weight' behind a posters reply. For example Barry telling a newbie something about what is going on, or where to find things, would be legit, and with a nice big gold tag saying 'Hero' member would be good init Re-reading this is probably silly but oh well!  Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30
    I think thats a great idea mate WD.
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2009
    Good idea, im just over half way to being a hero, wahooo
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited November 2009
    Good call. Still a way to go for me. I'm a member of a BMW M-Power forum and have over 23,000 on there - very sad lol
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The 1k Posters Club.:
    Good call. Still a way to go for me. I'm a member of a BMW M-Power forum and have over 23,000 on there - very sad lol
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Show off

Up to last year I had a 330i sport Touring with 'M' goodies. Great car and passed everything on the road except petrol stations. It was downright economical though compared to the 4 litre Landrover.
  • labrat64labrat64 Member Posts: 987
    edited November 2009
    nice idea grim hope it can be took on board
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    Hi Dave

Good idea, crikey, didnt realise I got passed 1000.
  • BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009

Hi dave

Yep, this is certainly a good idea.  I also notice you've cherry picked the "hero" label for your upcoming 1,000th post sir. Well played.

• loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    Great idea, however i dont think 1 or 2 word answers should count on posts, most of the regulars here do post proper replies / questions, funny gags etc, so we should keep it that way
  • webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2009

on a forum i post thay also have this but nothing as bad as hero lol

maybe something like "just cant stop posting" or "addicted" just a rough idea

edited November 2009
    Great idea, however i dont think 1 or 2 word answers should count on posts, most of the regulars here do post proper replies / questions, funny gags etc, so we should keep it that way
    Posted by loonytoons
    i
    edited November 2009
    Posted by loonytoons
    agree
  • GavinxxxxGavinxxxx Member Posts: 559
    edited November 2009
    I like this idea =)
    edited November 2009
    Plankton 0-100
    Prawn     101-250
    Shrimp    251-500
    Fish        501-750
    Shark      751-1000
    Orca        1000+

Maybe throw in 'great white' but race relations might not be happy.
  • loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    Plankton 0-100 Prawn     101-250 Shrimp    251-500 Fish        501-750 Shark      751-1000 Orca        1000+
    Posted by elsadog
    You forgot to mention the humble amoeba, the top 50 posters could all vote for who's the weekly amoeba lol, i know of a few candidates  lol
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited November 2009
    WOW just finished dinner, seen the total number of responses, opened this up with trepidation lol

Webby - I think over on TK's other place the use the name Hero ;) but that's part of the fun, come up with some names!

I guess SKy Rich can see this and comment. Rich would have 'administrator' tag ;)
  • webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2009
    seriously dave? i thought if we were called hero that would be a bit corny, clearly this will be in the pipeline at sky and hopefully thay can bring their own ideas to the table and get something unique
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    I think its an excellent idea, my only concern would be the spammers having a field day trying to raise their ratings.
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2009
    hey Dave.

i really like this idea and it is something that is in the pipeline. may i add not the usual sky poker pipeline but my sky poker community pipeline (2 completely separate pipelines!!)

i can't give you any concrete dates but you have my word it is coming.

to give you a sort of sneak preview we will be calling this 'rewards'. there will be 2 types of rewards, earned rewards and assigned rewards.

the earned rewards will work exactly how you describe - when you reach a certain level of posts you get a fancy new badge and title to attach to your profile.

assigned rewards however will work slightly differently. we will be looking out for people who deserve a special mention and some recognition for their great work in the community. we will then assign special badges/ titles. an example could be if you're known for giving out great advice and help to new players you could earn the 'advisor badge' (just an example of course).

this could also work if you win one of the flagship tournaments. say you win the open you could also then receive a nice shiny new badge to display on your profile and show off in the forums.

of course i will give you all more information nearer the time....

hopefully this has got you all as excited as me and wet a few appetites
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited November 2009
    Pure class Rich. This will be another great addition to the community. The additional ideas about assigned rewards is brilliant. This is going to have people buzzing and really interested in the community.

All I need now is a Community doctor think I am going down with flu :( boooooo.

p.s. I see you are flying high in the Fantasy Football. I have sneaked up to 20th.