You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£10,000 POT, WOW.

Comments

• Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited November 2009
    Step 1: Download Full Tilt
    Step 2: Rail nosebleeds ($500/$1k 6mNL/PLO)
    Step 3: Develop apathy toward 6/7 figure pots
    Step 4: ???
    Step 5: Profit?
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2009
    Rake is capped at $3 on most other reputable poker networks.

I assume Sky is the same, or similar.
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    If i'd of lost 5k i would of been crying bigtime!! that's a heck of a lot of money to lose!!
  • Options
    essexpokeressexpoker Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2009
    10k is nothing! check out full tilt where the pots are usually 200k + and the top ones being in the 600k bracket! The biggest pot in the world was won the other month aswell. antonius won it.... 2.5million dollars...one pot! live game in vegas.. amazing
  • Options
    epwbepwb Member Posts: 173
    edited November 2009

if that had been me winning that pot .i would have retired a put my feet up

• Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009

I sometimes go in and watch and cant believe the money going back and fore. 

My annual salary sometimes.

The pro's must go in there and look for the rich chancers.

• Options
    darichdarich Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    Wasn't lolufold was it?

Seems to make a living out of playing complete air - nice work if you can scare enough people
  • Options
    chirkerchirker Member Posts: 160
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: £10,000 POT, WOW.:
    Wasn't lolufold was it? Seems to make a living out of playing complete air - nice work if you can scare enough people
    Posted by darich
    It wasn't Lolufold who lost this pot.
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2009
    my money's on launder or sparce
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited November 2009
    ouch thats alot o cash.

Thats probably a years earnings to me.
  • Options
    booboo69booboo69 Member Posts: 196
    edited November 2009
    I'm going to Goa for two weeks in a five star hotel and got loads of change from 5 grand.
    I think I'd rather do that for a fortnight than play and lose a game of poker.
  • Options
    Broxiboy73Broxiboy73 Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2009
    more money than sense. I know this much, you will never see me in that company. I panick over winning 80p
    Posted by Urdadi

I don't panic over winning the 80p - it's the losing it that get's me twitching!!
  • Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited November 2009
    my money's on launder or sparce
    Posted by diablo_pez
    If i had to pick between these two I'd probably pick launder since he is actually solid.
  • Options
    zxghostxzzxghostxz Member Posts: 482
    edited November 2009
    loseing  5000 quid ...sounds like on a bluff as well.....  nightmare lolol.   get the guy a gun   lol
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited November 2009
    Nice if you can afford it.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: £10,000 POT, WOW. : Remind me to reply to this on Monday!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Here is your reminder Tikay
  • Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited November 2009
    Was Lolufold against MrWinCash (Some new Finnish player)... Biggest pots were 99 v QQ 3bet pot.. flop 992 (Lolufold held 9s).. Other biggest pot was 76o vs 89o on K-4-5-7-3 Lolufold held 76, MrWincash 3bet preflop then barreled every street and shoved the river.. river card gave Lolufold the straight which he then check called his shove
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,870
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: £10,000 POT, WOW. : Ask tikay about pros and bankroll management i bet they aint all got good bankroll management and aint  as flush as we think
    Posted by loonytoons
    That, sadly, is true. You said "most", & "most" is, I'm afraid, correct.

I could write 10,000 words on how bad most "pro" (so-called) players BM is, & still not tell you half the story.

A few snippets.

A Brit won a Bracelet in Vegas a few years ago. Set for life, with that money? Not quite. He left for home two days later. Penniless. He's perma-skint, & a serial-nipper. Nice bloke, but when I see him coming, I look the other way, when he rings me, I bounce the call. I KNOW he's trying to nip me for a buy-in. He does not mean to grim players, & he pays back when he's flush - not often - but he's just a sick, compulsive, degen gambler. It's an illness. When foljks ask me "who is best?", these guys can't be included, because BM is THE primary tool a poker player needs to survive. The only good Pros are the ones that last for a long time. The rest all go busto. 

An American Pro was a Bracelet in Vegas a year or so later. He was Jack The Lad for 6 months, spraying money around. Within a year, he was in Prison for fraud, & grimming players left right & centre. Including me, for several thousand quid.

A "European Rankings Top Ten" player in recent years is far & away the UK's worst serial nipper. He owes, I reckon, over 100 players, & his debt to the poker circuit is probz £250,000. He made a BIG Final Table a while back, & the "Rail" was the biggest ever for such an Event, all willing him on to victory. Because they were all owed money by him. One bloke traveled 150 miles so that he could be there when our man Cashed, & have a chance of getting paid.

The Big Money Poker Circuit - Live & Online - relies on credit, nipping, borrowing, & staking. Like the real world economy, the wheels will all fall off quite soon. Mark my words. I know young men who are 6 figures in debt due to poker. There is a dark side to poker.

But a sunny side too, & many of the real Pros are excellent at BM. Think of Joe Beevers, Simon Trumper, guys who have, somehow, survived for a decade or more.

Julian Thew has won over three quarters of a million in Tourneys in the last 3 years, & has not leaked a single penny. He paid off his mortgage (6 figures), paid - cash - for a £350,00 extension to his home, & invested the rest for his three kids. Now THATS a real Pro.

Stick to fun stakes, what you can afford to lose, & never ever borrow money to play poker. And never LEND money to other poker players. I wish I'd heeded that last item, I'd be 5 figures better off.

If seeing big pots floats your boat, well watch others do it. For every big winner, there's a big loser.

This year alone, two of my dear friends have been declared bankrupt, & it nearly brings me to tears to see them suffer so.

All that glitters is not gold.

Stick to fun stakes, & play within your Bankroll. The Beats don't hurt then. If you don't, it will end in tears. Nothing is so certain.
  • Options
    MajjMajj Member Posts: 99
    edited November 2009
    I may not have been on this forum for very long, but that has to be one of the finest posts - Cheers Tikay, hopefully those words keep a few people grounded
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for the reply Tikay, its a real eye opener. You are my real hero, can you lend me a fiver? lol