You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

cheltenham lucky 15

BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
edited March 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
ok so what is everybodys mug bet for the week ahead?

im hoping to get off to a great start with Montbazon, meets every single trend (only he and Tetlami do) and 2pts win will get me off to a flyer. but ive decided to do a lucky 15, a horse for each day of the festival, and as keen as i am on King's supreme ace, ive left him out of this one, hint that im super keen on ACKERTAC in the Tuesdays last race....

FESTIVAL LUCKY 15

NOVICES HANDICAP (TUES)    ACKERTAC   12/1
BUMPER (WED)             MOSCOW MANNON 7/1
RYANAIR (THURS)       GREAT ENDEAVOUR 12/1
ALBERTT BARTLETT (FRI) SEA OF THUNDER 8/1

Sea of thunder in all multiples im doing, he is my NAP of the week.

Comments

• Options
    DUNMIDOSHDUNMIDOSH Member Posts: 1,473
    edited March 2012
    In Response to cheltenham lucky 15:
    ok so what is everybodys mug bet for the week ahead? im hoping to get off to a great start with Montbazon, meets every single trend (only he and Tetlami do) and 2pts win will get me off to a flyer. but ive decided to do a lucky 15, a horse for each day of the festival, and as keen as i am on King's supreme ace, ive left him out of this one, hint that im super keen on ACKERTAC in the Tuesdays last race.... FESTIVAL LUCKY 15 NOVICES HANDICAP (TUES)    ACKERTAC   12/1 BUMPER (WED)             MOSCOW MANNON 7/1 RYANAIR (THURS)       GREAT ENDEAVOUR 12/1 ALBERTT BARTLETT (FRI) SEA OF THUNDER 8/1 Sea of thunder in all multiples im doing, he is my NAP of the week.
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Why?
    It was stuffed by 50 lengths the last time it raced against half decent opposition!

Mr Moonshine won the race and is ten times better!

I think your beer goggles need wiping! lol 
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    beaten 2 3/4 lengths by the market fav ill think youll find chum if youd even researched it to back up your nonsensical statement, or do not count that field as half decent either? different trip over different course when losing to Mr Moonshine, clearly STD gave up on him when beat,  and why on earth would you be so dismissive of a horses chance in a race that hasnt yet been run? those who have played their hand too early in this race always fail to flatter, hence those who havent being 'well in' for this handicap. no more than 2 wins is a big trend, being a maiden fits that bill obviously, and being in top 3 all completed starts another (admittedly 4 and 6 runner fields but still). age 7, Official rating of 132-135 is a big stat, looks a proper plot horse given improvement on last run,  trainer can ready one for local course etc etc i could go on

not to mention your too busy being a berk than to put up an alternative pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff  ill wipe me beer googles if you wipe the brown from your mouth are we agreed?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: cheltenham lucky 15:
    beaten 2 3/4 lengths by the market fav ill think youll find chum if youd even researched it to back up your nonsensical statement, or do not count that field as half decent either? different trip over different course when losing to Mr Moonshine, clearly STD gave up on him when beat,  and why on earth would you be so dismissive of a horses chance in a race that hasnt yet been run? those who have played their hand too early in this race always fail to flatter, hence those who havent being 'well in' for this handicap. no more than 2 wins is a big trend, being a maiden fits that bill obviously, and being in top 3 all completed starts another (admittedly 4 and 6 runner fields but still). age 7, Official rating of 132-135 is a big stat, looks a proper plot horse given improvement on last run,  trainer can ready one for local course etc etc i could go on not to mention your too busy being a berk than to put up an alternative pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff  ill wipe me beer googles if you wipe the brown from your mouth are we agreed?
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    18th November 2011 Haydock class 2 Junior Betfair Novices Chase receiving 8lbs from the winner beaten 50 lengths by Mr Moonshine 40 Lengths behind Bold Addition!
    Every time it's run above Class 3 it's been annihilated!
    My original comment was tongue in cheek but I know the horse, and it just does not have enough class for Cheltenham!
    For your sake I hope you prove me wrong. But I don't think you will!
  • Options
    edited March 2012

yeah and good luck with your Tharawaat that youve put up in the JLT H'Cap, talking of horses running in handicap company that have previously been beaten 50 + lengths pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

• Options
    edited March 2012
    a bit pot and kettle there to be honest
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    a bit pot and kettle there to be honest
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Thats a naps competition where I'm £30 behind the leader.
    As it happens I asked a friend from Limerick for advice on Cheltenham and Tharawaat was the first horse he mentioned.
    The difference between Acertack and Tharawaat 8 wins and £47,000 in prize money but mainly Gordon Elliot 
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,307
    edited March 2012
    Lads, Lads , Lads,

Let your horses do the talking and if they dont hope nobody spots it.

IF THEY DO! COME ON HERE AND CROW LIKE MAD.

There will be some shocks at Cheltenham, just hope you pick them and in that regard neither Ackertac or Tharawaat are no hopers. They are running !!!!

The thing I cant understand is why do people pick holes in peoples selections before they run. If the horse they put up loses it shows that they got it wrong  and they might not be as good tipsters as they think. If the horse wins, the person who rubbishes it looks a bit of an idiot to be honest.

Just smile instead of typing if you think it is a silly choice.

GOD be with you brothers and let there be peace on earth at sacred Cheltenham

Father Vaigret
  • Options
    BARBIE59BARBIE59 Member Posts: 580
    edited March 2012

Gona do a luck 15 each of the 4 days for the tv races, ant tips guys would be great?

Tues 1)  2) 3) 4)
    Wed  ect!!!!

• Options
    moonooomoonooo Member Posts: 554
    edited March 2012
    If your thinking of doing a lucky 15 on each of the days, your better off throwing a few lines at the placepot..Some massive returns in this most years.

Heres my idea at a few mug multiples through the week

E/W Lucky 15

Bumper - New Years Eve 7/1
    Triump Hurdle - Balder Succes 10/1
    Foxhunter Chase - Chapoturgeon 11/2
    Grand Annual - Kid Cassidy 10/1 always had a soft spot for this horse, since it escaped electrousion at Newbury, then fell with the race at its mercy a few races later..A character but a real talented horse. looks 1 of the bets of the week to me.

Yankee

Fred Winter - Vendor 7/2
    Jewson - Peddlers Cross 4/1 Mccain is a **** for being scared of running his pride and joy against sprinter sacre, and choosing this lesser race, but still think it has the class to win this.
    xc Chase - Scotsirish 3/1
    Ryanair Chase - Riverside Theatre 5/1

Win Treble

Mares hurdle - Quevega 4/7
    Albert Bartlet - Boston Bob 2/1
    RSA- Grand Crus 7/4

Win Treble

Arkle - Sprinter Sacre 5/6
    Neptune - Simonsig 5/2
    World Hurdle - Big Bucks 8/13

Gl all 
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Hi Barbie

My Tuesday lucky 15 would be

Hold on julio
    Hunt Ball
    Double Dizzy
    Zarkander

What I would say is dont do a lucky fifteen but the bet with different stakes.

ie 4x  5 point win singles
    6 x 3 point win doubles
    4 x 2 point win trebles
    1x 4 point win accies

• Options
    BARBIE59BARBIE59 Member Posts: 580
    edited March 2012
    Cheers lads will have a look though and pick 4 each day. think ill have to stick to the lucky 15 coz only got £20 for the bet each day.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Cheers lads will have a look though and pick 4 each day. think ill have to stick to the lucky 15 coz only got £20 for the bet each day.
    Posted by BARBIE59
    Thats ok barbie, nothing to do with how much money you have. 
    The odds for one horse coming up are better than all four so why have same amount of money on the singles as the four timer . Thats why Bookies started the Lucky 15 you wager too much on the unlikely event and not enough on the likely. So here goes for your £20

Have four singles at £3 win or £1.50 Ew =£12
    Have 6 Doubles at 80p win or 40p ew = £4.80
    Have 4 trebles at 60 p win or 30p ew = £2.40
    Have Accumalator at 80p win or 40p ew =£0.80

Total £20 

Then if you have one winner at 6 -1 or more you make a profit and the other three are running on the bookies money not yours. Get all four and you get a very nice return.

Father V 
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2012
    My first of what will likely be many losing bets this week.

1.30, Montbazon.  7/1

2.40, Fruity Orooney  18/1

3.20, Zarkandar   6/1

4.40, Shop DJ   16/1

ew L15
  • Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited March 2012
    1.30 - Agent Archie 33/1 £5ew

2.05 - Cue Card 7/1 £10win

2.40 - Quantitativeeasing 13/2 £20win

3.20 - Overturn 28/1 £5ew
           - Hurrican Fly 10/11 £100 win - BANKER

4.00 - Uncle junior 9/2 £20

4.40 - Alasi 20/1 £5ew

5.15 - Hunt Ball 15/2 £20

Given myself £200 a day to play with, much more than I normally bet but this is Cheltenham were talking about, and as long as my banker wins ill be doing ok.

Good Luck All
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited March 2012
    My Eachway Lucky 15 :2.40 Baile Anrai
                                   3.20 Rock on Ruby
                                   4.00 Maljimar
                                   5.15 Hunt Ball (Nap,of these longer priced horses.)

Will have a £5 Treble on Sprinter Sacre/ Hurricane fly/Quevega but there's not enough value for my stakes to put them up in singles and doubles.

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2012
    My first of what will likely be many losing bets this week. 1.30, Montbazon.  7/1 2.40, Fruity Orooney  18/1 3.20, Zarkandar   6/1 4.40, Shop DJ   16/1 ew L15
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    1.30, Montbazon.  7/1 
    2.40, Fruity Orooney  18/1 
    3.20, Zarkandar   6/1 
    4.40, Shop DJ   16/1 ew L15

-----------------------

Ok as expected I've gone in again, just a combo of what everyone has tipped on the morning line/websites I've read.

1.30, Dylan Ross - 25/1
    2.40, Pentitific - 22/1
    3.20, Zaidpour - 33/1
    4.40, Shop DJ - 16/1

Just realised I picked the same races both times! ha! All 8 cud still place I guess ;)

• Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited March 2012
    beaten 2 3/4 lengths by the market fav ill think youll find chum if youd even researched it to back up your nonsensical statement, or do not count that field as half decent either? different trip over different course when losing to Mr Moonshine, clearly STD gave up on him when beat,  and why on earth would you be so dismissive of a horses chance in a race that hasnt yet been run? those who have played their hand too early in this race always fail to flatter, hence those who havent being 'well in' for this handicap. no more than 2 wins is a big trend, being a maiden fits that bill obviously, and being in top 3 all completed starts another (admittedly 4 and 6 runner fields but still). age 7, Official rating of 132-135 is a big stat, looks a proper plot horse given improvement on last run,  trainer can ready one for local course etc etc i could go on not to mention your too busy being a berk than to put up an alternative pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff  ill wipe me beer googles if you wipe the brown from your mouth are we agreed?
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    MR END I BET YOU STAY IN AT NIGHT AND ARGUE WITH YOURSELF
  • Options
    edited March 2012

if you read from the top of the thread youll clealry see i put up a fancy and someone came and said ive beer goggles on blah blah can i not put up stats to back my fancy up? is that against the rules? put up a serious betting post and morons come on to hijack it so as when this usually happens i put it up to them and old fools like you dont like it. well then dont give it out you pl3b!

talking about giving it out, she truly loves a good oul buck lm a0

• Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited March 2012
    if you read from the top of the thread youll clealry see i put up a fancy and someone came and said ive beer goggles on blah blah can i not put up stats to back my fancy up? is that against the rules? put up a serious betting post and morons come on to hijack it so as when this usually happens i put it up to them and old fools like you dont like it. well then dont give it out you pl3b! talking about giving it out, she truly loves a good oul buck lm a0
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    RONALD MCDONALD HAS SPOKEN
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    do you have a lucky 15 to post? as per the thread? or just be a WUM all your (long, tedious) life?? surprise me and give a lucky 15 prediction cos we both know im clearly waiting on you to let yourself down again and post rubbish, it'll make me look really stupid, so go on, youve a big chance post something constructive im not sure you have it in you?