You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Greyhound Derby

joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
edited May 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
Is anyone else having an interest in it? As previously mentioned in another thread started by Bazzer61 I'm on Razldazl Jayfkay.  Took the 50/1 with Billy Hills Xmas time. Topped it up at 20/1 after it posted it's 28.28 trial time. Mind u, still haven't forgotten last year when I was on early again(25/1) only for it to trap slowly in the quarter final from trap 6 and was virtually put on the floor by trap 5 that turned right 90 degrees leaving the traps. It was trading at 8/11 to win the event by then such it's dominance in the early rounds. Let's  see what the next 5 weeks brings. 

Comments

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Greyhound Derby:
    Is anyone else having an interest in it? As previously mentioned in another thread started by Bazzer61 I'm on Razldazl Jayfkay.  Took the 50/1 with Billy Hills Xmas time. Topped it up at 20/1 after it posted it's 29.28 trial time. Mind u, still haven't forgotten last year when I was on early again(25/1) only for it to trap slowly in the quarter final from trap 6 and was virtually put on the floor by trap 5 that turned right 90 degrees leaving the traps. It was trading at 8/11 to win the event by then such it's dominance in the early rounds. Let's  see what the next 5 weeks brings. 
    Posted by joesman1
    He is currently 9/1
    When is the derby?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Greyhound Derby:
    In Response to Greyhound Derby : He is currently 9/1 When is the derby?
    Posted by wynne1938
    Starts Fri night. It runs in heat 11, 1st round continues Sat night, top 4 in each race qualify for 2nd round. Then it's every weekend and top 3 qualify each round til final 6. You can still get 10's with a number of firms. 
  • Options
    bazzer61bazzer61 Member Posts: 404
    edited April 2012
    Still think Taylor's Sky will take a lot of beating.
    2 I would put up as main dangers are Razldazl Jayfkay and Boher Paddy.
    Not sure about Coolavanny Bert and Eden Star,mainly because they're so young and less experienced.
    I have seen a lot of firms going 1/4 each way to reach the final.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    PS .SAW THE OLD RASCAL IYAMZAGIRL ON SKY LAST NIGHT -SHE ACTUALLY RAN STRAIGHT ,NO PROBLEMS.
    WHATEVER,SHE SURE KNIOWS WHERE TEH WINNING LINE IS.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    PS .SAW THE OLD RASCAL IYAMZAGIRL ON SKY LAST NIGHT -SHE ACTUALLY RAN STRAIGHT ,NO PROBLEMS. WHATEVER,SHE SURE KNIOWS WHERE TEH WINNING LINE IS.
    Posted by bazzer61
     Yeah I was waiting for her head to turn. Think she might have had a 'live kill' to keep her interested lol. . Yep most firms always go 1/4 odds for reaching the final. Glad I put up Jayfkay yesterday as the Racing Post tipped him big time today and the price has shrunk again. 
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Greyhound Derby : He is currently 9/1 When is the derby?
    Posted by wynne1938
    Had a £5 e/w @9/1
  • Options
    chopos180chopos180 Member Posts: 176
    edited April 2012
    usually follow the dogs but lost the interest i sold my share i had in 6pups last year. my 6 choices
    malbay panter 100/1
    silverview parky 33/1
    cash games 500/1
    droopys lorenzo 40/1
    deanridge viking 80/1
    droppys lorenzo 40/1 ew
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    usually follow the dogs but lost the interest i sold my share i had in 6pups last year. my 6 choices malbay panter 100/1 silverview parky 33/1 cash games 500/1 droopys lorenzo 40/1 deanridge viking 80/1 droppys lorenzo 40/1 ew
    Posted by chopos180
    Would be interested to know why Cash Games. . . Know the owner or something similar?
  • Options
    chopos180chopos180 Member Posts: 176
    edited April 2012

work it out joesman1. no mtt,no sng, no dym we play c___  G_____

• Options
    edited April 2012
    work it out joesman1. no mtt,no sng, no dym we play c___  G_____
    Posted by chopos180
    Lol I see. . Oh well it was in a race where the top 4 qualified in a 5 dog race. . And it finished. . Errr 5th. No more cash games then!!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Nice draw for Jayfkay, big bonus that Eden Star being withdrawn. 
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,308
    edited May 2012
    havent had a bet to win it but have got interested since this thread went up.

Greyhound Pricewise got me a couple of winners Saturday. 10-1 and 7-2, so I'll keep following him.

Father V
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Didn't realise Eden Star has been withdrawn-presume an injury ???
    Couldn't back Taylors Sky at 6 or 7-1,so have so far got bit on Blonde Snapper at his "Insult" price,along with Shelbourne Geoff and Boher Paddy.

Anyone know where I can find the 2nd round draw ?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Didn't realise Eden Star has been withdrawn-presume an injury ??? Couldn't back Taylors Sky at 6 or 7-1,so have so far got bit on Blonde Snapper at his "Insult" price,along with Shelbourne Geoff and Boher Paddy. Anyone know where I can find the 2nd round draw ?
    Posted by bazzer61
    Go to www.racingpost.com click on greyhound section then news then old stories. Draw is there
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Another double thanks to Greyhound pricewise 7-2 and 7-4 this is quite good fun
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Another double thanks to Greyhound pricewise 7-2 and 7-4 this is quite good fun
    Posted by vaigret
    Vwd Father. Didn't get a Post today as sold out. What were they?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Razldazl Rioga and Razadazl Bugatti, both flew from traps and won easily
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Wel I'm obviously hoping for a Razldazl treble. I'm gonna stick my neck out and predict a sub 28.30 time tonight for Jayfkay. 

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Wel I'm obviously hoping for a Razldazl treble. I'm gonna stick my neck out and predict a sub 28.30 time tonight for Jayfkay. 
    Posted by joesman1
    BOOM!! . . New track record of 28.08!! Managed to sneak out to bookies to watch it. Just glided round the bends. Least can watch it from the comfort of the sofa from next weekend onwards as covered all way to final now by Sky Sports. 
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    impressive now 3-1 fav