You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Osteopath

Comments

• Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited May 2012
    backed it ew lastnight in the 2nd last tonight at newcastle at 8s,,might have a chance tonight
  • Options
    tallboytallboy Member Posts: 375
    edited May 2012
    I fancy Capill Laith to beat it but will have a small forcast with the Ostepath. Good luck
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited May 2012
    I note that Father V's favourite bookies were biggest last night at 8/1. But that soon went. Least we know where this weeks collection money has gone lol. And Skybet have been chopping its price all day long. I backed it twice with ladbrokes, 1/2 @ 6/1... The other 1/2 @ SP.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Very interesting that Hayley Turner is booked to ride it tomorrow. The Optimist in me is saying that she wil ride it under a 7ib penalty after it wins with its head in its shoulders tonight. But reallistically it will prob be pulled out in the morning regardless. 
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited May 2012
    Good luck all, and your right joesman I got the 8's
  • Options
    wilco40wilco40 Member Posts: 119
    edited May 2012
    Came 2nd was at the back all the way and had a storming finish.  Definitely worth a look at again
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Well we should all have made a small amount of profit but he tries his best not to win and if a jockey could take him from point a to point b the shortest way we might have a winner soon . or will the ground dry out to much by then.

Father V 
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    well done tallboy with the forecast
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Grrrr hands up who else backed him win only too!!
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited May 2012
    Think storming is pushing it a bit wilco. made up ground late but dont think it was ever catching the winner think your spot on about the ground father also its probably going to be plenty short enough next time out.
    good luck those who are gonna keep following it but im not for me on the runs ive seen
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Badboy, yes the run after it won was the standout but bit disappointing since. Still think its a winner waiting to happen again on bottomless ground
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: The Osteopath:
    Grrrr hands up who else backed him win only too!!
    Posted by joesman1
    my hands up too m8
    oh well only stuck what id won on madmonks dog tip, supose that what the mean by easy come easy go!
  • Options
    wilco40wilco40 Member Posts: 119
    edited May 2012
    Yeah maybe storming was a bit strong lol but it was stuck at the back for ages and then got a run right at the end. Agreed though it was never catching the winner

Oh and I had it win only as well :-(
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    oh you silly people anything over 6-1 must be bet ew in a single especially with such a small field. Agree that with a big field and under 10's or with others in each way doubles and trebles you can afford to bet win only.

For those who say "I dont like each way" remember you are backing the horse because you are pretty sure it is going to win. If you are not confident to have the place part of the bet as well then you shouldnt be backing the horse in the first place .

Unlucky even so, I hate to see my flock not winning.

Bless you all Father v
  • Options
    tallboytallboy Member Posts: 375
    edited May 2012

Badboy, yes the run after it won was the standout but bit disappointing since. Still think its a winner waiting to happen again on bottomless ground

Its probably going to go up maybe 2/3 pounds for finishing 2nd, its highest winning mark is 89 and that was 4 yrs ago, its now 9 yrs old. I think it might struggle to win again this year. Will come on here and eat my words if it does though Vaigret.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    hi tallboy

I didnt say how long I would have to wait LOL if the trainer has anything about him he will run it a few times on unfavourable over the summer and that handicap rating will fall just right for september/October

Having said that it will probably still be rock hard then , we have got to get a summer sometime .
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: The Osteopath:
    hi tallboy   I didnt say how long I would have to wait LOL if the trainer has anything about him he will run it a few times on unfavourable over the summer and that handicap rating will fall just right for september/October Having said that it will probably still be rock hard then , we have got to get a summer sometime .
    Posted by vaigret
    Hey dont forget, at this point its entered to run at Thirsk tomoz
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Well it's 10.53 am and it's still down to run, and the price is getting chopped again. Obviously there is still a good chance it will get pulled out, but why would connections have gone to the trouble of booking a high profile group 1 winning jockey if they didn't intend running the horse regardless of what happened last night?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I agree joesman, already on it
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Backed to 9/2 now

Will do well to win after last night second but this looks like the race aimed at as Hayley Turner booked and money on.

Or is it all ours

Good luck all