You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Master Cash - Make your Play. (3)

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

This hand will be shown on Hour Three tonight.

Use this Thread & Poll to make your play.

Players 6. Blinds £1 £2. We have £200. Our hand is Ks Qs. We are in the BB.

SB makes it £7

We Re-Raise to £20. SB Calls.

Flop = Kc, 10s, 3c

Pot is now £40.

Villain now CHECKS.

Do we.....

a) Bet £38

b) Bet £20.

c) Check?

Use the Poll to Vote...

AND

Explain WHY you have chosen that line.

OK, that's the homework finished!

Wardrobe, Make-Up, Rehearsal, & Show now await.

Hope you enjoy the Show. But if you don't enjoy it, we hope you learn at least something from it. Even if it's that I don't know how th price of cod fillets, & Orford IS a cod fillet.

Comments

• Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    OK so I dont usually play cash and if I do its certainly not at this level but my vote goes to b) bet £20. 

I have top pair with a reasonable kicker and there is a possibility that the villain is on a flush draw so I need to put a bet it and make him pay if he is on a draw.  Its also possible that he has a smaller pocket pair and has missed completely and will fold to any bet.
  • Options
    mabsuemabsue Member Posts: 382
    edited November 2009
    i bet top pair against a club drawing board dont think checking is a viable option
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited November 2009
    Bet £38ish Try and kill the hand there, stop any draws, HU hitting top pair 2nd best kicker is a big hand but flush and straight draws out there, so if he wants to draw make him pay
  • Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited November 2009
    Bet £38

It loooks like he was simply trying to blind steal but must have had at least something to call your PF raise. The T on the board is the scary card - leads to too many straight possibilities. Couple this with the two clubs and your hand is vulnerable so you have to make the villain pay for any draw.
    Betting £20 gives the villain 3:1 to hit his hand so would, with implied odds, give him the odds for the flush or straight draws (QJ is well within his range). If it is correct for the villain to call, clearly £20 is not big enough to bet.

If you bet £38 and run into AA, AK, KT, TT or 33 then you'll find out when he shoves on you!
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited November 2009
    Bet £38 (near enough pot). I have shown strength pre and now need to continue post.  There are many draws there and a check / half pot bet prices them in. I am therefore quite happy to bet pot and take hand down  there and then.
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited November 2009
      I said bet 38.  We have the betting lead and have hit top pair with a good kicker.  Hand ranges for the SB are quite wide as he put in a small raise and then flatted the reraise. Reasonably safe to assume we are ahead so a good size bet would probably take the pot down now and if not we have a good enough hand to play deeper into the streets
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited November 2009
    Im ahppy to take the pot down here and now, so would ouf of those options bet £38, but in relaity would maybe be a little more than that
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2009
    personally i could be way off here but i think villain is slowing down with a massive hand here, i think the hand with kq will check because like me he has realised he is up against a big hand? time will tell
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2009
    its defo push all in
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited November 2009
    bet £20.I am only really scared of AK at this point and will fold to a raise,but 20 is enough to get a fold from a drawing hand
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2009
    mmmmmmmmmm missed that option?? better eyes than me irish lol
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    I would bet £20.00 to build the pot with top pair and a decent kicker.
    If I get a big re-raise I can get out of the hand without to much damage to my stack.
    The opponent could easily have A's, K's T's 3's or K T and be looking for the continuation bet to pounce with a big bet.
    The call of the re-raise could be made with a monster hand or with a weak hand. A re-raise after a bet on the flop would give you the answer.
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    Have a feeling a bluff :)
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    I chose bet £38 because that was the highest value their. Personally just like make your play 1 and 2 im all in again because im mad
  • Options
    KingAlfredKingAlfred Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Master Cash - Make your Play. (3):
    [

The caller probably has Ax or a pocket pair. therefore you are probably winning. However there is a slight chance he has AK or even made trips wth his PP. Therefore he goes all in in reply I would think about folding.
  • Options
    NICONNICON Member Posts: 68
    edited November 2009
    I bet the pot to not give the odds to the drawing hands and try to close it down  here and now so no ace appears and makes me lay my hand down to a huge bet. his raise indicates a big hand but that could just as easy be a j , aq (and sometimes due to position a 10) also possible underpairs of jj qq. from an assumed range we are behind to ak (less likley than one of the other hands due to us holding a king and one being on the board) aa, or trips.
  • Options
    darichdarich Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    You have the impetus in the hand here from the pre re raise. The sb didn't 4 bet you - then he checks the flop. Check is a definite no no and personally think £20 looks slightly weak and will invite the sb to come back over the top. You have top pair and the momentum, so I'd bet the pot here for sure.
  • Options
    Gangster62Gangster62 Member Posts: 80
    edited November 2009
    i swear your meant to check so you can hack in your opponent so you can try to build up the pot slowly
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2009
    I'd bet £20, 2/3rds pot to extract value from draws. I'd be stacking off here as well if he reraises.
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Master Cash - Make your Play. (3):
    Bet £38 (near enough pot). I have shown strength pre and now need to continue post.  There are many draws there and a check / half pot bet prices them in. I am therefore quite happy to bet pot and take hand down  there and then.
    Posted by phil12uk
    + 1