You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Master Cash - Make your Play. (3)

2»

Comments

• Options
    LOSER71LOSER71 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2009
    Betting £20 should get draws to fold and AK to raise.
    but alot of people see half pot bets as weak and will 3 bet leaving you with a decision
    and draws always seem to call this also!
    So I bet £38 to make decisions easy.
  • Options
    CountLCBCountLCB Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2009

Checking suggests a possible flush draw or trips but as I have top pair I would definitely fire out a strong bet. If a re-raise follows greater then half my stack I would then fold.

Strong bet Marrrster.

• Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Master Cash - Make your Play. (3):
    mmmmmmmmmm missed that option?? better eyes than me irish lol
    Posted by webby234
     its my option lol
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited November 2009
    Hi Guys,
    I don't play a lot of cash but if we bet £20 aren't we giving anyone on a flush draw the odds to call, therefore if your looking to win the hand there and then, a bet of £38 is the way to go.

col
  • Options
    scottang17scottang17 Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2009
    i am checking if the turn doesnt come a club and they bet then im raising all in if they check the turn to me with no club i bet big and if they want to chase make them pay for it
  • Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited November 2009
    +1 for c-bet £20 (even though thats probably not the sizing I would pick tis the closest).

btw why does everyone want worse top pair to fold? SO they don't make 2p? Thats kind of a bad mindset.
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited November 2009
    bet 28. shove over any raise
  • Options
    DeuceAK_47DeuceAK_47 Member Posts: 381
    edited November 2009

It's impossible to say the correct way to play a particular hand as we have not got any idea on game flow or the way the opponent plays. some people are extreme nits and only call a 3bet with 1% of their range (QQ+,AK) where as extreme loose players call with 50% of their range.

In this case i would bet 38 pounds as i would do that with almost 100% of my range as i have position and the betting lead. (at the 1-2 level you have to keep your made hands and bluffs balanced otherwise you might aswell play with your cards face up.)

• Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited November 2009
    It's impossible to say the correct way to play a particular hand as we have not got any idea on game flow or the way the opponent plays. some people are extreme nits and only call a 3bet with 1% of their range (QQ+,AK) where as extreme loose players call with 50% of their range. In this case i would bet 38 pounds as i would do that with almost 100% of my range as i have position and the betting lead. (at the 1-2 level you have to keep your made hands and bluffs balanced otherwise you might aswell play with your cards face up.)
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    I would balance my range @ 2/3 pot rather than a PSB.
  • Options
    DeuceAK_47DeuceAK_47 Member Posts: 381
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Master Cash - Make your Play. (3) : I would balance my range @ 2/3 pot rather than a PSB.
    Posted by LadyFingrs

True,i guess i would 2/3 pot usually but that option was not there lol,so i decided to go for strength with a full size pot bet instead of a weakish half pot bet.

There probably could be a arguement to any of the plays offered as we have not got enough information about the hand.(does not even state if are opponent is sitting with a full stack.)