You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

England v Italy!

kidwiz10kidwiz10 Member Posts: 569
edited June 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat

Okay this is actually a really hard one bein an italian supporter(pretty obsessed since young age) i cant decide what the result is gunna be.

I think england are physically the much stronger side as this is the worst italian team ive ever come accross rulling out Buffon,Pirlo,Cassano of course. ,Besides that i think it is goin to be a really boring match! england hoofing the ball up the field as per usuall defencing with 10 behind the ball!!

One thing i will say is italy take 3 passes there on the counter attack straight away england get a chance then pass it back to Hart then hoof it up the field extremely boring i must admit!

Only way i can see where goals are coming from is a set piece or penalty eg

Theres gunna be alot of diving to!!

im gunna go for a 0.0 italy take it in extra time

Comments

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited June 2012
    I have had a bet on the draw @15/8!
  • Options
    SALT1R3SALT1R3 Member Posts: 319
    edited June 2012
    England to win by one for me. 
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Think you should have gone for the 0.0 if u goin for a draw cant see goals in this persoanlly but good luck anyway!

And yea donk its englands best chance but without a doubt they are out in the semis for sure if they beat italy will get torn apart by the germans big time
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited June 2012

How can English ppl bet on this other than an England win?

Hope uze are all either pro punters, or foreigners! Only 2 excuses :P

edit, money where my mouth is....

Altho I'm vvvv disappointed by Woy not playing big Andy, I think England will get much more of the ball in this game than we have in others, and the 1 thing we have going for us is players that can turn it on in the final 3rd. 

We are also the best defensive team in the tournament. 

I expect us to score early, then play on the break, and win 2 or 3 nil.

So going for England to win by 2 goals @ 7/1 w/365.

ten beans onnit. 
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Also can lucky dip footy punters stay off this thread plz you might wanna follow Father V with his religious octopus orientated predictions  which is cool but to post on here u must      

a) dislike Danny Wellbeck

b) rate Carol's Andy

c) Avoid punctuation at all costs

d) be backing England and/or want England to win

e) have worked in a bookies

Cmon England.

Ooooooops

• Options
    igimcigimc Member Posts: 625
    edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: England v Italy!:
    How can English ppl bet on this other than an England win? Hope uze are all either pro punters, or foreigners! Only 2 excuses :P edit, money where my mouth is.... Altho I'm vvvv disappointed by Woy not playing big Andy, I think England will get much more of the ball in this game than we have in others, and the 1 thing we have going for us is players that can turn it on in the final 3rd.  We are also the best defensive team in the tournament.  I expect us to score early, then play on the break, and win 2 or 3 nil. So going for England to win by 2 goals @ 7/1 w/365. ten beans onnit. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Whats this based on?

£5 on each team to win on pens.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Well dohhhh im actually welsh so me supporting the english is never gunna happen im obsessed with the italians and infact have got the great francesco totti tattood on my wrist so yea im a true fan ,

And i dont rate carroll one bit but think you would be right of him having good chances in the air , i wouldnt say there gunna have more of the ball as u expect

Italy have shocked a few of the anaylsts and me also with there team bein realtivly new and nothing was expected of them as england also but this will be a much harder game than against ukraine and sweden for sure

And i dont no where you got them bein the best defensive team in the world thats gotta be a joke right? it would have to be spain . and italy have the best defensive record coming into this so duno where you got that from lol

England dont play on the break watching them is as bad as watching chelsea i think just defend defend defend its terrible to watch and even if they win i actually hope england get a massive drumming by germany yet again cant stand um to be honest!

• Options
    mondo1985mondo1985 Member Posts: 571
    edited June 2012
    10 pound england win

5 pound terry 1st scorer

5 pound rooney 1st scorer

COME ON ENGLAND
  • Options
    edited June 2012

I'm only kidding kidwizz, just abit of banter with the regulars in here. 

Ofc you're entitled to support whoever you like. 

enjoy the game! 

• Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,556
    edited June 2012
    Also can lucky dip footy punters stay off this thread plz you might wanna follow Father V with his religious octopus orientated predictions  which is cool but to post on here u must       a) dislike Danny Wellbeck b) rate Carol's Andy c) Avoid punctuation at all costs d) be backing England and/or want England to win e) have worked in a bookies Cmon England. Ooooooops http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CcU085tGwE
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    PMSL!  excellent!  I've gone for Wellbeck to score & Engerland to win 1-0. Balls-a-telly to get a red card, under 10 corners, and a lot of other combos! Just to make it interesting! (Bless me Father!)
    p.s. 2x winners & 2 x 2nds today! Don't tell Splashies!
    P
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Aha no problem dohhh none taken!

What can i say england came against a world class side tonight and it showed looking at the statistics and getting outclassed by Pirlo who is pretty much coming the end of his career,

At times i felt sorry for england if only italy could finish there i must say easist of chances could have easily been 4.0 at least, when they scored the goal that wer offside i jumped up thought my bet had came in! but no it was a close call lol

If england went through on penalties it woulda been like watching the Bradley/Pacquiao fight the other week which was completely one sided!! n the result goin the other way!

Unlucky england im sure youll be 99% of every page of the paper tommorrow saying how you was unlucky bla bla as usual

Now for the mightey Germans knocked um out in 2006 world cup semis in extra time when was underdogs now for the same chance 6 years on!
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited June 2012
    LAST RANT ,LAST TIME I WENT TO THE BOOZER TO WATCH ENGERLAND WAS 96 BEFORE THAT 90 AND 86 ,DISAPOINTMENT BECAME A GIVEN TONIGHT I THOUGHT FCUCK IT ,AFTER 30 MINS DECLARED THE RESULT WE WOULD LOSE ON PENS,,,LETS HAVE IT RIGHT WE PLAYED FOR A DRAW GOT A DRAW AND 70 MILLION PEOPLE NEW WE WOULD LOSE ON PENS,,,NUFF SAID
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    while im at it whilst im drunk,,,rooney poor ,{BAMBI } wellbeck shocking and dont get me going on ashley young,and just for the bindippers STEVIE G thanks for your efforts hang your international boots up now and as HENDERSON the only reason he went was because PARKER cant play for 90 mins
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Gunna get slated on ere!

Just dont forget to not use full stops.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    thanks doooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh,,,lets give  valid arguements and as for you ,you are a good poker player but a poor gambler,and as people say poker glass half full or half empty ,,i love the crack
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ill agree there rooney is shocking for england! , welback is terrible and yes young is a pile of dirt and i couldnt give that guy away to a blue squire team!

Im not a fan of stevie g to bh hes well past it now i think and parker i think is over rated  , the manger needed to give some of the younger players ago as there the new breed dont play players who have failed numerous times already it aint good for the game
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,556
    edited June 2012
    Gunna get slated on ere! Just dont forget to not use full stops.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Wayy too many negatives! ;-)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    im sure my mate donk will agree with me ,,if he comes back with no longing injuries JACK WILTSHIRE will be our man in midfeild to build the team around this guys a good un
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited June 2012
    We missed Barry and Lampard....whether they start or not...it was a huge task for Gerrard and Parker to play most of the minutes in midfield. Henderson as 1st choice back up says it all.

Yes andybuck, Wilshere will be there in WC2014.

• Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited June 2012

why do 3000 'fans' go for the groups and 6000 thousand go for the knockout stage talk about gloryhunting. 25000 - 30000 of us irish went  over and we know that were pash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

listen, id have come on here and congratulated england if theyd gone through. i thought the whole "we'll play like italy" thing from your camp was a bit of a windup before game but you did and italy played like brazil.

i cant remember italy being so dominant attacking wise. totally one sided, england werent great throughout the tourney but ground out results through groups. suppose the writing was on wall yesterday when we all viewed a very disappointing french side who outplayed you in first game.

the headlines wrote do not leave the pitch with regrets, that cannot be realised tonight.

mightily impressed with the italians , couldve been 5 or 6 in 90 mins.

who hits a penalty like pirlo when 2-1 down????? unbeliveable coolness. ultimately i think thats what beat england tonight, the italians were all in fits of giggles and ashley young went 'gulp, ive to follow THAT up' and promptly fluffed his lines.

as predicted, expectation that didnt exist before a ball was kicked but suddenly flourished once into quarters was downfall. 

some consolation can be taken by the english fans that it even went to pens, and by that stage it was actually up for grabs as per the usual lottery.

2 good semis await

maybe some positvies will come from this and a positive showing of getting behind your team/country regardless of result, its easy when your down and out to criticise, not so easy but more integral to cheer and keep the faith