You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Am I banging my head against a brick wall here?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sky_Mod6Sky_Mod6 Member Posts: 58
    edited November 2009
    Hi guys, just had to delete a post on this thread as it broke our house rule of, the use of swearing and asterix's in place of letters to represent swearing.

Thanks for understanding

Rich
  • Options
    kalooki8kalooki8 Member Posts: 442
    edited November 2009
    He entered the game with his money not yours - he can do what he likes. Stop whinging - there are worse and better players than you, part of the game, that's what makes it a good game not a robotic one.
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Am I banging my head against a brick wall here?:
    He entered the game with his money not yours - he can do what he likes. Stop whinging - there are worse and better players than you, part of the game, that's what makes it a good game not a robotic one.
    Posted by kalooki8
    very subtle i must say.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Am I banging my head against a brick wall here? : very subtle i must say.
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Sorry just getting on my high horse - too many insults, i.m sure we've all made bad plays when we're learning and perhaps got lucky. It's a bad play but we can't all be good straight away.
  • Options
    xFALLENxxFALLENx Member Posts: 826
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Am I banging my head against a brick wall here? : Sorry just getting on my high horse - too many insults, i.m sure we've all made bad plays when we're learning and perhaps got lucky. It's a bad play but we can't all be good straight away.
    Posted by kalooki8

AND I PAID 2 GET IN THE GAME WITH MY MONEY SO IM INTITLED 2 GIVE MY OPINION!!!!
  • Options
    xFALLENxxFALLENx Member Posts: 826
    edited November 2009
    Posted by kalooki8
    HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TAUGHT IF U CANT SAY ANYTHING NICE, DONT SAY ANYTHING ATALL,

THAT GOES FOR CONSTRUCTIVE 2

• Options
    edited November 2009
    ok - though i'm sure you didn't post for everyone to agree with you, though I take the points that my words weren't constructive and you paid your money so have your say too.

My soap box is really aimed at the foul stuff people get cqlled just for making bad plays. Watched the poker last night and there was this Danish bloke -can't remember his name, who stayed in hands just like this bloke did to you when perhaps he should have folded and apparently he's one of the best in the world.

ps - didnt mean to offend
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited November 2009
    ok - though i'm sure you didn't post for everyone to agree with you, though I take the points that my words weren't constructive and you paid your money so have your say too. My soap box is really aimed at the foul stuff people get cqlled just for making bad plays. Watched the poker last night and there was this Danish bloke -can't remember his name, who stayed in hands just like this bloke did to you when perhaps he should have folded and apparently he's one of the best in the world. ps - didnt mean to offend
    Posted by kalooki8
    well done kalooki good post gl
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    im gonna say what i say to all posts like this, THATS POKER.
  • Options
    DingdellDingdell Member Posts: 166
    edited November 2009
    And this is wy we play poker -if was a dry game where the best hand won all the time where would the excitement be?

I'm not belittling anyones frustration with the game - I've left a card room many times shaking my head wondering how the player that just knocked me out could have been in the hand on the first place.

But what we love about poker is.........the rollercoaster ride of uncertainty, the highs and lows as our heat beats faster waiting for the turn and the river when we're all in. The whoop we shout inside our head as the turn makes us a winner and the fall into a bottomless pit as the river card snatches it away and the 1 outer we dreaded lands on the table.

The number of times I've been able to breathe again on the turn only to find I have my head in my hands seconds later is countless but it's the fun of poker.

I love the adrenaline rush poker gives me, and that wouldn't happen if it were all so certain.

it is the most frustrating game and even when you know exactly where you are you just don't have a clue where you will end up. Best game in the world!
  • Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited November 2009
    And this is wy we play poker -if was a dry game where the best hand won all the time where would the excitement be? I'm not belittling anyones frustration with the game - I've left a card room many times shaking my head wondering how the player that just knocked me out could have been in the hand on the first place. But what we love about poker is.........the rollercoaster ride of uncertainty, the highs and lows as our heat beats faster waiting for the turn and the river when we're all in. The whoop we shout inside our head as the turn makes us a winner and the fall into a bottomless pit as the river card snatches it away and the 1 outer we dreaded lands on the table. The number of times I've been able to breathe again on the turn only to find I have my head in my hands seconds later is countless but it's the fun of poker. I love the adrenaline rush poker gives me, and that wouldn't happen if it were all so certain. it is the most frustrating game and even when you know exactly where you are you just don't have a clue where you will end up. Best game in the world!
    Posted by Dingdell
    Spot on ...well put Dingdell.... everyone plays their own individual game.... there is no right or wrong... nor is there a right to win just because u are ahead...5 cards can come out... its how u as a player can combate the streets.....thats the beauty of the game...
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Am I banging my head against a brick wall here? : well done kalooki good post gl
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Thanks Deb