You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

In defence of tournament players

13»

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,641
    edited November 2009
    i started to play mtts after i built my br from playing cash games.i love playing both tbh but i think im more of more of a  cash man personally.but i have to admit ive won more money playing mtts cuz one hit on a mtt sends your br upwards that you would not get on cash(unless you play high stakes) so im a bit in between.
  • Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: In defence of tournament players:
    Yes cos in cash only good players play.
    Posted by scotty77

I did a lol

& Banter OI OI!
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited November 2009
    i play both cash and tournaments. And i would say honestly, a good day on a cash table i could win alot. However on a bad day i could lose alot. As a result i feel the Cash players win more in not a true perspective. Yes they may win more on a daily basis but they also lose more.

I like both types depending on what my BR is at the time i can have alot of fun on both. Id say its unfair to say one type is worse than the other.
  • Options
    borobabe09borobabe09 Member Posts: 327
    edited November 2009
    after this post yesterday i decided to take a couple of quid on to 2 cash tables, £1 on 2p 4p blind walked away with £12 as some individual was splashing cash, he stole a few quid of a couple of players with some rather extremely silly play....he really peed them off, so i sat quietly like a snake in the grass for my moment and stole all his pot with a couple of great hand, then made a sharp exit, i did the same last nite just before bed, £2 on a 5p 10p blinds walked with £7.....not bad really.
    Now you see me now you dont.....LOL
    X
  • Options
    bluff1991bluff1991 Member Posts: 49
    edited November 2009
    i perfer tournaments but you have to play fairly solid to make the final table where the real money is. cash games are full of donks, really easy to loose your money but its good fun
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited November 2009
    I used to play torneys only, but now its rare for me to play a tourney for a few reasons,

1- I have 2 kids and the other half sometimes works late so if the kids wake up I have to deal with them.

2- I cant take the heartache of making 99 right decisions and 1 wrong one and having nothing to show for it.  In cash you have been paid for those right decisions.

3- If I go deep in  tourney and bust out to a badbeat or w/e I want to smash my house up.  If I stack off a bi in cash then w/e. 

Whoever said cash is fold fold fold though,  there is no way you can make money in 6max cash doing this.  Megatabling full ring is slightly different but you will only reach a certain level.

• Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited November 2009
    ok lets sort this out, sky can we have a mad game where top 20 mtt, stt and cash players all play a game over a few days and make up some sort of league table.
    One night could have every player has to play 3 hours of cash, every £1 profit you show at the end of 3 hours of play gets u points.
    A 12 min blind mtt points awarded on finishing position.
    And maybe every player has to play 5 dym on the final day.
    IS this a good idea to find out who is the best all round player plz leave ur thoughts.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: In defence of tournament players:
    ok lets sort this out, sky can we have a mad game where top 20 mtt, stt and cash players all play a game over a few days and make up some sort of league table. One night could have every player has to play 3 hours of cash, every £1 profit you show at the end of 3 hours of play gets u points. A 12 min blind mtt points awarded on finishing position. And maybe every player has to play 5 dym on the final day. IS this a good idea to find out who is the best all round player plz leave ur thoughts.
    Posted by freechips1

Its a good theory, but this sample size is too small imo
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yopu would prob also need to throw in some turbo MTTs as 12min blinds favour the cash players
  • Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited November 2009
    we need some1 from sky to say what/if this can be done. if it was top 20 mtt, stt and cash i think 6 of the top 10 would be cash players