You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

table abuse

bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
The language at the tables of this player ..calling me a C---  and T---   in the 1500 BH   .. 

Would they do it live to my face .. I dont think so ............

Comments

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009

why you not report him? personally i dont mind people calling me whatever - water off a ducks back, and like you say try it to my ugly face, however what if its to a lady?

• Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: CFC 302:
    why you not report him? personally i dont mind people calling me whatever - water off a ducks back, and like you say try it to my ugly face, however what if its to a lady?
    Posted by loonytoons
    lol  'loony  your the best"  a LADY wouldn't talk like that ? Well none that I know ..anyways

I was on Table 3  the mods can check the chat if they want ...
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    In Response to CFC 302:
    The language at the tables of this player ..calling me a C---  and T---   in the 1500 BH   ..  Would they do it live to my face .. I dont think so ............
    Posted by bennydip2

I bet you nicked his chips didn't you.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to CFC 302 : I bet you nicked his chips didn't you.
    Posted by elsadog
     "Who can ya turn to ?"  your different class ...hahaha
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    Posted by loonytoons
    I'm a lady an he would get a kick in the **** fae me
  • Options
    DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited November 2009
    bring him on benny i used 2 work the doors years ago .....by that i dont meen yeeeeaaaarrrrssss ago lol
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    no   need  for  it  should  not have  to  put  up  with  it
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2009
    Hey there, If you feel you have suffered table abuse at any level please report this to customer care (by clicking here). The team will happily investigate all reported cases and this is, without doubt, the fastest and most efficient way to eradicate abuse from Sky Poker.   I hope this helps,   Rich
  • Options
    edited November 2009

"If you feel you have suffered table abuse at any level please report this to customer care" !!

It's alright Rich  doesn't worry me,   however I think the lady at the table was a bit shocked. She thought the chat box should be closed, her 12 year old daughter was watching her play and reading the chat..  The daughter apparently burst into tears,  the lady then had to console her daughter then blamed me for playing ' K 5 ' connectors.
    I told her to mind her own business as it was between me and him and then her husband came on the computer writing in the chat that he also thought it was my fault upsetting the guy for playing my ' K 5 ' connectors and his wife wouldn't be allowed on the site again ..??  
     I thought that was a bit harsh, and told him the same as you've told me..click here 
    All it said was,
    " who can ya turn to " ??
  • Options
    Bza3swordsBza3swords Member Posts: 91
    edited November 2009
    Ive had the misfortune of playing this guy and agree his language and banter at the tables is appalling
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited November 2009
    I had the same thing from the same guy. Was in a position I was calling his all in with any 2 cards, (which turned out to be K6 and i won) he then starts calling me a Dopey C.. etc etc and then decided to tell everyone on our other table what I did.. (if i folded I had 3 blinds left and would not cash, if I doubled I would be safe...) guy doesn't understand poker and doesn't understand sometimes your cards dont matter
  • Options
    FlutNushFlutNush Member Posts: 371
    edited November 2009
    Blimey Benny, there's so much wrong with that scenario, I hardly know where to start...

1. What kind of parent lets their daughter watch them gambling? What kind of role model is that? At least when I play, I tell my daughters that I'm spending an evening burgling houses or stealing car hub caps, anything but playing Poker. I find it's a far better lesson to them if I'm furtive and deceitful. What are these people thinking?

2. The mother then blamed you for the swearing that another player did... because she had issues with your hole cards? This complex triangle of miscommunication just doesn't make any sense. By that example: If I'm driving, and turn my head towards another driver who's shouting and swearing at me, and as a result of this, crash into a building, can I have a go at the freeholder of the property for leaving the obstacle there?

3. The husband continues the shining example of parenthood, by jumping onto the computer and hurling even more abuse. Nice: so far we've got gambling and violence. I sincerely hope that alcohol was involved to complete this cosy triptych of domestic bliss.

Worst of all... somewhere out there, is a poor, damaged, 12 year old girl, that may never experience the joys of Poker, simply because she now believes that us players are a moronic, childish, petulant, unreasonable, argumentative bunch of bitter neanderthals.

Actually, she may have a point. I might pop up to the loft and retrieve my Scalextric set instead... it seems far safer

• Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: table abuse:
    Blimey Benny, there's so much wrong with that scenario, I hardly know where to start... 1. What kind of parent lets their daughter watch them gambling? What kind of role model is that? At least when I play, I tell my daughters that I'm spending an evening burgling houses or stealing car hub caps, anything but playing Poker. I find it's a far better lesson to them if I'm furtive and deceitful. What are these people thinking? 2. The mother then blamed you for the swearing that another player did... because she had issues with your hole cards? This complex triangle of miscommunication just doesn't make any sense. By that example: If I'm driving, and turn my head towards another driver who's shouting and swearing at me, and as a result of this, crash into a building, can I have a go at the freeholder of the property for leaving the obstacle there? 3. The husband continues the shining example of parenthood, by jumping onto the computer and hurling even more abuse. Nice: so far we've got gambling and violence. I sincerely hope that alcohol was involved to complete the cosy triptych of family-togetherness. Worst of all... somewhere out there, is a poor, damaged, 12 year old girl, that may never experience the joys of Poker, simply because she now believes that us players are a moronic, childish, petulant, unreasonable, argumentative bunch of bitter neanderthals. Actually, she may have a point. I might pop up to the loft and retrieve my Scalextric set instead... it seems far safer
    Posted by FlutNush
    Lol class post as usual sir!

WP last night by the way
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    Hi Benny et al.

I am just wondering whether all players on sky, whether they are offended/bothered by abusive chat or not, should have an obligation to report its occurence.  That way, even if they are not offended personally, it might eliminate the possibility of someone else being offended by abusive chat at a later date.

Seems like a reasonable idea. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2009
    If many many more chat bans were handed out and Sky was seen to take a no-nonsense stance to it, it would soon stop.

No warning, no 1st offenders ticking off, a straight 3 month ban followed by life for a second offence.

Although, I do like to see a little abuse, it gives you an immediate idea as to the quality of the player on your table.

Any self respecting player with a +roi would never lower themselves. Always saves me a sharkscope use.
  • Options
    themackemthemackem Member Posts: 195
    edited November 2009
    bring him on benny i used 2 work the doors years ago .....by that i dont meen yeeeeaaaarrrrssss ago lol
    Posted by DELTA
    delta we all know you worked the doors before hinges and handles were invented.............

we all know you like to hold onto knobs ( door )

but what we dont know is that you used work the mothercare door !!!!!
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: CFC 302 : delta we all know you worked the doors before hinges and handles were invented............. we all know you like to hold onto knobs ( door ) but what we dont know is that you used work the mothercare door !!!!!
    Posted by themackem
     one word ,

class
  • Options
    JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited November 2009
    12yo girls shouldn't be watching poker anyway.
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited November 2009
    BRILLIANT FLUTNUSH BRILLIANT
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Oh dear .. Flutnush ..that was a joke  !!  .. just a point I made to SkyRich about me having to go to 'care&support"  with the   "click here"