You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

'MAC" The Mouth!!

bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Oh my  what a show.. brilliant  John 'Big Mac' McCririck and the boys having me in stiches,
so so good   !!!

Comments

• Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited November 2009
    not so sure Anjie will be liking him so much
  • Options
    edited November 2009

ED  DP  McCririk   better than the 'Marks Brothers' ...the best show all year ...
  • Options
    LONGPLAYLONGPLAY Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2009
    could be a while before he's invited back :)
  • Options
    booboo69booboo69 Member Posts: 196
    edited November 2009
    He is a funny fella, that's for sure.

I saw an interview with him once regarding Christmas.
    He hates it so much that he catches a flight from the States (somewhere in California if I remember correctly) late on Christmas Eve to London. Due to time difference and the mega long flight, when he lands, it's the early hours of Boxing day.
    How's that for being a nutter.
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2009
    I can't stand the guy, he makes so many cringeworthy comments.

I remember watching him on the alan titchmarsh show once and Alan kicked him off for being so rude! Lol!

He also claims to not be sexist and yet I found him to be quite so.
  • Options
    MajjMajj Member Posts: 99
    edited November 2009
    Yeah I can't help but say that although I'm sure he's otherwise an alright sort of bloke, I can't overlook some of his comments and think he has come across as a terrible human being. Hard job for DP and he has to laugh it off but McCririck has been bang out of order at times. Hope Sarah wipes the floor with him.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
     lol  oh  and TK was helping Sarah   and Mac wins ..oh mate  hahahaaaaaaa
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah this terrible sexist rant after he wins should stop him from coming back in the future. Anyone laughing along or ignoring that on the basis that he's a 'character' should reappraise and stand up if they disagree with him (which anyone should). Unlucky Sarah and don't take any of his comments to heart
  • Options
    kalooki8kalooki8 Member Posts: 442
    edited November 2009
    He's a **** embarrassment as a human being but car crashingly entertaining. I watch him in the same way I watched Haloween for the first time and that's not with my tongue out thinking what I would like to do to Jamie Lee.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    alan titchmarsh kicked him off show? that id like to see lol
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: 'MAC" The Mouth!!:
    He's a **** embarrassment as a human being but car crashingly entertaining. I watch him in the same way I watched Haloween for the first time and that's not with my tongue out thinking what I would like to do to Jamie Lee.
    Posted by kalooki8
    Oh I get that completely, and yeah it does have its entertainment value, but I'm afraid the response to 'Sarah's a terrible poker player because she's a woman but hey I'd teach her a thing or two in private wink wink' shouldn't be 'Oh John you can't say that *chuckle* what are you like you old rogue?' but in fact 'you're literally wrong, either shut the **** up about your views or come and join us in the 21st century'. Humouring hilarious old sexists or racists is always the easier option but you have to stand up to what is just outdated bull**** rants funny or not, if you turn a blind eye in certain cases you're a hypocrite and this is something I firmly firmly believe in. McCririck is not at all funny but in fact representative of a shocking amount of people who think saying those things is allright and laughing along when they do is not the way to change that.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: 'MAC" The Mouth!! : Oh I get that completely, and yeah it does have its entertainment value, but I'm afraid the response to 'Sarah's a terrible poker player because she's a woman but hey I'd teach her a thing or two in private wink wink' shouldn't be 'Oh John you can't say that *chuckle* what are you like you old rogue?' but in fact 'you're literally wrong, either shut the **** up about your views or come and join us in the 21st century'. Humouring hilarious old sexists or racists is always the easier option but you have to stand up to what is just outdated bull**** rants funny or not, if you turn a blind eye in certain cases you're a hypocrite and this is something I firmly firmly believe in. McCririck is not at all funny but in fact representative of a shocking amount of people who think saying those things is allright and laughing along when they do is not the way to change that.
    Posted by Majj
    I couldn't agree more.
    Very well said Majj.
    McCririck should not be allowed on television.
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited November 2009
    darn it,have i missed some controversy?He is a proper head case that guy.
  • Options
    chirkerchirker Member Posts: 160
    edited November 2009
    Not the most politically correct man on T.V  i admit, but it make's good T.V. If people find him offensive, use the remote, or lighten up a bit.
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    aarrrrrr, missed it, he is funny.
  • Options
    SherlockSherlock Member Posts: 109
    edited November 2009
    aarrrrrr, missed it, he is funny.
    Posted by nirvana29
    Don't worry, there'll be plenty of chances to see it again and again and again and again.........

All the best
  • Options
    themackemthemackem Member Posts: 195
    edited November 2009
    Not the most politically correct man on T.V  i admit, but it make's good T.V. If people find him offensive, use the remote, or lighten up a bit.
    Posted by chirker
    im sick to the back teeth of political correctness..........i wish the all other medias were like this and bring the fun back
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited November 2009

HES ENTERTIANING AND JUDGING BY THIS THREAD THOUGHT PROVOKING CANT REMEMBER THE TONY GUBBA THREAD ON HERE!

• Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    Hi all

The problem with john mc whatever his name is that his extreme views can be humorous to some people (typically men) but to those he is offending they can be plain rude.  So while I admittedly was entertained, I am aware that many people will not have been.  had he been attacking Scots, saying we were inherently poor at poker, for example, I'd have been less amused and more offended at the racial implications.

His treatment of sarah Champion seemed to me to be over the score.  I do not believe he knows her well enough to speak in such harsh terms (maybe i am wrong and if so i apologise).  Sure, its all entertainment, and there may or may not be genuine intent in the remarks he made, but I would be interested to hear sarah's views on his treatment of her.

Ray
  • Options
    chirkerchirker Member Posts: 160
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: 'MAC" The Mouth!! : im sick to the back teeth of political correctness..........i wish the all other medias were like this and bring the fun back
    Posted by themackem
    My point exactly.