You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

'MAC" The Mouth!!

Comments

• Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    the  man an  idiot
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: 'MAC" The Mouth!!:
    Hi all The problem with john mc whatever his name is that his extreme views can be humorous to some people (typically men) but to those he is offending they can be plain rude.  So while I admittedly was entertained, I am aware that many people will not have been.  had he been attacking Scots, saying we were inherently poor at poker, for example, I'd have been less amused and more offended at the racial implications. His treatment of sarah Champion seemed to me to be over the score.  I do not believe he knows her well enough to speak in such harsh terms (maybe i am wrong and if so i apologise).  Sure, its all entertainment, and there may or may not be genuine intent in the remarks he made, but I would be interested to hear sarah's views on his treatment of her. Ray
    Posted by Buistyboy
    The truth hurts, doesn't it? lol, you could have added football, cricket,rugby etc etc lool, but you could win the world deep fried battered mars bar eating championship lol
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: 'MAC" The Mouth!! : Oh I get that completely, and yeah it does have its entertainment value, but I'm afraid the response to 'Sarah's a terrible poker player because she's a woman but hey I'd teach her a thing or two in private wink wink' shouldn't be 'Oh John you can't say that *chuckle* what are you like you old rogue?' but in fact 'you're literally wrong, either shut the **** up about your views or come and join us in the 21st century'. Humouring hilarious old sexists or racists is always the easier option but you have to stand up to what is just outdated bull**** rants funny or not, if you turn a blind eye in certain cases you're a hypocrite and this is something I firmly firmly believe in. McCririck is not at all funny but in fact representative of a shocking amount of people who think saying those things is allright and laughing along when they do is not the way to change that.
    Posted by Majj
    Hi

Nice 1 majj, hope sky do not show this again, they can edit it because there would be nothing of the show left cos he wont shut up, Please sky no repeat of this biggot.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    missed it last night, however with all this negative feedback im gonna give it a look, thanks guys should be fun???
  • Options
    MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited November 2009
    missed it last night, however with all this negative feedback im gonna give it a look, thanks guys should be fun???
    Posted by loonytoons
    When is the repeat?
  • Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited November 2009

i forgot all about this being on, its normally repeated on friday day time but its not on.  Will it be shown again?

• Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    Hi Loony

lol, never had a deep fried mars bar myself yet, but perhaps my fellow scots on here can go into the finer details of this delicacy.  And our national teams poor record at cricket is something we take great pride in...
  • Options
    acetenololacetenolol Member Posts: 62
    edited November 2009
    He went beyond a joke when he started laying into Sarah Champion it was uncomfortable to watch from then on.

I'm new to skypoker but I believe she hasn't been playing so long .

I don't mind a bit of sledging but after the game is over its time to shut up and not act like an odious gelatinous tapeworm with skiddy undies (as revealed on big brother).
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited November 2009
    I did find him entertaining, but also agree he took things to far with the abuse he gave Sarah,

But i dont blame him I blame whoever booked him, and whoever booked Sarah to play him.

Everyone knows who is he is, what hes about, and what he thinks of women.

He was always going to abuse Sarah if he beat her, and whoever booked it all should have known this.  Yes it would have been great if Sarah won, he would have got tons of abuse.

But this was someone who has played numerous times in vegas, and despite making some bad moves earlier in the show he does have a grasp on the game where as Sarah is relativly new to the game.

I just hope the abuse didnt upset her or put her off donig these challenges in future

Gareth
  • Options
    MajjMajj Member Posts: 99
    edited November 2009
    Not the most politically correct man on T.V  i admit, but it make's good T.V. If people find him offensive, use the remote, or lighten up a bit.
    Posted by chirker
    Why should people have to stop watching a show about poker because of some guy's bigoted views on women? I hate political correctness gone mad, but this is in NO way the same, this is where political correctness SHOULD come in. I'm a young white male (along with most people posting here I'd guess) so in that case then yes I suppose if I'm offended I could switch off, but I can't help thinking that any woman watching that would have been genuinely offended and why should they be? I'm sure sky isn't trying to turn that demographic away so I can't see him rocking up again and thank christ for that
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
    Edmund Burke.

While it is a bit OTT for Mr. McCririck's attitude to be classed as evil it is wholly unacceptable and people should speak out against it.

It seems that Sky have deemed that the program is not suitable to be repeated which must be a good thing.
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited November 2009

Well for me it was like watching "Fawlty Towers" over again,  with John McCririck as Basil and DP as 'Sybil' .. for what it's worth DP took the reins well , stopped him when he needed to and let ED "Manuel"  flounder in disbelief...  !!
     To be fair some of ED's questions about   "Mac's" Vegas nights were truly inspired .. all in all the boys handled Mac brilliantly and as for the comments about beating Sarah saying she was useless, well it may have come over a bit harsh, but that's him ..he takes the micky about all women in sport, even calls his own wife  'the boobie' in public ...
    Also if he'd have realised Sarah had got help from TK (as Ed told us) then he would have said the same thing  ...  For me it was a very funny night, entertaining and well done to DP and ED for handling 'the mouth' ....

• Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited November 2009
      I am actually very divided on the man. I find his comments to be offensive and rude, but at the same time he also says some things that others wish they could say and dont.

My main thing division is i am not sure if we are talking about him as a person or as a persona. If the comments and nasty remarks are truly him then the comments in this forum about him are fully justified. But if this is just a persona he has created to cause controversy and keep him in work then he should be regarded as a genius because he has achieved it perfectly.

Just an idea i thought i would throw out to see what people think
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    From the comments posted here I am glad that I made the decision not to watch this show. 

I HOPE that whoever made the decision to book John McCririck for this show makes a personal apology to Sarah and that Mr McCririck is never again allowed onto the show.
  • Options
    LONGPLAYLONGPLAY Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2009
    his wife comes out of this looking really bad,hard to imagine any woman would choose this loathesome individual as a partner...but she did,how embarrassing.
  • Options
    themackemthemackem Member Posts: 195
    edited November 2009
    From the comments posted here I am glad that I made the decision not to watch this show.  I HOPE that whoever made the decision to book John McCririck for this show makes a personal apology to Sarah and that Mr McCririck is never again allowed onto the show.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    its entertainment u tart ... dont fish for apollogies ....im bored with all this correctness.... bring on the fun and learn how to play AQ
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: 'MAC" The Mouth!! : its entertainment u tart ... dont fish for apollogies ....
    Posted by themackem
    lol  hahahaa    I loved the show .. more   more   more   more 
       DP  you were a STAR  and 'mystic ED'   :))
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited November 2009
    personally i love the guy
  • Options
    booboo69booboo69 Member Posts: 196
    edited November 2009
    anyone else see him on soccer am?
    he had nothing but praise for helen, because she gave him as much verbal back as he dished out.
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: 'MAC" The Mouth!! : The truth hurts, doesn't it? lol, you could have added football, cricket,rugby etc etc lool, but you could win the world deep fried battered mars bar eating championship lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    Hi Loony

Regarding the above statement, I have been looking forward to your revising your position, to declare Scotland giants of the rugby world, having just trounced the mighty Australia!  Perhaps you have posted it in another thread mate, and ii just havent come across it yet.  If so, please point me in the right direction lol.