You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Collusion

gazscoopgazscoop Member Posts: 30
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Just being playing a SPT qualifier today, 3 left top 2 get entry to semi.

Im shortstack around 3k, 2nd player has 8k chip leader 15k (ish)

Throughout this they flood the chat box with "check the hand down" when Im not in the pot.

Chip leader tells the other player to raise when Im not in hand and he will give fold.

I mention in the chat box several times about the soft play, to be honest Im fuming at this point.

They also exchange facebook and msn names in the chat box!!!

I now know its pointless raising as Im going to up against 2 players every hand, so my only move is allin and hope I get lucky.

I manage to get a lucky double up and after a few shoves and blind folds Im up to 9k ish.

Anyway I shove with 88, one of the players tells the other one to fold, obviously he has a monster, he does AA, which hold up.

I have already discussed this through the Skychat function and they have said they will deal with it, what does that mean, will these be disqualified with me being entered.............. I very much doubt it.

What would other players like to see happen in these circumstances.

Comments

• Options
    chirkerchirker Member Posts: 160
    edited November 2009
    If what your saying is correct, in my opinion they should both be kicked off this site. There's a good honest community on sky poker, no room for this sort of behaviour.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Collusion:
    If what your saying is correct, in my opinion they should both be kicked off this site. There's a good honest community on sky poker, no room for this sort of behaviour.
    Posted by chirker
    Its true, been playing online and live for over 7 years and I have never came across anything so blatent, I have also requested the chat box history.
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited November 2009
    hi gazscoop,this is awful.as far as i am concerned they should not only be disqualified and you put through but also ban them both from sky poker.thats my opinion anyway.gl m8
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Does anyone know if its possible to get the chat box history, I was half way through scrolling the chat box and copying at the same time as evidence and the game ended :-(
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2009

I think they're mugs for making it so obvious. Theres obvious ways to beat a short stack, alot of what they did, wud have happened anyway if they have any idea what theyre doing. But by making it blatently obvious in the chatbox, theyve blown it. Theres no doubt about it 1 or both must be dq'd and you progress. By trying to beat u (fairly or unfairly is a new debate, obviously ganging up on the shortie in a sat is common sense)  theyve obviously helped you by going about it in the wrong way. Surely they were reading eachothers minds, didnt need writing. Theyve given u a lifeline. Plz update the post and let me know what comes of it. GL to ya

DOHHHH

(P.S, what was the buy in here???)

• Options
    mabsuemabsue Member Posts: 382
    edited November 2009
    if you have reported it trust me sky will deal with it by suspendeding the players involved i know this FACT
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    £5.20

dont care about the money tbh, I agree about the strategy against the shortstack, however I had built my stack up to just about level 2nd place, however my game strategy is lost as I cant put any small raises in as both players will call, my only move is allin.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited November 2009
    Does anyone know if its possible to get the chat box history, I was half way through scrolling the chat box and copying at the same time as evidence and the game ended :-(
    Posted by gazscoop
     Sky will have full access to everything said in the chatbox, as long as you have told them the tourney they will investigate it. Don't know what the punishment will be. Probs chat ban but not sure what you will get out of it.
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited November 2009
    Sky will deal with this in the correct manner. Hopefully you will be in the SPT Semi! let us know what happens
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    certainly deserves an enquiry if this happened.  Dont know how it works if found they were colluding
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2009
    i am sure sky heads will sort it out for you,

yep i agree ban both of them,

one comment from them in chat box  maybe a slip of the finger ,

but blatant cheating like this no excuse .

defo lets us know the outcome.

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2009

Hey, I only asked what the buy in was to understand the ability/experience of the players involved. It wasnt in anyway aimed to take momentum/emphasis away from ur point. The same of course wud apply to a tourny with a 50p buy in.

DOHH
  • Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited November 2009

Keep us updated with what happens, have seen this a few times so am interested as to what, if any, action sky take

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Hey, I only asked what the buy in was to understand the ability/experience of the players involved. It wasnt in anyway aimed to take momentum/emphasis away from ur point. The same of course wud apply to a tourny with a 50p buy in. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol, its the most expensive sat I'll have you know ;-)
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited November 2009
    They're must be very silly to be that blatant! Report it straight away.
  • Options
    Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
    edited November 2009
    how idiotic can these 2 be for doing it so blatently? both should be banned imo 
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    I agree with everything that has been said. Both players should be D/Q and have lifetime chat bans.
    This is blatant cheating and should not be allowed.
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2009
    i dont agree with a lifetime sky ban being the correct course of action.

a chat-box ban yes, but if you did this in live poker you'd be warned and asked to stop first, with the current hand to be made dead.

anyhow, if u reported that was all that's needed, sky moderators will handle it no doubt about that. whether you're put through the sat is another story, i doubt you'd be on the forum if you didn't run into aces and go bust. for one thing, you shouldn't be making "small" raises when it's 3 way anyway, so it probably didnt change the outcome of the game much imo since by the time you reach 3-way on sky its always <10bb poker making it very much steal+preflop-shove poker.
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    report  it
  • Options
    labrat64labrat64 Member Posts: 987
    edited November 2009
    I had this on another site a couple of years ago. Unfortunately they never took any action against the perpatrators, and i've not been on that particular site since. I know that Sky will take a very dim view as to what happened to you and you should be entered into the tourney. Good luck in that, keep us posted as to the outcome.